How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

In both cases you still have the 2.4ghz link, although better with magic power. The rth is initiated due to loss of the 5.8ghz control signal which isn't affected by magic power. At that range you need to ensure the antenna are pointed in exactly the right direction, a slight change can give loss of signal and rth.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: J3lle
In both cases you still have the 2.4ghz link, although better with magic power. The rth is initiated due to loss of the 5.8ghz control signal which isn't affected by magic power. At that range you need to ensure the antenna are pointed in exactly the right direction, a slight change can give loss of signal and rth.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

My fault. was a bit stupid there :p

Reactions: Flying Mackerel
I would try setting the power to 27dbm and fly again. Look what changed. If not satisfied change channels and try again. You need to test a little and see what works best for you.
And also, try another place.

I think that your range is not that poor. You still have an 4k what relies on wifi so that aircraft is not ment for long distance flights.
Thanks!

I got to test it in non urban area next.

Dji website says that FCC version of p3-4k should go 1200 meters and CE only 500 meters. I expect to get around 1000 meters with 27dbm and windsurfers in non urban area.. Not too much expected?

I'll try with 27dbm and see how it is working.
Is there a major difference between 24 --> 27dbm??

Is stock FCC tx-power 24 or 27dbm??

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Thanks!

I got to test it in non urban area next.

Dji website says that FCC version of p3-4k should go 1200 meters and CE only 500 meters. I expect to get around 1000 meters with 27dbm and windsurfers in non urban area.. Not too much expected?

I'll try with 27dbm and see how it is working.
Is there a major difference between 24 --> 27dbm??

Is stock FCC tx-power 24 or 27dbm??

Today I tried it and got around 380 meters until RC connection disconnected. Then I took these windsurfers off and tried again in same direction and bam.. Got close to 500 meters until RC down and RTH. Should these windsurfers extend the distance or are these "wrong" ones? Almost everyone says that windsurfers almost double the RC distance??

Did I understand right that these 2 external antennas are for 5.8ghz RC signal and 2.4ghz wifi/video has internal antenna?

20161222_181852.jpg

Hi all!

I tried today again distances between stock antenna, diy windsurfers and "premium" windsurfers. My home is in semi urban area. Altitude was 50 meters and I flew to same direction.

P3-4K
Papatita v5.3 27dbm US(FCC) region Channel 11.

Stock Antenna: 566 meters (RC signal lost/RTH)

DIY windsurfers: 654 meters (RC signal lost/RTH)

Premium windsurfers: 759 meters (RC signal lost/RTH)

So I got almost 200 meters more with these premium windsurfers.. Should I try to increase the altitude to 80 to 100 meters to get more distance?

Thank you papatita for your great work!

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaTita
This is manual too (which one is correct?):
View attachment 71637

I agree PapaTita. Confusing.
I took the screen shot from their webpage.
Your (PapaTitas) screenshot seems to indicate different transmit power from the drone and the RC.

Drone FCC: 27 dBm
Drone CE: 20 dBm
RC FCC: 19 dBm
RC CE: 14 dBm

Very confusing compared to the Specs page DJI website.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Indeed dji-go after homepoint drop to 17 dbm but the script do the loop every 10s to raise to 27 dbm.
Can you try again to check with iwinfo every 10s?

** Assuming you've been through step 2 with success.
The default settings in the magic power are set to 24dbm. Are you saying that if I did the mod with the default setting it would still go to 27dbm? If not, can I do the mod again and change it to 27? Will I get more range with 27dbm?

Thanks

The default settings in the magic power are set to 24dbm. Are you saying that if I did the mod with the default setting it would still go to 27dbm? If not, can I do the mod again and change it to 27? Will I get more range with 27dbm?

Thanks

Yes, according to PapaTita the signal will increase from 24 to 27 if necessary. But there might be a slight signal loss before the switch. So if you want to be sure to have stable signal all the way, for a long distance flight, you may want to go 27 for that flight.
Yes, you will get more range with stable video, but chances are the control signal won't take you further without some kind of enhancer (windsurfer or mod).

Reactions: PapaTita
I read some posts here before and now I'm confused. Is this mod to increase range or video signal? As I understand the 2.4GHz is for the control range and 5.8GHz for video. Is this correct?

Hi all!

I tried today again distances between stock antenna, diy windsurfers and "premium" windsurfers. My home is in semi urban area. Altitude was 50 meters and I flew to same direction.

P3-4K
Papatita v5.3 27dbm US(FCC) region Channel 11.

Stock Antenna: 666 meters (RC signal lost/RTH)

DIY windsurfers: 754 meters (RC signal lost/RTH)

Premium windsurfers: 859 meters (RC signal lost/RTH)

So I got almost 200 meters more with these premium windsurfers.. Should I try to increase the altitude to 80 to 100 meters to get more distance?

Thank you papatita for your great work!

Worth trying increasing the altitude slightly.

Also windsurfer will make the signal more directional hence it's important to have a good, precise angle to the ac.

Have you tried rural areas as well?

Any other sources of interference e.g. Radio masts etc?

Worth trying increasing the altitude slightly.

Also windsurfer will make the signal more directional hence it's important to have a good, precise angle to the ac.

Have you tried rural areas as well?

Any other sources of interference e.g. Radio masts etc?

No radio antennas that I can see. Haven't tested yet at rural area.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing