If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 READ!

Re: If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 R

Can you post the picture you sent them?[/quote]

Its on my iphone and Im not sure how to post the photo here. The photo clearly showed it was an no version esc with the blue mark on the capacitor. I have another phantom that has all the correct parts (2.1 esc & vented wi fi module) and I'm going to fly both and not worry about it and trust what DJI has stated that I have the correct esc's.....[/quote]

That is what I had. When I called the CA support center they said they were wrong. They paid to pick it up and send it back. You might want to call them.[/quote]

Do you have the number to the California support center? I purchased my Phantom directly from DJI's website. Don't you need an RMA from DJI support for them to pay for warranty repair work or did you purchase yours from a third party retailer? Thanks.

rdc4444 said:
Do you have the number to the California support center? I purchased my Phantom directly from DJI's website. Don't you need an RMA from DJI support for them to pay for warranty repair work or did you purchase yours from a third party retailer? Thanks.

I bought it off their website too. You'll need an RMA but they won't tell you if it is under warranty until they look at it. That was my experience anyway.

818-235-0789

Is there a list of phone numbers and websites for places in the US that will do these replacements and mods to the v3.0 birds? With good weather around the corner, I don't think I can stomach my Quad being gone for weeks.

I just found usDroneRepair on Facebook. Anyone else performing surgery on these v3.0 P2V+ in the US?

I purchased from Adorama at end of December and still have warranty. However, I rather have it done correctly.

Marlin009 said:
rdc4444 said:

I bought it off their website too. You'll need an RMA but they won't tell you if it is under warranty until they look at it. That was my experience anyway.

818-235-0789

Im not going to bother and deal with the hassle and then end up maybe having to pay for everything because they tell me again everything is "fine". They have already looked at it through the photo I sent and the s/n and said I have the correct ESC's. I have two P2v+ ver 3 and one has all the correct labeled parts (including the 2.1 esc) while the other one doesn't. I've had 42 flawless flights with my no version esc Phantom and will keep flying and not worry about this issue and trust DJI. I've already popped the top twice and everything so far looks fine. I will probably pop the top to take a look at the esc's at the 100 flight mark assuming they dont burn up before then...lol. I'll keep everyone posted if they do indeed become a problem. Wish me luck!!!

Usdronerepair (jeremy) and myself (UAV repair shop) have done dozens of these
And pretty much any kind of mod/upgrade/fix for any kind of phantom.

djsydvicious said:
Is there a list of phone numbers and websites for places in the US that will do these replacements and mods to the v3.0 birds? With good weather around the corner, I don't think I can stomach my Quad being gone for weeks.

I just found usDroneRepair on Facebook. Anyone else performing surgery on these v3.0 P2V+ in the US?

I purchased from Adorama at end of December and still have warranty. However, I rather have it done correctly.

rdc4444 said:
Marlin009 said:
rdc4444 said:

818-235-0789

Im not going to bother and deal with the hassle and then end up maybe having to pay for everything because they tell me again everything is "fine". They have already looked at it through the photo I sent and the s/n and said I have the correct ESC's. I have two P2v+ ver 3 and one has all the correct labeled parts (including the 2.1 esc) while the other one doesn't. I've had 42 flawless flights with my no version esc Phantom and will keep flying and not worry about this issue and trust DJI. I've already popped the top twice and everything so far looks fine. I will probably pop the top to take a look at the esc's at the 100 flight mark assuming they dont burn up before then...lol. I'll keep everyone posted if they do indeed become a problem. Wish me luck!!!

Ah, but you communicate to China not so much to good communication to see there. I have emails previous too and not fine, he sign email Bob, but not Bob.
You orda by numba! :D

Good luck with it, seriously. ;)

first i thought you were for real, then i noticed who wrote it!!!!

LOL!!!!!!

Are you restricted to the Heli area?

If you ever get a chance, go see the pylon racing there. It's an annual event, I think. Those planes fly at upwards of 200 mph. Crazy to watch, especially when they crash - just a shower of carbon fiber debris! ($$$) I'll have to go back and check out the flying area for the Phantom.

Gary

I've been an Avionics Bench Tech for almost 40 years and I just can't understand why you would replace the wires unless they are damaged. The added solder joint just adds more resistance. Just make sure the wires are not touching or in close proximity to the mosfets. If you want to go further, you can separate the wires from each other and tack them to stay apart with RTV 3145. I doubt having the wires touch each other is a problem as long as they are not getting fried by the heat from the mosfets.

johnp44 said:
I've been an Avionics Bench Tech for almost 40 years and I just can't understand why you would replace the wires unless they are damaged. The added solder joint just adds more resistance. Just make sure the wires are not touching or in close proximity to the mosfets. If you want to go further, you can separate the wires from each other and tack them to stay apart with RTV 3145. I doubt having the wires touch each other is a problem as long as they are not getting fried by the heat from the mosfets.

I agree with you. However, I think what has happened in very isolated cases, is that the dual core wire has become weakened/fractured during the manufacturing/soldering process, and there is suspicion that the vibration is a final nail in the coffin causing catastrophic failure mid-flight.

818-235-0789[/quote]

Im not going to bother and deal with the hassle and then end up maybe having to pay for everything because they tell me again everything is "fine". They have already looked at it through the photo I sent and the s/n and said I have the correct ESC's. I have two P2v+ ver 3 and one has all the correct labeled parts (including the 2.1 esc) while the other one doesn't. I've had 42 flawless flights with my no version esc Phantom and will keep flying and not worry about this issue and trust DJI. I've already popped the top twice and everything so far looks fine. I will probably pop the top to take a look at the esc's at the 100 flight mark assuming they dont burn up before then...lol. I'll keep everyone posted if they do indeed become a problem. Wish me luck!!![/quote]

Ah, but you communicate to China not so much to good communication to see there. I have emails previous too and not fine, he sign email Bob, but not Bob.
You orda by numba! :D

Good luck with it, seriously. ;)[/quote]

LOL....I like your Engrish.... Thanks for wishing me luck ;) ....God knows I'm going to need it. I havent had much luck in my life. :cry: I feel like I'm flying a ticking time bomb :shock: .... Thank god I have another P2V+ version 3 with the correct esc's and 3 other phantom 1's so if it falls from the sky I can keep on flying... If it does fall from the sky It might be a good excuse for me to purchase the SKY PROWLER!!! :ugeek:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/35 ... transform/

bbfpv said:
rdc4444 said:

pfff. I'll have to see that thing to believe it, especially for the price it's being listed at. How are they planning to skirt the whole LOS debate?

I dont think they care and besides technically you can fly a phantom out of LOS range easily. I often loss sight especially when flying in ground station. BTW the price is the Kickstarter price. Once it is released expect to pay over $2k to get a fully loaded one with FPV capability.

I'm wait and see like you but if it comes out as promised and performs as they have stated I'm definitely getting one...83mph with 40 minute flight times and vertical takeoff and landings and hover capability is SICK!!! Drone capability is also nice!! This beast is more for the enjoyment and thrill of high speed flying and not really aerial photography. I need more speed and longer flight times!!!. this thing will act more like the Predator drone you have in your profile picture BBFPV!!! Sweet...

Competition is good...Brings down prices and leads to more innovation... I love the phantom however I'm ready to enjoy a different kind of flight experience with the SKY Prowler :eek:

Oh and hopefully I wont have to worry about incompatible esc's...lol ;)

johnp44 said:

40 years of experience in avionics and you dont understand platform vibration? Ok... You have never heard of low amplitude high frequency vibration?

Could you please tell me what airlines or airport you have worked out of so I can try and route around them. ;)

Did you look back to page 62 and see that DJI has acknowledged this problem by trying to goop silicone on the wires?

Here is a quick google search relating to your "profession" in regards to vibrations in flying platforms. Its one of leading causes of electrical failures from either chaffed wires or broken wires. Lets not take steps backwards with every other page of posting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=passeng ... 8&oe=utf-8

Hi, i'm just about to order a v3 but want to make sure i get a latest model. Is it true that the esc type is written on the box? Its just that i don't want to order one, take it home and take the top off to realise i have an older version. Thanks in advance.

UKFlyer said:
Is it true that the esc type is written on the box?
No. The version number is on the ESC itself.

Thanks, so just to clarify. Should it be the latest model if it says on the esc 2.1 and the wifi module is vented? Cheers

The vented Wi-Fi module has nothing to do with the ESC version. You do want ESC version 2.1 though.

If the Phantom remote controller has the tilt wheel in the corner, then it's a version 3.0.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West