I crashed:( and now have problem ith gimble, help apreciated.

well stick it in sport mode then let the 8 year old drive it around if it doesn't have a learning curve they shouldn't crash then right ?
Man I gotta say, I've put mine in sport mode, and went top speed ONCE! It's a whole different animal, and when they say it needs about 50m cushion for stopping, they're not kidding!! I know the racers fly at twice these speeds, but for me, sport mode is scary, and I am an experienced RC pilot! I baby the controls in sport mode, maybe I don't have to, but she's fast and I'd love to see a video of someone who is proficient with multi rotors put a P4 thru its paces in sport.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So my 3rd or 4th flight out and i hit a small tree, drone dropped maybe 5 ft onto the floor, have a small crack in the casing. Took it somewhere else a little bit more open and sent her up again. However the camera is shaking from side to side, everything works ok it just wobbles from side to side, if i hover then the camera settles down , kinda hard to explain. When i figure out how to upload videos etc i will post a link.

Edit:
SkyPixel

I'm guessing I'm gonna have to send it in to be repaired, whats the process for doing this ? its 2 weeks old tomorrow and i bought it from the apple store. Will they accept it back ?
I made the mistake of flying my in the wind that was a little to strong and it also went into a tree! mine fell about 15 ft but I was luckey I only had minor damage. a little tweaking and good as new. A friend of mine was not as lucky he fell around 60 to 80 ft and messed up pretty good! Cracked the shell gimgal case and bent the shaft where camera connects. your best bet would be to call DJI and they will send you a return label for free shipping and they will fix it. I'm sure it wont be cheap. if you have time look on ebay and or google those parts and you will see they are not cheap. but buyer be where some of those description on parts are not always accurate and if you don't do your research on them you could end up with the same messed up parts you already have! As far as those guys that criticize you and say get a cheaper one to learn on well I say forget that if you have the money to buy it you can find the money to fix it. those cheap ones are a waist of money and not near as much fun to fly as the Phantom!!
Good Luck and remember its just about having fun with your bird!

So my 3rd or 4th flight out and i hit a small tree, drone dropped maybe 5 ft onto the floor, have a small crack in the casing. Took it somewhere else a little bit more open and sent her up again. However the camera is shaking from side to side, everything works ok it just wobbles from side to side, if i hover then the camera settles down , kinda hard to explain. When i figure out how to upload videos etc i will post a link.

Edit:
SkyPixel

I'm guessing I'm gonna have to send it in to be repaired, whats the process for doing this ? its 2 weeks old tomorrow and i bought it from the apple store. Will they accept it back ?
Well I hit a tree and put a dent in the camera,but everything is fine.theres a waves in the camera while taking pictures

Bummer man... I haven't been on this forum very long, but this seems to be the kind of "help" you can expect around here. From what I've seen it is mostly high post count folks either complaining about the legalities of how you are flying, or making unhelpful and derogatory comments.

Agreed. As a new pilot, I've been reluctant to post because of this.

I too crashed mine back in January. I broke the Gimbal arm and ribbon. I replace both but used an aftermarket ribbon. The gimbal did nothing. I purchased a ribbon from DJI and replaced again. Now the gimbal moves but bounces back and forth, not its normal calibration. It has been sitting in the closet since February. I haven't decided what I am going to do with it. I had thought about sending it to DJI for repair. But not feeling good about the original purchase and don't want to dump any more money in it. This was one of those things that I saw, I wanted, I purchased, then said once flying it a few time said Why did I do this? Its cool but $2000 cool. I am not feeling it.

buy a cheap drone learn how to fly before you go and waist money on something over your head
Although these wouldn't be the words I would choose, this is basically good advice for the OP, however the tone of the post is unsympathetic. Crashing that early with a P4 implies a skill level that may need attention before flying the P4 again. The P4 is an extremely easy craft to fly, however that doesn't mean that anyone can fly it competently, and safely. It could be an expensive training period using only a P4 to learn, so learning to fly with an inexpensive drone for less than $100 is good advice. Cheaper drones for training usually don't incorporate GPS, so flying ATTI is what you'll learn, which is a good thing. Yes, flying trainers in ATTI is more difficult to fly, that's the point. Once you learn how to fly craft in ATTI, along with throttle control for elevation, the risk of flying a P4 will be very low, and that's what you want when flying a $1400 bird. When flying cheap trainers YOU WILL crash a lot, that's the goal. Crashing all the time will humble you, and it will be fun. When you learn to fly without crashing, you'll feel a sense of accomplishment, ready to graduate to more expensive craft. I fly a Blade Inductrix indoors all the time to hone my skills, and play with the cats and dog. It's almost indestructible, and safe, but for indoors only, a palm sized craft. The Dromida Omnius is a good outdoor trainer, very durable. If you master those craft, flying the P4 is a cake walk at that point. The key skill to learn is reverse navigation when the craft is flying toward you and the left/right inputs are reversed. Left makes the craft go right and right makes it go left. You need to get to the point where reverse navigation is wired in your brain to be automatic, depending on the craft orientation. This is exactly how most newbies crash, they get comfortable because the P4 is so easy to fly, and they fly right into an object because they haven't mastered reverse navigation. This can be dangerous by the way, a simple newbie mistake, and unintentional of course, but avoidable with proper training steps.

Last edited:
Reactions: flpholt
my statement might seem harsh that is not how I meant it we are all not correct at times with words just how we speak in real world didn't mean to offend just thought cheap one first would help you out before more expensive one sorry that's what I did before wasting money on mine but I did crash one into the ocean my fault to windy learned the hard way

I have found that sometimes after a crash the little white dampers can split making the camera unsteady. If this is the proplem, replace the dampers and fill them with silicone mastic, this makes the camera ultra steady but the silicone allows for movement

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4