I have seen contradictory reports that the new DJI goggles do / don't work with the Phantom 3 adv...

Reaction score
Could anyone confirm either for Me. And if they don't, any recommendations for fpv experience using Phantom 3 adv ?

You will be able to use them (without head tracking) if you have the HDMI output module installed on your remote controller. You could also fly with a mobile device that has an HDMI output (like the Nvidia Shield K1).

Last edited:
Reactions: blomdido
Thanks msinger. I have since done more research, which suggests It isn't possible. But I'm hoping Your right. You have always been of much help on this forum to everyone. So I definately believe You. I'm really excited about these goggles, and would like to find out more about the possibility of of using a set.
I think I have an hdmi port on controller. I have uploaded a photo. Please tell Me it is. [emoji16]
7b47a2f0fd48eff66e42c198d728dcfe.jpg

I assume it may be port on left. But I just managed to slide in normal USB plug. Gutted !

Last edited:
Blomdido, that picture of yours is a regular controller with NO HDMI port. Just the full and mini USB ports.
The HDMI module will add a CAN and a HDMI port.
The DJI goggles with work with ANY HDMI input including Phantoms and Inspire drone, only the Mavic works wirelessly.
How well a specific HDMI input works with the goggles might vary a little (interlaced 3D won't give you 3D but side by side will, input might be wrong aspect ratio etc) but all HDMI video inputs will work.

Thanks for that msinger. I'm well chuffed. Going to look into it. [emoji106][emoji16]

Not sure about all of the above as I don't have them but I was looking in to getting some fat sharks and the HDMI module. It seems that the Phantom 3 Advanced has a slower transfer rate than the Phantom 3 Professional - or so I've read.

Not sure if this will affect the DJI Goggles.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl