How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

I think the best:
Firmware : 1.5.7 & 1.7.9
DJI GO : 2.9.1
Magic : 5.3+

#LOL,#IMO
Have you tried 3.0.1??

Any difference to 2.9.1 in performance? Video and distance?

I'm useing 3.0.1 and no issues so far.

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Dear PapaTita,

First of all, thanks for your contribution, I would like to try your Magic Power application to increase db signal of my Aircraft.

Reading carefully all the information from your posts, I can not confirm if I could try this mod in an aircraft with a firmware version 1.2.4. In a Spanish forum, it was published that only some beta firmwares are not compatible (1.7.0984)

I´ve flown many times the drone with this version and I would rather to remain this than upgrading the firmware to 1.5.7 (your recommended version) suffering the nightmare of having errors during the upgrades or possible incompatibilities in my device.

Do you know if this firmware is supported with your scripts?

Thanks again for your time.

Best Regards

Reactions: osvaldo.17
I used this with my standard, now i bought an advanced, kan i change fom CE to FCC with this? OR do i need to find something else?

Am I correct in the assumption that, being in the UK I am in a CE area, and 500m limit is why I begin to lose signal a fair about? I can however push it up to around 680/700m, wouldn't CE supposedly prevent that?

And finally, I appreciate this mod doesn't allow you to fly further distances, just have a better video feed, but does it essentially unlock FCC Mode?

I used this with my standard, now i bought an advanced, kan i change fom CE to FCC with this? OR do i need to find something else?

There is no commonly known mod for the Advanced. But do you really need it?
Range is much better on Advanced. Even for CE mode, it's pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi all and Papa,
First, thanks for this extraordinary work.
I'am new on this thread, and I have read almost all of the posts, but english is not my mother language, so I have one question...

I (almost) understood what is Magic Power.
But now I see DJIUpdate...that is used to raise Tx-Power 2.4 GHz up to 27 dBm.

Do we have to use both or only MagicPower or only DJIUpdate ?

Thanks !

New remote controller setup, itelite + 5.8g amp. Now waiting until the weather gets better to test it..
I tested today and the result was great.

First flight i tried it out and i was able to go out for about 2.5km. With the second flight i was able to go over 4km away. I decided to return because i did not know how much battery i needed to get back.

Conclusion: Location is everything and i am sure that on the right location i can go over 5km, but then the battery will be the limitation.

Last edited:
Just did this mod and took the Standard out for its first flight with the mod installed, it didn't really seem to help? If anything my video feed seemed to drop out more?

Should I realistically be able to fly 350m with next to no signal drops with the standard? I appreciate a lot of factors will affect the range and video transmission quality. I do live in a residential area with houses either side of my, but I was flying out of my back garden and straight over a golf course which is a couple hundred meters away, as soon as I hit 300m at 120m height, the aircraft drops in and out of connection. I never really lose actual control, the aircraft will say disconnected but I can see the drone move according to my stick input.

I don't know whether this is just normal, or possible faulty craft? I was hoping this mod would help but seemingly not for me.

Has anyone tried the difference between these two setups?

1) Region FCC, 27dbm and channel 13
2) Region BO, 27dbm and channel 11

With FCC setup i got 1600 meters @ 100m altitude and with BO setup I got 1200 meters @ 100m altitude.

What causes BO to be worse than FCC? I'm flying p3-4k with dbs mod(not boosted).

Tested in exactly same environment.

Has anyone tried the difference between these two setups?

1) Region FCC, 27dbm and channel 13
2) Region BO, 27dbm and channel 11

With FCC setup i got 1600 meters @ 100m altitude and with BO setup I got 1200 meters @ 100m altitude.

What causes BO to be worse than FCC? I'm flying p3-4k with dbs mod(not boosted).

Tested in exactly same environment.

I also noticed less video range using the BO region so I now use US region and I don't lock the channel. When I tried channel 13 I noticed no difference in latency or connection so I opted to stick with the software adjusted channel.

I also noticed less video range using the BO region so I now use US region and I don't lock the channel. When I tried channel 13 I noticed no difference in latency or connection so I opted to stick with the software adjusted channel.
If I have understood right.. When you set your region to FCC it also powers 5.8GHz signal to 27dbm?

Or does it set 5.8GHz automatically by your region setting?? CE 14dbm FCC 27dbm?? What dbm is BO?

Where you can set the TX-power it only affects the 2.4GHz video signal?

If I have understood right.. When you set your region to FCC it also powers 5.8GHz signal to 27dbm?

Or does it set 5.8GHz automatically by your region setting?? CE 14dbm FCC 27dbm?? What dbm is BO?

Where you can set the TX-power it only affects the 2.4GHz video signal?

Your 5.8 is set automatically by region, as far as I know this is not adjustable at the moment by and software mods. Changing the 2.4 region to FCC will have no impact on the 5.8 region.

Your 5.8 is set automatically by region, as far as I know this is not adjustable at the moment by and software mods. Changing the 2.4 region to FCC will have no impact on the 5.8 region.
What is the point of region select then??
Example if you choose FCC then it should be 27dbm without setting the txpower in magic?

I believe the region setting in Papa's mod strictly dictates the channels that are used as US and BO use different channels, someone can chime in if I am incorrect here.

FCC mode is 20db and CE is 16db if I remember correctly. Both 2.4 and 5.8
This mode allows that 2.4 to get kicked up a notch to 27 (which is a big difference) form the stock 20db in FCC or the stock 16db in CE.

5.3 sets the link to 24 db default - why not 27db ?

also running WINFO from app gives me a socket error 10061 - connection refused

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor