I crashed:( and now have problem ith gimble, help apreciated.

You quoted from my post that said I could be wrong and Apple will do this. Not sure what else your looking for. Apparently Apple will do this. Now I know why my new MacBook Pro is so expensive! :D

Reactions: flpholt
You quoted from my post that said I could be wrong and Apple will do this. Not sure what else your looking for. Apparently Apple will do this. Now I know why my new MacBook Pro is so expensive! :D
Fair enough. I'm happy to pay more for the customer service Apple provides. If every orginzation worked like Apple, it would be a better world. I actually believe that. They are a fantastic company.

So......

He walked over to the shelf, picked out a new one and scanned the code on the box, said id get a new receipt e mailed to me and that was it! Before i walked out, i asked if he would open the returned box to look inside and make sure everything was there. He opened it, glanced through it and said all looks good, i pointed out the small crack on the shell, he looked, looked at me and said `youre good to go` and i left.

... :)

That's great news... I knew Apple had great service, but had no idea they would do that. Now get back out and put that thing in the air... just watch out for the trees.

I think this is a happy ending for your little incidence , and as I told you in my first post just being honest is the key for every happy ending .. Loool

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's exactly what I would do if I couldn't return it.

To the original poster: just take it back to Apple and say it's defective th gimbal shakes. They will exchange it no questions asked. It will then be sent to DJI with all the other defective P4 and then fixed, repackaged, refurbished and put back on a shelf for someone else.

It's not really costing apple or DJI anything, these drones probably only cost $500 to make.

I know it's not the "right" thing to do, but it is a lot of money and if DJI had better service and quality control this would be a lot easier.

If Apple won't accept it, buy another P4 and then swap it out (make sure you return the second "new" box as it has a serial number on the box which they may check. But they won't check on the shell/p4 itself. Just say it doesn't reach the range or the flight battery time and by law they have to take it back because it's not fit for the purpose it was bought for.

No one got rich being honest!
Fraud, yea, great advice.

Stealing? he didn't mention anything about stealing??

Apple are very good, and always go above and bond for their customers. So I believe him, I was 5 days out and they still swapped mine. I even took the SD card and a set of propellers and they didn't even notice!

So as long as you have most of the items in the case you can probably keep a few for spares... next time ill try taking the battery as a spare :)
Next time you go out to dinner, take the silverware home, they probably won't notice.

Next time you go out to dinner, take the silverware home, they probably won't notice.

Can I just say I don't condone any of this - this was more of a joke in jest.... honestly if your thinking this is good advice then I apologize,People should have more integrity to know what is right and wrong.

In all honesty apple is really helpful and as the original poster has found out will help you out.

All is well that ends well.

Can I just say I don't condone any of this - this was more of a joke in jest.... honestly if your thinking this is good advice then I apologize,People should have more integrity to know what is right and wrong.

In all honesty apple is really helpful and as the original poster has found out will help you out.

All is well that ends well.
Trust me, I was never thinking this was good advice. Honestly.

So back on topic!

I took the new phantom 4 out tonight for 40 minutes, but not before buying DJI Car online! lol Its strange but I'm pretty sire there was something seriously wrong with the other one, before i crashed it, the new one handles amazing, its stable and very responsive, unlike the other one which i noticed would tend to drift several feet while hovering without any wind' Anyway, im happy with what i did with it tonight and feel a lot more confident in using it :)

This was the first picture i took with it, Its kinda hard to find an wide open space here in Northern VA but the parking lot i fly in for practice is decent:)

2uf614h.jpg

have you done a range test yet to see what you are getting

So back on topic!

I took the new phantom 4 out tonight for 40 minutes, but not before buying DJI Car online! lol Its strange but I'm pretty sire there was something seriously wrong with the other one, before i crashed it, the new one handles amazing, its stable and very responsive, unlike the other one which i noticed would tend to drift several feet while hovering without any wind' Anyway, im happy with what i did with it tonight and feel a lot more confident in using it :)

This was the first picture i took with it, Its kinda hard to find an wide open space here in Northern VA but the parking lot i fly in for practice is decent:)

2uf614h.jpg
Good, I'm glad it all worked out for you.. Enjoy!!

Please fellas, can we stop the arguing. Lets just move on from this but please, no more of the bickering. It's happening far to often lately so all the staff have been instructed to get tougher on it. We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate discourtesy or disrespect.

Reactions: dirkclod
vous tout degaje; kenbe

So back on topic!

2uf614h.jpg
This makes me VERY HAPPY!!!

Not sure why but I love this. Nice nice nice!!!!

Please fellas, can we stop the arguing. Lets just move on from this but please, no more of the bickering. It's happening far to often lately so all the staff have been instructed to get tougher on it. We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate discourtesy or disrespect.
The best thing about this thread is I learned a new word, discourtesy. :) thanks TJ!

There is another thread about integrity that for some posters here would do well to read. Fcat sorry about your crash and I am glad you got your wings back so soon. Fly safe!

Last edited:
Reactions: Myetkt
I can't believe the level of dishonesty being suggested here, if you screw up by flying as a beginner into a tree, then just bite the bullet and pay for the repair, we all know the the crash avoidance can't solve every situation,.

So much for the golden rule.( I know the millenials won't have a clue about the golden rule, I was just watching a reporter on Fox News who was showing different pictures of famous people like Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, Marilyn Monroe, Frank Sinatra, and Martin Luther King and most of them didn't have a clue who they were.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Myetkt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl