Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

I think I might be hosed.....

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Help' started by ShoreBird, Apr 14, 2014.

1. ShoreBird

Hello all,
    I hate my first post to be about an problem I am having but I am desperate for help.
    My vision 2 was purchased about two months ago and has been relatively problem free since day one. It has been babied and never crashed. I had one uneven landing that didn't even break a blade. Its never been exposed to rain or moisture.
    This past week I had been having an issue with the a video delay that just got worse to the point that it would just lock on a single image and never refresh. I didn't have any issues connected to the repeater at this point. I put in a call to support and got the "up date the unit" response....sigh* OK. So after the firmware it appeared to be improved....but only inside on my work bench. As soon as I took the unit outside the problem returned. I had to give up on it for a few days for work. Today I tired to mess with it and now I can only get connected to the router once of every five boot ups. I have to shut it down and start over. When I could connect I cannot see the camera at all. In the binding option there is no information listed just n/a. I do not have the original box so I used the MAC address on the repeater to try to bind it. It says it successful and I click the check mark. After I do that the router disconnects in which I am assuming an auto reboot. After the reboot if I'm luck enough to get connected back to the unit I still cannot see the camera and the binding information is blank AGAIN. I want to scream..... :evil:
    I have tried other phones and tablets. Thinking it could be wifi interference I went to another location with limited wifi singles.
    I'm think I might need to send this thing in for repair......
    ANY help would be appreciated!

2. J Dot

Here is the POSSIBLE fix:
    ( at least it worked on mine, with same issue )

( my app auto updated, causing firmware conflict )
    And my PREVIEW SETTING WAS TOO HIGH )

1) I deleted and reinstalled the DJI APP
    2) changed my PREVIEW SETTING TO: ( under settings in app )
    ( 640x480 15fps )
    3) Problem solved ( I still want to field test ) but worked fine for 5 minutes or so no delay or glitching!
    ( NOTE: I did start with a lower setting ( 320x240 15fps ) but found picture quality was poor ( FPV view only ) actual footage is fine
    So I moved to 320x240 30fps was better, but 640x480 15fps was my iPhone 4s's sweet spot, when I tried to push it to ( 640x480 30fps DELAYS started and gradually got worse as time passed! So switched back to 640x480 15fps.

I have a completely stock Phantom 2 vision
    Running latest firmware and drivers, I use an iPhone 4s,
    I'm running full 1080p ( I chose the middle setting, can't remember what it was off hand? )
    And and previewing at ( 640x480 15fps )
    ( I added a GPS tracker to my phantom 2 Vision as we'll )
    IN CASE OF FLY AWAY!
    Seems to be doing good! Will keep you updated!
    Thanks for all the help guys/gals! I appreciate it !

Sounds like preview setting too high, or update issue, please let us know, thanks!
    Jerry D
    USA
    ( J Dot )

dirkclod likes this.
  3. horne47789

I don't have the vision2, but you may want to look at the wifi interference again and change the wifi channel.

Perhaps you have a neighbor who has just installed a new router and it is conflicting with your Phantom. Get a laptop of tablet app that will allow you to see which channels are in use by your neighbours and then at least you can rule this out.

Good luck - Damian.

4. ShoreBird

Well after running through the recommended items I was still having issues.
    After contact the seller "DronesETC" I was told I need to QR code from the original box and using the MAC address off the unit did not always work. They helped me get a new code and emailed it over to me from DJI. Once I used that code everything was happy.
    Less learned is don't make assumptions that you think you know what your doing. HA.
    Thanks guys!

5. ShoreBird

Scratch that last post....the bind fails every time I shut the thing down and power it back on. Its being returned to DJI. :evil:

6. dragonash

I'm assuming that the Vision uses micro SD cards as well (Im coming from a FC40).
    A known issue with the FC40 is video lag when using lower class cards.

If you arent using a Class 10 card (meant for video), switch to it. If you are, try a new one. The current one might be dying.