Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

I wish my P3 had two cameras

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Chris Vedeler, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Chris Vedeler

Wouldn't it be great if the P3 had two cameras? One low resolution camera that automatically always pointed in the direction of travel and the other pointed at what ever it is I want to video (like the Inspire 1). Many times I am either pulling away from a subject or traveling sideways and can not see where I am going. It would be nice to be able to monitor the direction of travel to avoid trees or other obstacles.

Am I on to something? Should I file a patent before my idea get stolen and DJI makes millions off of it?

RiZe-TommyGun likes this.
  2. RiZe-TommyGun

Thanks for the idea! I just filed the patent myself.

D4T_PoM and Altanore like this.
  3. REBELimgs

The official answer for seeing where you're going is to always have a visual of your phantom.

4. Lovelight

This was one of the reasons I decided to hold off on an Inspire 1. There are after market options but an integrated solution would be best. That's really the right platform for this and I wouldn't be surprised to see it on the next version.

5. Chris Vedeler

Even with a visual, it is sometimes really hard to tell exactly how far a tree or bridge or rock is from the direction of travel from the quads perspective.