I Lost my P4P

There was a post where the guy showed his litchi path in 3D on Google earth or maps .It showed the path going right through the trees .Many areas in the US have been 3D mapped now .I tried importing the csv file to Google maps /earth (3D) without success .Someone here may know how to do this properly.
I do have another theory . Suppose the AC made it to Peachtree Industrial Bld ,penetrated the side of a curtainside/tautliner truck and is somewhere in Mexico now ?
Just a thought

With this information, I will be able to fly my Mavic along the same path while checking the tree height in real time. I can confirm your information and then I will consider that a prime area to search.

Just curious, because I just bought a Mavic today, how do you like it? Im a current P3P owner and Ive had a P4 that I just unloaded. My first impression is that the Mavic is a toy with a flimsy gimbal and a cell phone camera, and Im already ready to return it for a P4P. And I still havent flown it yet

There was a post where the guy showed his litchi path in 3D on Google earth or maps .It showed the path going right through the trees .Many areas in the US have been 3D mapped now .I tried importing the csv file to Google maps /earth (3D) without success .Someone here may know how to do this properly.
I do have another theory . Suppose the AC made it to Peachtree Industrial Bld ,penetrated the side of a curtainside/tautliner truck and is somewhere in Mexico now ?
Just a thought

I did display the 3D version of the track in Google Earth street view, but it is not accurate enough for this kind of application - it was clearly too low, relative to the DEM calculations, as it crossed Lakeshore Drive.

LSD.jpg

I'm not sure how Pelio64270 worked out that WP2 is 47m (I will have to follow through his logic again )

That's because I tried to re-build the mission taking into account that in the original one, altitude zero for the drone was not close to waypoint 1 as it is commonly set with Litchi, but at waypoint 3 (home).
When you build a path in Google Earth, altitudes at each waypoint is either at ground level or relative to ground level. In the Litchi hub, they are relative to take off ground level for all waypoints. If you want to display a waypoint mission from the hub in Google Earth as a path whose waypoint altitudes are relative to ground level, then you have to correct in the hub the altitudes of each waypoint from the ground elevation changes (with ground elevation zero at take off point as a reference).

As example and for a sake of clarity, if ground elevation is zero at waypoint 3 (home) of the present mission, we see in the Litchi hub that it will be +9m at waypoint 2 and -4m at waypoint 1.
If you have programmed for the 3 waypoints a uniform altitude of, say, 50m, the absolute altitude of the drone over ground level will actually be 50+4=54m at waypoint 1 and 50-9=41m at waypoint 2. It will be 50m only at waypoint 3 (take off point).

Just curious, because I just bought a Mavic today, how do you like it? Im a current P3P owner and Ive had a P4 that I just unloaded. My first impression is that the Mavic is a toy with a flimsy gimbal and a cell phone camera, and Im already ready to return it for a P4P. And I still havent flown it yet

Hi..I have had a P4P for awhile and I know what your feeling..However, I can't knock the Mavic Pro. It's just different..The cam is not "as" good as the P4P and that's to be expected but it's still great and the video is close. The gimbal does feel cheap when you are used to a P4P but it's still amazing. Go back and watch my video. I am using it more smoothly daily.

That being said, It's actually better in some ways that are important to me. I have found that it has more range, it's easier to pack, and cheaper to fly.(batteries) Also and most importantly to me, its will work wirelessly with my new DJI googles which will be here In a week or so..

It's no "toy"...It's a serious drone which competes with the P4P in almost every way. (And wins in quite a few) Different strokes..Get Both!

Reactions: sar104
Well i cant return the mother effer or I lose 150 to restock it. Best Buy just started that. It just feels very cheaply made. I really dont like the folding props either, they seem like crap and apt to fail.

In an attempt to formalize what could happen, I draw the flight path from waypoint 1 to waypoint 3 over the terrain elevation profile from Google earth along this path.
Steady altitude from waypoint 1 to waypoint 2 is 184 feet (around 56m) over elevation of waypoint 3 (launch site) then descending from 56m (waypoint 2) to 12m (39 feet) at waypoint 3 (home).

I placed some trees (all high 30m) along the path. The projection shows that the drone could well meet the top of a tree anywhere between waypoint 2 and 3 but more likely close to waypoint 2 (just after or even before if one of these trees is taller than 30m).
Hope this helps.

Lost drone 3_denivele.JPG Lost drone 3_denivele_2.JPG

Well i cant return the mother effer or I lose 150 to restock it. Best Buy just started that. It just feels very cheaply made. I really dont like the folding props either, they seem like crap and apt to fail.

with over 250 trouble free flights on my MP it turned out to be the favorit of my quad collection, taking it along wherever I go.

Same for me, even if image quality is not as good ad that of my P3A.

Thats what Im getting at. Im looking at videos online and they look like crap compared to a p3p. Which I already have. I guess im trying to figure out what I paid a thousand dollars for. Its for sale if someone is a fan and wants another. Never flown.

Thats what Im getting at. Im looking at videos online and they look like crap compared to a p3p. Which I already have. I guess im trying to figure out what I paid a thousand dollars for. Its for sale if someone is a fan and wants another. Never flown.

The Mavic image quality is very good, especially if you shoot RAW and post-process. Not P4P standard, but very comparable to the P4 (I have both). The aircraft itself is very well built, and I suspect that it will turn out to be much less prone to stress cracking than the Phantoms. And while the folding props seem a bit strange at first, they work really well. I've seen no reports anywhere of prop failures.

And then there is the portability, which is in a different league to the Phantoms. It's just like carrying around a regular DSLR.

I'm sure that you will find a buyer.

Reactions: DKG13CC
Maybe i just need someone to hold me and tell me its going to be ok. If you guys say to try it i will

Maybe i just need someone to hold me and tell me its going to be ok. If you guys say to try it i will

Yep..Try it.. I don't know where you're getting that it's cheap because it's very well-built. I think you're stuck on the gimbal which does seem a little wobbly compared but it's a good little bird. No issues at all.

You guys are gonna love this antenna that's being built for me right now. I just sent my Mavic controller off to have moded..it'll be back to me next week sometime with the new tactical ground station which has three different amplified antennas..

I'm getting the very first one off the lines I will share the results here with you guys..It's built for the Mavic..

Reactions: DKG13CC
In an attempt to formalize what could happen, I draw the flight path from waypoint 1 to waypoint 3 over the terrain elevation profile from Google earth along this path.
Steady altitude from waypoint 1 to waypoint 2 is 184 feet (around 56m) over elevation of waypoint 3 (launch site) then descending from 56m (waypoint 2) to 12m (39 feet) at waypoint 3 (home).

I placed some trees (all high 30m) along the path. The projection shows that the drone could well meet the top of a tree anywhere between waypoint 2 and 3 but more likely close to waypoint 2 (just after or even before if one of these trees is taller than 30m).
Hope this helps.

View attachment 83090 View attachment 83091

Well, That opens up a new area as well..BEFORE Waypoint 2 near the power lines! I am taking this all in and will head beck out with a plan this weekend.

"He said, whilst flipping a nickel, nodding in a blinkless grin"

No, seriously it was pretty fun to fly. It is significantly better in the image transmission department it seems so far. I took off from a grassy area (dug a divot with my heel for the gimbal to sit freely) but I didnt know if i should land in one. So i parked it on the concrete, safe and sound. Can I set her down in the turf? Uploading vids to laptop now.

"He said, whilst flipping a nickel, nodding in a blinkless grin"

No, seriously it was pretty fun to fly. It is significantly better in the image transmission department it seems so far. I took off from a grassy area (dug a divot with my heel for the gimbal to sit freely) but I didnt know if i should land in one. So i parked it on the concrete, safe and sound. Can I set her down in the turf? Uploading vids to laptop now.
I am glad you gave it a try..You will enjoy it and the gimbal s probably tougher than you think.I land mine in grass no problem.Enjoy

sar104 I worked out how to get what I was looking for .It probably uses the same data as your street view so may not be any more accurate but it does give another perspective .You can also fly the path in 3D which you probably know .

Attachments

• 3D 1.png
    3D 1.png
    1 MB · Views: 312
  • 3D 2.png
    3D 2.png
    839.1 KB · Views: 366
sar104 I worked out how to get what I was looking for .It probably uses the same data as your street view so may not be any more accurate but it does give another perspective .You can also fly the path in 3D which you probably know .

Very nice - that looks signicantly more accurate than Google's street view implementation. What did you use to generate it, and did it reveal any other likely areas?

Once you convert and import the recreated litchi file its just about the settings in GE I'd like to make it sound more complicated but that's it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94