I Lost my P4P

I do have the partial..However, Our friend at the last waypoint waved to the Drone and watch it turn around and head back so that initial bit of first data really wound be relevant. Would it?

This log ends where the drone probably crashed and lost signal. You should analyse them with the link I gave you since this likely will show where the wreck is.

If all you did was fly over those trees and bushes, you are never going to find it. You need to do a lot of bushwhacking!

Reactions: Duchunter
Just awesome..I am going to charge up my new Mavic and when it's ready, I will head to that spot..I know exactly where that is and looked there this morning briefly.

Here's a little video that might explain. I think most people get it but I understand what you're saying.. I understand why you're confused but most people get it now..

I'm confused about something.

If you flew and saved a fight plan, there really should not be a problem. I would be inclined to believe that you uploaded the wrong flight plan or made some changes to the working flight plan. Also, did you start with a fully charged or sufficient battery to complete the plan?

Written before I reloaded and saw video.

Last edited:
I'm confused about something.

If you flew and saved a fight plan, there really should not be a problem. I would be inclined to believe that you uploaded the wrong flight plan or made some changes to the working flight plan. Also, did you start with a fully charged or sufficient battery to complete the plan?

Written before I reloaded and saw video.

Hey Paul no problem. I uploaded the plan on the fly to the drone after it told me I couldn't just use 2 waypoints..yep battery was totally sufficient to complete the mission as I had fun on this mission before at a higher altitude and still had 58% battery upon return.

FYI, uploading on the fly using Litchi is not a problem. However, I'm not sure about making changes or uploading a second program while in the air.

I would think that if you canceled the first program, uploaded the second program, and then told it to execute, it should go to the first way point and begin the rest of the program.

FYI, uploading on the fly using Litchi is not a problem. However, I'm not sure about making changes or uploading a second program while in the air.

I would think that if you canceled the first program, uploaded the second program, and then told it to execute, it should go to the first way point and begin the rest of the program.

It wood not execute the first program so I updated it and then it said program executed and upload successful. And then it took off on its way.. don't think anything was wrong with the program I think the problem with the programmer. I just put that third waypoint way too low and the bird went down somewhere..

Now there is one other possibility. I had just installed four new props. Four new master airscrews..I have to say I was a little worried about the attachment of these but I think I put them on right and I have a couple successful flights before this one so I doubt it. But you never know

Are these props non-self tightening? If so, you might look around the area of the waypoint after the last one you know it was seen. If the that waypoint required the drone to airbrake, it might've caused a prop to come loose so that it would've been useless for flight. Just a thought.

Reactions: eeire54
Are these props non-self tightening? If so, you might look around the area of the waypoint after the last one you know it was seen. If the that waypoint required the drone to airbrake, it might've caused a prop to come loose so that it would've been useless for flight. Just a thought.

It is a P4, so it won't be using threaded props.

It is a P4, so it won't be using threaded props.

They were indeed threaded...I removed the quick connect and that's what Master Screw requires..Self tightening, I have no idea..They seemed to work great..Very quite for P4P props..

They were indeed threaded...I removed the quick connect and that's what Master Screw requires..Self tightening, I have no idea..They seemed to work great..Very quite for P4P props..

That sounds like a rather retrograde move. But you think they are actually quieter?

I have been mucking around with GE (all a learning process for me) and have come up with this .The black line being the approximate line of flight above the surface profile .I just used the scale at the side to approximate the slope of the flight.
As Pelio64270 mentioned your actual take off point (elevation) is important.

The hill in the industrial area does not show up well in the profile and I can get a 333m elevation by running the mouse over it (higher than I can get by moving the path slightly .
Your Litchi path seems to cross the hill to one side of the highest point but looking at your phone video there seems to be a large dead tree on that side .
I marked a piece of paper with an approximate 30m (tree height?) and moved it along the profile .
All a guess and I'm sure there is a more sophisticated way to do it .Hope it helps.

I can't load a mission while in the air (might be an android thing) that's what confused my initaly.

Attachments

• Us (a)1.png
    Us (a)1.png
    929.3 KB · Views: 430
That sounds like a rather retrograde move. But you think they are actually quieter?

Thanks..I do and they seemed to handle the Drone better. I really don't think it was a prop issue...They were nice Glass composite blades and were perfectly balanced..

I have been mucking around with GE (all a learning process for me) and have come up with this .The black line being the approximate line of flight above the surface profile .I just used the scale at the side to approximate the slope of the flight.
As Pelio64270 mentioned your actual take off point (elevation) is important.

The hill in the industrial area does not show up well in the profile and I can get a 333m elevation by running the mouse over it (higher than I can get by moving the path slightly .
Your Litchi path seems to cross the hill to one side of the highest point but looking at your phone video there seems to be a large dead tree on that side .
I marked a piece of paper with an approximate 30m (tree height?) and moved it along the profile .
All a guess and I'm sure there is a more sophisticated way to do it .Hope it helps.

I can't load a mission while in the air (might be an android thing) that's what confused my initaly.

So by your calculations, it should have made it home? I have som Videos of the area with the island and pipe yard coming Soon..

Well not really. If I add 30m to the profile for trees it looks a bit different .Would the trees be 90 odd feet high on average ?
Can you get an elevation at your take off point ie your house from GE ?

Attachments

• Us (b) 2.png
    Us (b) 2.png
    669 KB · Views: 362
So by your calculations, it should have made it home? I have som Videos of the area with the island and pipe yard coming Soon..

Hello, I still did not understand fom where exactly you launched your aircraft for this last fatal mission. Was it from what is said "waypoint 3" in your first screenshot, message 1, or either from what is said waypoint 1 or an other place ?
If it was at waypoint 3, how did you fly from waypoint 3 to the vicinity of waypoint 1 in order to start the mission ? As far as I know Litchi, the app refuses to start a mission when home point is too far away from the first waypoint of the mission. Here, waypoint 1 was distant about 2km (6600 feet) from waypoint 3..!

And why didn't you upload the fight data here :
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
For sure they are still in your device if you didn't reset it since this flight.
Without these elements, we can only speculate on what happened.

Well not really. If I add 30m to the profile for trees it looks a bit different .Would the trees be 90 odd feet high on average ?
Can you get an elevation at your take off point ie your house from GE ?

Here is a Video of the area between Waypoint 2 and 3 that I shot yesterday from my new Mavic...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak