I got the 5.8 transmitter.

promocop said:
Then what fouled upgrade is everyone worried about?
New style "Upgrade" RC controllers should not be flashed with firmware using the one and only RC Assistant 1.1

It will push firmware for the older style controllers onto the new controller killing the battery level LEDs.

But do we have to hook this up to the controller to calibrate it ? I'm confused now. Shouldnt be this much of a pain in the ***.

Mori55 said:
But do we have to hook this up to the controller to calibrate it ? I'm confused now. Shouldnt be this much of a pain in the ***.

Yes, you still need to calibrate. I agree, 100%, that it shouldn't be this big of a pain in the ***. I have no LEDs and I'm just waiting for DJI to fix it, if they ever.

I sent an email to DJI and this is there response:

Blair.Tang (DJI)
Nov 04 16:29

Hello Coachal...,
Thanks for contacting DJI.

If you want to control the gimbal by the switch on the controller, you can try to update the firmwares in the phantom assistant software.
But for the controller firmware, you can choose to not upgrade for the moment.
Please pay close attention to our official websites.

Best regards
Blair

I'm assuming there will be an update soon for the new tx

Is there a new tx update

Who is going to be the first guy with old remote to use new software for RC. Hope DJI made it backwards compatible!

Or there plan is to destroy old remotes with new firmware to generate sales ;)

Note: that appears to be just the version of 5.8 remote. No RC Assistant changes on that page...

Mori55 said:
If I understand Damon correctly, he is saying to bind the new TX to the receiver, and then use the Phantom assistant software calibrate the sticks, and do not use the RC assistant software as it will push an upgrade that will screw up the new TX, or the LED lights at least. Then wait for the new update to the RC assistant from DJI. That is how i understand it, and mine should be waiting for me at home when i return on Thursday

Correct jet lag. I unfortunately use my phone to post using qwerty keyboard.

So brevity is a must ;)

Why would they be shipping the NEW transmitter knowing that the OLD RC software doesn't work????

promocop said:
Why would they be shipping the NEW transmitter knowing that the OLD RC software doesn't work????

That's the question we've been wondering too. I'm just slowly waiting for a response from DJI, but nothing yet. I sent an email to them on Saturday.

Well, when and IF you get a response, i'm sure you'l post it here. Lame DJI

promocop said:
Well, when and IF you get a response, i'm sure you'l post it here. Lame DJI

Yes, I will post their response if received, and also post any other updates pertaining to my controller fix. I'm hoping it gets resolved soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj