I picked up a Phantom 1 off craigslist, have questions

Reaction score
The battery charger has numerous settings, which ones do I need to use? What is the usb cord inside the shell for? When I lift off the the led starts flashing ready, is this due to a low battery?

Use the LIPo setting for battery type. You can charge at 1A, 2A or 3A but faster charge rates may shorten battery life.
The USB cable is used to connect to the NAZA Assistant software. You should download this and connect to the Phantom for calibration of the IMU and transmitter and to check your battery voltage. The flashing red when you lift off likely indicates low voltage. The battery or charger could be bad.

I connected to the charger and it is solid read and the 3s light is light up under cell equalizer. This usb cord is too short to even hook to my pc

Hey dllcm, all these questions are referenced in the user guide for the P1, but I'll touch on each one briefly.

The battery charger has numerous settings, which ones do I need to use?

For the Balance Charger BC20-4, the left slide switch should be set to LiPo. The right switch, if you have a stock 2200 mAh battery, should be set to 2A. If you have a third party battery, like a Multistar 4000 mAh, then the highest setting of 3A should be used. A rule of thumb is to match the battery amp rating (mAh x 1000 = A) with the setting on the stock charger. Those are the only two settings on the stock charger. Be sure to plug in both cables, the XT60 connector and the small white four conductor, which goes in the 3S jack.

What is the usb cord inside the shell for?

The USB cable located in the battery compartment, allows you to connect the Phantom to your PC in order to change/verify settings in the NAZA M V2 Flight Controller and perform various calibrations. It's important also to download and install the appropriate drivers from the DJI website before connecting the bird. Some of these settings and calibrations should be carried out before the first flight.

When I lift off the the led starts flashing ready, is this due to a low battery?

If you are referencing the Flight Status LED on the rear of the bird, the flash codes are in the user guide or available online, as well as in numerous threads here on the forum. We would need more specific info as to what color and how many flashes to diagnose the status. It's a good idea to never fly with a battery that has not been fully charged.

I hope that answers most of your questions or points you in the right direction to gather the information. Being prepared with all the info before the flight is critical to safe and rewarding flying. Have fun and fly safe...

I am talking about the big led on the back. I am getting green flashing lights on the gps lights

It was a low battery, I had another battery on the charger that turned solid green. I went outside and it flew great. It has a black carbon fiber looking gimbal, what all kinds of cameras can be put on it?

It was a low battery, I had another battery on the charger that turned solid green. I went outside and it flew great. It has a black carbon fiber looking gimbal, what all kinds of cameras can be put on it?
Most gimbals for the Phantom were intended for a GoPro camera. Some similar ones such as Yaomi Yi, SJ cam or Gitup might fit it. There were also some gimbals made for a Mobius camera which is a different shape and size. Can you post a picture of the gimbal?

IT1XaY0.jpg

I was told you needed to have the switch on 3a is this now wrong info I've been given???

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

200, it came with extra blades, two batteries and the charger
Cool, if you are having problems with one battery I would suggest you trickle charge it. My son has an XK Detect X380 and the battery would not charge right with the stock charger, every time he would try to fly it would immediately flash the low voltage warning and land. I got out our old balance charger and charged it at 0.3a, although it took forever to charge, it works again.

The charger says bc20-4. One of my batteries says Phantom on it but the other looks like a generic. It is a Watson rc-2220c3s 2200 mah

I was told you needed to have the switch on 3a is this now wrong info I've been given???

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I normally charge at 2A. I sometimes use 3A if I need to charge faster. The battery may not last as many charge cycles if always charged at a higher current.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl