I Lost my P4P

I did this first with Litchi hub taking into account terrain elevation changes along the path at given waypoints, then export a csv file that I transformed into kml file fort import in Google Earth. Altitudes are in meters but they translate faithfully your altitudes in feet at waypoints.

I must say that that the location where your drone could encounter an obstacle much depends on your take-off point since waypoint 1 of your path is located around 4m (12 feet) below waypoint 3. Thus if you took off from waypoint 1 and not from around waypoint 3, your actual altitude above the ground becomes 183-43=140 feet at waypoint 2 which elevation is 43 feet above waypoint 1; and only 38-12=26 feet at waypoint 3 !
But I assumed that you took off in the vicinity of waypoint 3 of your pic, that's why I have inverted the rank of waypoints in order to take the terrain elevation of this waypoints 3 as a reference for the other two. Waypoint 3 thus becomes waypoint 1.

Mission Hub - Litchi

As such I obtain these two figures in Google Earth :

View attachment 82936 View attachment 82937

The second one is the street view from the location of my green pin named "Repere".
Your altitude above ground should have been around 25/27m at this place.
If I am right, you can have wrecked in a tree at one side of the other of this highway (maybe just before crossing it, I don't know how is the landscape further).
I would personnaly begin my investigations around this place.

Good luck, anyway !

Just awesome..I am going to charge up my new Mavic and when it's ready, I will head to that spot..I know exactly where that is and looked there this morning briefly.

I'm not sure but I think they cover it either way as long as you have the flight log. It may be an issue since you were using litchi and not the go app. If you find it or get another one make sure you know how to use "find my drone". Trying to figure out how to use it after you lost your quad is just a bad idea. Also, you need to be looking for it immediately. Once the battery dies its going to be much harder to find. All you have to do is get close enough to reconnect to the rc and it will show you where its at from there but it is absolutely imperative that you connect before it shuts down. I had my wife hide my p4 in the neighborhood so I could practise tracking it down. Like I said, learning how to find it after its lost is the wrong way to go about it. Once you know how to find it you can fly secure in the fact that you know how to find it...............Glide slope= angle of decent from higher altitude to a lower altitude. For instance, most airports have what's called an ILS. Its uses a beacon for determining the precise glide slope to the runway required for safe landing. It will tell you if you are off of the proper glide slope. Its basically an imaginary line that the plane follows all the way to the runway.
DJI refresh requires that you recover and present the AC for assesment. In addition DJI will not accept litchi or other 3rd party flight logs for analysis.

Just awesome..I am going to charge up my new Mavic and when it's ready, I will head to that spot..I know exactly where that is and looked there this morning briefly.

Try to perform a Litchi mission following the same path, but after changing altitudes for a while and adding 5/6 waypoints along the path :)

And the best is to go there first by feet, if you can...

That helps but pisses me off..If I wanted the bird to do anything different between the two waypoints I would have told it to by adding another waypoint. That's why she went down..jezzz...

Thanks buddy..I am looking for the real flight data and will post asap..
The third waypoint was required due to constraints within the DJI SDK, max distance between any two waypoints is 2000m.

The flight data should be easy to retrieve, you could even open an account with airdata and enter your unique user token to litchi, the logs can be uploaded automatically.

Unfortunately this is ALWAYS the risk when you fly without VLOS. You arent there to save it in the nick of time.

Try to perform a Litchi mission following the same path, but after changing altitudes for a while and adding 5/6 waypoints along the path :)

And the best is to go there first by feet, if you can...

I know now..That's a hard lesson guys..I have looked everywhere and it's just lost. Of course, we haven't discussed the possibility that someone saw it hit the trees and picked it up.

That leads me to a new question. Since this drone is registered to me, can I ask DJI to freeze it somehow? Lock out the MAC or notify me if it's ever used?

I would think if nothing else, check back to find my drone and maybe the "finder" turned it on at home for a bit and left a footprint? Im not sure how it works, just speculating.

I know now..That's a hard lesson guys..I have looked everywhere and it's just lost. Of course, we haven't discussed the possibility that someone saw it hit the trees and picked it up.

That leads me to a new question. Since this drone is registered to me, can I ask DJI to freeze it somehow? Lock out the MAC or notify me if it's ever used?
Have heard claims on this forum and elsewhere that DJI can advise a registered owner if someone else tried to get it registered. Never seen evidence if this- have seen it suggested that they (DJI) aren't real responsive or helpful in this regard.

DJI refresh requires that you recover and present the AC for assesment. In addition DJI will not accept litchi or other 3rd party flight logs for analysis.

Well, I looked everywhere. I even bought a new Mavic to help with the Hunt. (some pics of the area below)..
144ca208079b6ec6664b91c8b18de246.jpg
fd3b6efe2831340724d98173e3e71cee.jpg
dca294d1dee77e38c0c540eaefd07252.jpg
1198872e7156955d926bbe7d663e8763.jpg
u
04fc4bffe293e5d76edb542094ff1279.jpg
5c559b87316f079834fcdc0e5c8e6b88.jpg
35fcee92398b379ab7e076345fbbe6d8.jpg
c9837154897933d42144c4fc40ced53c.jpg
542ac1a3fc87bb4978ff335ce9be52b0.jpg

Unfortunately this is ALWAYS the risk when you fly without VLOS. You arent there to save it in the nick of time.

I will never fly out of sight again without a REAL BEACON. Any suggestions for the smallest most reliable one to buy..

Thanks again to everyone who helped toady!

I will never fly out of sight again without a REAL BEACON. Any suggestions for the smallest most reliable one to buy..

Thanks again to everyone who helped toady!
I have the Trackimo. I had some glitches getting it activated, but since it has been reliable. The only downside is that there needs to be GSM cell phone coverage in the are for it to report its position. If most of your flying is in areas with cell service, it'll work well.

Silly question but why do people pay $$$$+£££££ for a drone and not purchase a GPS tracker for as little as £23 + £5 pay as ya goes SIM card?. I have a RF V16 and it has located my drone on 2 occasions which were both my fault entirely. The main one was it came down in heather and I could not see it at all so I rang it, low and behold it was 3 feet away!.

You can recover the flight log from your device (a csv file if you flew with Litchi).
Please upload it there :

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

...and share the result. This can help to locate more precisely where your drone is...

It's kinda hard to explain but here's the deal...I can't find the log as it was never saved for some reason. Here is how it went down. Maybe you tell me where I can find it.

1. I'm sitting on the deck creating a mission to fly to friend house. I make one using the proper waypoints and execute the flight. It was successful.

2. My wife wants me to fly back over to take a picture of our friend house.

3. I decide to get closer this time so I launch the drone and create the mission while it's hovering.I use 2 waypoints first and Litchi says that I need to use at least 3. This (2) Waypoint mission WAS saved, but was not the one that was flown due to having to add another waypoint.

4. I hastily add another waypoint (3) near the take off point but fail to check its height.(my fault)

5. I hit the play button and the mission uploads to the hovering drone and off it goes. It was not saved with new Waypoint but it was successfully "uploaded".

When I look in Litchi for the data, It only has the two waypoint mission saved. Not my hastily crested "3 Waypoint one..I hope that makes sense.

It's kinda hard to explain but here's the deal...I can't find the log as it was never saved for some reason. Here is how it went down. Maybe you tell me where I can find it.

1. I'm sitting on the deck creating a mission to fly to friend house. I make one using the proper waypoints and execute the flight. It was successful.

2. My wife wants me to fly back over to take a picture of our friend house.

3. I decide to get closer this time so I launch the drone and create the mission while it's hovering.I use 2 waypoints first and Litchi says that I need to use at least 3. This (2) Waypoint mission WAS saved, but was not the one that was flown due to having to add another waypoint.

4. I hastily add another waypoint (3) near the take off point but fail to check its height.(my fault)

5. I hit the play button and the mission uploads to the hovering drone and off it goes. It was not saved with new Waypoint but it was successfully "uploaded".

When I look in Litchi for the data, It only has the two waypoint mission saved. Not my hastily crested "3 Waypoint one..I hope that makes sense.
Makes perfect sense.

While it won't be a complete record obviously as it will end where connection was lost you will have a partial log file for the flight. Search for the LitchiiApp/flightogs folder on yiur device. There should be a log for the flight.

Makes perfect sense.

While it won't be a complete record obviously as it will end where connection was lost you will have a partial log file for the flight. Search for the LitchiiApp/flightogs folder on yiur device. There should be a log for the flight.

I do have the partial..However, Our friend at the last waypoint waved to the Drone and watch it turn around and head back so that initial bit of first data really wound be relevant. Would it?

I do have the partial..However, Our friend at the last waypoint waved to the Drone and watch it turn around and head back so that initial bit of first data really wound be relevant. Would it?
No, probably not. Unless you got a restored connection at some point on the return leg.

Sorry but I don't understand well what your are explaining.

If using an Android device you should find the logs in the folder"LitchiApp/flightlogs" of your device. They are recorded automatically for every flight.
If you use IOS, this is the same but I don't know the folder.

- In what "deck" were you sitting ?
- From where did you take off in the first mission ? Close to what is your waypoint 1 in your screenshot or also from the waypoint 3 location ?
- From where did you "launch" your drone in the second occurrence ? I am surprised it could be close to waypoint 3 since the distance from there to waypoint 1 is huge. If so, did you upload the mission around waypoint 3, then fly manually close to waypoint 1 (your riend's house) and finally start the mission when your AC was in the vicinity of this location (waypoint 1) ?
- If you first fly manually from waypoint 3 (take off location) to waypoint 1 location (your friend's home) what was the mission used for . Only return path ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94