How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

- I guess my app does not work on fw 1.7.9
- From fw 1.7.9 you can only downgrade to 1.6.8 and can no longer to 1.5.7

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is 1.7.9 a beta or final version ?

After trying your 'Simple downgrade' method as per your video - I lost control link of my P3S ... only when I installed 1.7.9 did I get control back again - but I lost video feed same as when I received new.
Maybe 1.7.9 was installed on mine as new ? Maybe is reason I had so much trouble downgrading FW.

Hi guys, I too have made the change magic 5.1 on my P3s 1.6.80 with an increase to 24 dBi and default 20dbi rc limit. The video signal is clean and strong, but now after a good 2.5 km I signal loss. I am in Rome and in CE mode. Before after 1.0 km it had video loss, while not anymore. Using a argtek kit and two windsurfing united on the central 5.8 ghz. I attach a screenshot of my test.
Can I see the RC?

Sent from my D6503 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Attachments

• 20161019_174208.jpg
    20161019_174208.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 446
Reactions: sinxa
Hallo Folks,
is there any known issue with magic power 5.1 mod and latest dji Go Version for iOS. Could i do the update from 2.9.1 to latest Version of the App without Problems or should i stay with 2.9.1.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

1. Download: MagicPowerv5.zip
2. How to check Tx-Power on Phantom 3 Standard/4K
3. For 4K same antenna reflector like p3p/p3a
Hi Papa Tita,
Recently after downgrading my P3S to 1.57 + Magic Power 5.0 , I confirmed that the mod was perfect applied by telnet + iwinfo -> 24 dBm. (but unfortunatelly due to still poor 5.8 Ghz , we just reached short range distance in CE area, first week 400 m, but now 300 m aprox. ). After the mod , for security reasons , we also changed also the default wifi password.

Initially the 1.57 +mod allowed in the go dji app menu to set up max dist > 500 m (we could enter 1000m,...) . with the wifi password changed . (all OK)

But recently, after several weeks flying , we could realised that suddently , without any user upgrade process from the 1.57 ,
1-) the go app menu was suddently limitted again to < 500m (as it was in the 1.68)
2-) and the password reset again to the default 12341234.

And as we started to see some unstable navegation (not smoothly) in the 200m range. We wanted to try temporary to change back to the 1.68 for a while , to check and evaluate about that navigation stability or not . Therefore trying to follow your advise (to not upgrade with the mod) , I tried to reverte stock conditon, but we could not . Then I tried to apply the mod again step 1 and 2 , but the programm just applied the 1 and exit .

Later still from 1,57 I tried to reverte stock condition again , but I could not success. Finally I have upgraded directly to 1,68 , and it was OK , but I reasided that I still have the telnet opened + iwinfo to 17dBm (this is normal , with original condition) .
In next weeks, after evaluating the 1.68, (with the telnet openened) (to see if it solves the navigation unstabiliity in weak signal around 200m) , how can I apply again the Magic power 5.0 mod with the telnet active already ? (I guess that it will not allow me to do step 1 + step 2 ) , any clue about that ?
Thanks.

Hi Papa Tita,
Recently after downgrading my P3S to 1.57 + Magic Power 5.0 , I confirmed that the mod was perfect applied by telnet + iwinfo -> 24 dBm. (but unfortunatelly due to still poor 5.8 Ghz , we just reached short range distance in CE area, first week 400 m, but now 300 m aprox. ). After the mod , for security reasons , we also changed also the default wifi password.

Initially the 1.57 +mod allowed in the go dji app menu to set up max dist > 500 m (we could enter 1000m,...) . with the wifi password changed . (all OK)

But recently, after several weeks flying , we could realised that suddently , without any user upgrade process from the 1.57 ,
1-) the go app menu was suddently limitted again to < 500m (as it was in the 1.68)
2-) and the password reset again to the default 12341234.

And as we started to see some unstable navegation (not smoothly) in the 200m range. We wanted to try temporary to change back to the 1.68 for a while , to check and evaluate about that navigation stability or not . Therefore trying to follow your advise (to not upgrade with the mod) , I tried to reverte stock conditon, but we could not . Then I tried to apply the mod again step 1 and 2 , but the programm just applied the 1 and exit .

Later still from 1,57 I tried to reverte stock condition again , but I could not success. Finally I have upgraded directly to 1,68 , and it was OK , but I reasided that I still have the telnet opened + iwinfo to 17dBm (this is normal , with original condition) .
In next weeks, after evaluating the 1.68, (with the telnet openened) (to see if it solves the navigation unstabiliity in weak signal around 200m) , how can I apply again the Magic power 5.0 mod with the telnet active already ? (I guess that it will not allow me to do step 1 + step 2 ) , any clue about that ?
Thanks.
Thank you for the information.
Can you to try update with the Magic Power v5.1?, no need to "Revert Back", my app will do it.

Im using 1.6.8

Sent from my D6503 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The following step I assume the position of firmware 1.6.8 and have never upgraded to 1.7.XX

1. AC downgrade to 1.5.7
2. Install DJI GO v2.7.0 (I have this apk on drive)
3. Run DJI GO with an active internet connection
4. Turn ON RC and AC
5. Connect phone wifi to RC
6. Wait for notification Update to 1.6.8 and run the update process.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart