I got the 5.8 transmitter.

phaz said:
I am in glendale az. The tilt dial would not control the camera but tech support walked me through it. You need to go into the app on phone or tablet and go to settings and re-bind the camera by scanning the qr code on the pv2 + and it works great.
phaz

Oh no! .............I have my QR Code covered with velcro for my flytrex Live.

jaywoodz said:
I got the new remote too.. paired fine.. but the camera tilt doesn't work.. and when I go to cut off the UVA but pressing in and towards the middle like you always do when you cut it off.. that thing goes crazy, cut my foot when it started coming at me.. I guess the safest way to turn it off is just to put the left stick straight down. Anyone else having any of my issues?

Yes, just hold the throttle down all the way for a few seconds to shut off the motor. Using the CSC to shut off the motors after landing has always been problematic.

-- Roger

Damon said:
I suspect DJI pushed a product prior to having the software ready. I will bet a new RC Assistant will hit the site soon, allowing for proper firmware based on old and upgrade remote.

By chance do you remember the original firmware numbers on the RC before the upgrade?

No, I do not. It was different, I just don't recall.

I suspect the new controller firmware numbers are lower than the current firmware numbers on old controllers. Hence hooking up new remote to old RC Assistant software, made the software think a newer version of firmware was available for it.

I'm assuming it was an automatic update that popped up when running the RC Assistant...

Damon said:
I suspect the new controller firmware numbers are lower than the current firmware numbers on old controllers. Hence hooking up new remote to old RC Assistant software, made the software think a newer version of firmware was available for it.

I'm assuming it was an automatic update that popped up when running the RC Assistant...

I believe so, yes. I can post a picture of what pops up when I get home.

I meant to say new controllers firmware numbers "were" lower initially. They probably are exactly same firmware version as older remotes now...which is not a good thing obviously.

It would be nice if someone that has new remote hooked up to RC assistant and clicked cancel on the update. Just to look at the factory firmware version numbers of the remote. This would confirm my theory.

But on the flip side I don't want to have another user screw their new remote because of DJI's stupidity.

Got a new controller today.
Paired it. Very erratic behavior.
Camera tilt worked, then it would not.
Left stick moved right and left causes some gimbal movement right and left.
Everything updated and appears normal in the assistant.
Back to the old controller for the time being.

cdusher said:
Got a new controller today.
Paired it. Very erratic behavior.
Camera tilt worked, then it would not.
Left stick moved right and left causes some gimbal movement right and left.
Everything updated and appears normal in the assistant.
Back to the old controller for the time being.

I had the same issue, I reflashed everything, then it worked. I still can't get the LEDs to show up. Are yours?

Did you hook the Phantom up to Phantom Assistant software and do the calibrations in the RC tab? After binding them of course. This is necessary to get the Phantom to understand the full range of the RC tx controls including sticks,S1S2and X1 toggle and lever.

Do not hook up the RC up to RC Assistant 1.1 and do a firmware "upgrade" or you will lose the LEDs on controller. Like what happened to Jaywoodz.

I was just gonna say that...dirtybird...send DJI info so they know. I'll bind and update new tx tonight. Keep you guys posted. And if I run into any issue I'll be certain to report...
I just got mine today. I shouldve waited!!

I just got mine its sitting in a box. Have not done any of the recent firmware updates. I think until someone publishes a sequence of steps for the upgrade that is confirmed to work, its staying in the box.

Bigdz said:
I was just gonna say that...dirtybird...send DJI info so they know. I'll bind and update new tx tonight. Keep you guys posted. And if I run into any issue I'll be certain to report...
I just got mine today. I shouldve waited!!

Yes, please share your findings! Also, if you can note the firmware version before updating your RC!

Jaywoods, will do!

Bigdz said:
Jaywoods, will do!
Do not update your remote's firmware! If you connect it to the RC Assistant 1.1 and the update splash screen comes up cancel it. (Hopefully its not automatic and you can cancel)

Once the splash screen has been cancelled click on the "I" button to get the screen that shows the factory firmware version. Screen shot and post that here please.

If your able to bypass the firmware update, You should still be able to do all the needed calibrations to the remote prior to hooking up Phantom in Phantom Assistant and pushing the remote's figures to the Phantom's RC calibration page.

Good luck.

Damon said:
Bigdz said:
Jaywoods, will do!
Do not update your remote's firmware! If you connect it to the RC Assistant 1.1 and the update splash screen comes up cancel it. (Hopefully its not automatic and you can cancel)

Once the splash screen has been cancelled click on the "I" button to get the screen that shows the factory firmware version. Screen shot and post that here please.

If your able to bypass the firmware update, You should still be able to do all the needed calibrations to the remote prior to hooking up Phantom in Phantom Assistant and pushing the remote's figures to the Phantom's RC calibration page.

Good luck.

Agreed, +1. Don't update the remote at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl