How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

whether we take notice that DJI put 120m alt on their site?
View attachment 71717
This p3-4k is my first drone and I'm a little bit afraid to take it too high. Max altitude i have flew was 120 meters but the distance was only like 50 meters(panorama shooting). I'm afraid if I fly too high and wind is getting too fast(flyaway).

I have set the RTH altitude to 50 meters, but if I fly in 120 meters and RTH kicks in will it descent to 50 meters and return to home or return to home in 120 meters???

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

i think the 120m are the presets. on a new Phantom always are 120m altitude set as max. but you can always change that, dont think that there is a new limitation at 120m altitude.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Maybe You right, I was thinking the altitude of 120m is the best to get the farthest distance, probably people who knows about the propagation of signals could provide an explanation.

Sorry for the silly question but whats the difference between the 27db updater app and the Magic Power?I cant understand.

I use the first one.Is Magic better?

Sorry for the silly question but whats the difference between the 27db updater app and the Magic Power?I cant understand.

I use the first one.Is Magic better?
Magic power is run on both rc and drone if lost video connection, power in drone is automatically boosted from 24 to 27dbm and video reconnect quickly than in v3.8. You can update to magic power without revert back to ce

Reactions: PapaTita
There is a review for argtek users:

ReviewUserArgtek.png

First of all thanks to PapaTita, Ojcze Nasz, SingLag and Argonaise for the effort! Really interesting work done here :)

@PapaTita, would it be possible to write down the steps to install the scripts manually without the exe (e.g. for people not having a machine with windows)? Also, could you please explain a bit about the coverage command and the rationale behind the various values set by the script?

First of all thanks to PapaTita, Ojcze Nasz, SingLag and Argonaise for the effort! Really interesting work done here :)

@PapaTita, would it be possible to write down the steps to install the scripts manually without the exe (e.g. for people not having a machine with windows)? Also, could you please explain a bit about the coverage command and the rationale behind the various values set by the script?
It's possible because only need two files to put into RC and AC (telnet.sh and watchlog.sh), but after the new firmware (1.7.9) there are restrictions for access via FTP this becomes difficult.

Coverage area is not regulated by the default, since we can reach longer distances (above 1 km) we have to find a way to change coverage value with the existing parameters.

Please help papatita :). A bought a standard drone but not working power magic. There is 1.7.9 firmware .I connect wifi to phantom is o but in the power magic not working anything the 5.3 write to me socket error#10061 connetion refused.

Maybe You right, I was thinking the altitude of 120m is the best to get the farthest distance, probably people who knows about the propagation of signals could provide an explanation.
That notation on their site is simply telling you that those ranges were conducted at that altitude.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Please help papatita :). A bought a standard drone but not working power magic. There is 1.7.9 firmware .I connect wifi to phantom is o but in the power magic not working anything the 5.3 write to me socket error#10061 connetion refused.
Disable Windows Firewall, Antivirus, or any other firewall or security software. Start the program by right-click and "Run as Administrator".

It's possible because only need two files to put into RC and AC (telnet.sh and watchlog.sh), but after the new firmware (1.7.9) there are restrictions for access via FTP this becomes difficult.

Coverage area is not regulated by the default, since we can reach longer distances (above 1 km) we have to find a way to change coverage value with the existing parameters.

Thanks for the explanation. About the restrictions as far as I understand they put the default path to /tmp. Is it enough to know the path of the various scripts? (e.g. Ftp get/put path)

About the scripts, I can see that the script runs in background and uses a system sleep for the check. Wouldn't be the same achieved through a cron job?or is it cron disabled?

I've read through most of this thread and am seeing mixed answers - If I'm in the US with a P3S, will this mod still provide any benefit? Some posts say it's worthless for us US users, and some say it's still beneficial.. What would be the benefit of using this in the US? Better connection, or reconnect when image lost?

Thanks for the explanation. About the restrictions as far as I understand they put the default path to /tmp. Is it enough to know the path of the various scripts? (e.g. Ftp get/put path)

About the scripts, I can see that the script runs in background and uses a system sleep for the check. Wouldn't be the same achieved through a cron job?or is it cron disabled?

I can answer myself to the first question :) Yesterday I finally had time to mess around and yes I confirm that they simply enabled the local_root option of vsftpd to /tmp. I was able to successfully run the telnet service on both the RC and the AC.
Looking around and reading about openwrt I was thinking that a cleaner way would be to actually create an init script (see Init Scripts [OpenWrt Wiki] or How to write a procd init script? [OpenWrt Wiki]). But I'm not sure it would actually start at boot as the rcS is not what openwrt describes (See The Boot Process [OpenWrt Wiki]). In particular the rcS does not run any script linked in /etc/rc.d.

Any thought?

I can answer myself to the first question :) Yesterday I finally had time to mess around and yes I confirm that they simply enabled the local_root option of vsftpd to /tmp. I was able to successfully run the telnet service on both the RC and the AC.
Looking around and reading about openwrt I was thinking that a cleaner way would be to actually create an init script (see Init Scripts [OpenWrt Wiki] or How to write a procd init script? [OpenWrt Wiki]). But I'm not sure it would actually start at boot as the rcS is not what openwrt describes (See The Boot Process [OpenWrt Wiki]). In particular the rcS does not run any script linked in /etc/rc.d.

Any thought?
Okay I consider that you know what you doing and know about openwrt. That needs to be done in RC is:

1. Put djiled.sh into the folder /sbin
(please look the script in line 2, maybe you need to remark the telnet option)
2. Put watchlog.sh into /sbin

For AC:
1. Put djiled.sh into the folder /sbin
2. Put watchlog2.sh into /sbin/watchlog.sh

Good luck.

I've read through most of this thread and am seeing mixed answers - If I'm in the US with a P3S, will this mod still provide any benefit? Some posts say it's worthless for us US users, and some say it's still beneficial.. What would be the benefit of using this in the US? Better connection, or reconnect when image lost?
Yes, maybe better in connection and reconnect when image lost or better in receiving the images in live streaming than stock, because I added some features including adjust the coverage area.

I live in CE area, perhaps you can help give a review do this mod on the FCC area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18