How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Just did my first test with the mod. Boosted it to 27db(hope this is safe) and I'm impressed!
The video quality and also the range was so much better/longer! Lost connection with the drone, but the video was still rock solid!
Now, how to mod the 5,8ghz signal... ;)

Thanks PapaTita

Make windsurfer, you can download pattern from papas google drive , if need more add 2w booster

Just did my first test with the mod. Boosted it to 27db(hope this is safe) and I'm impressed!
The video quality and also the range was so much better/longer! Lost connection with the drone, but the video was still rock solid!
Now, how to mod the 5,8ghz signal... ;)

Thanks PapaTita

Make windsurfer, you can download pattern from papas google drive , if need more add 2w booster

Yes I have a windsurfer. But this has not helped much.
What about a 2w booster? Can you recommend any? link?
Are there any tutorials how to install the 2w booster?

Today I was about 700 meters away and had full video signal but lost controller signal and RTH kicked in, did someone had the same issue?

2W 5.8GHz WLAN 2-Way Power Amplifier / Wi-Fi Router AP - Silver+Black
booster 2.4 ghz - Free Shipping - DX

Wifimag.ro :: Antenă panel dualband APA-M25

on bird...2.4 ghz at 27 db mean about 1w..is more power....an the signal from antenna is in all directions . Because 5.8 have only 10-15w on bird the big power from 2.4 ghz 1w is like a jammer for 5.8///. If change anntenas on bird - put all directional maybe change the situation and can put big power in 2.4.

Both 2.4 and 5.8 is a microwave ........Microwave - Wikipedia an enginier mabe understand the effect,,,,,,,

Great analize! Now i have understand what you mean.
I try to change the bird antenna with 2 cloverleaf but the signal irradiation was too dependent on bird rotation then too much directional. The only positive was the great signal with bird over my head. With stock bird dipole i have never signal when drone is going to land.
I would like to try with two classic dipole like accesspoint 8db for 2.4 but i dont find it at now. I have mount two male connector on bird. This is an help for me to try more than one antenna type.

Something like this one 2W 5.8GHz WLAN 2-Way Power Amplifier / Wi-Fi Router AP - Silver+Black. First you can start increase range with high gain antannas - argtek and install panel or helical antenna instead center omnidirectional

Your linked amp looks good, but I actually would love to build it into the remote. Found something like this: 2.4G 2W Radio Signal Booster & Antenna & Feeder For DJI Phantom Multirotor TX Extend Range

This looks smaller and I think I could but it into the controller. It would be perfect if I could power it from the same battery as the remote.

EDIT: Started a new topic, to not spam this one: Adding 2W amplifier to the controller, P3S

Last edited:
Today I was about 700 meters away and had full video signal but lost controller signal and RTH kicked in, did someone had the same issue?

Where is the issue? If you lose controller signal than RTH will kick in. It is not a issue, it is a feature!
Please read the manual for further information.

Reactions: JeyTea
Tristan, I had full video signal and none controll signal, not that I lost all the signal.

Yes this is normal. Video signal and controller signal are different signals and their range is also different!
Video signal is 2,4GHZ and controller signal is 5,8GHZ. They do not have to be same range.
What is the problem you had?

My problem is that one was full and the other was none, I never had something like that before and that's why I asked did someone had the same. I dont have proble with RTH.

My problem is that one was full and the other was none, I never had something like that before and that's why I asked did someone had the same. I dont have proble with RTH.

This is fully normal. Again reading the manual will give a lot of new information and answer many questions.

Reactions: JeyTea
OK thanks, before the mod I was loosing both in the same time now only one thats why I asked.

I have Phantom 3 4K version.

I tried it first with stock(ce) settings and max distance with huge video lag was around 150-200 meters.

I checked the stock tx-powers with telnet and just 14dbm?

I installed latest mod(5.3?) with "auto" settings(24dbm) and BO region. Then changed wifi channel to 13 with telnet. I bought windsurfers also.

I'm getting around 400 meters now before the video starts lag and connection disconnects.

I'm living in "semi urban" area and tought I could get more than 400 meters with mod and windsurfers?

How can I make it go futher without these dbs/argtek antennas?? Should I run the mod again with FCC(usa) region and set wifi channel to 11 and tx- power to 27dbm?? I have only windsurfers so no need to limit rc power to 20dbm?

I live in Finland and sorry my bad english :)
Screenshot_20161224-033013.png

20161222_181852.jpg

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I have Phantom 3 4K version.

I tried it first with stock(ce) settings and max distance with huge video lag was around 150-200 meters.

I checked the stock tx-powers with telnet and just 14dbm?

I installed latest mod(5.3?) with "auto" settings(24dbm) and BO region. Then changed wifi channel to 13 with telnet. I bought windsurfers also.

I'm getting around 400 meters now before the video starts lag and connection disconnects.

I'm living in "semi urban" area and tought I could get more than 400 meters with mod and windsurfers?

How can I make it go futher without these dbs/argtek antennas?? Should I run the mod again with FCC(usa) region and set wifi channel to 11 and tx- power to 27dbm?? I have only windsurfers so no need to limit rc power to 20dbm?

I live in Finland and sorry my bad english :)View attachment 71469
View attachment 71470

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I would try setting the power to 27dbm and fly again. Look what changed. If not satisfied change channels and try again. You need to test a little and see what works best for you.
And also, try another place.

I think that your range is not that poor. You still have an 4k what relies on wifi so that aircraft is not ment for long distance flights.

So ive tried it, basic settings, firmware 1.7.9 and recommended settings (24dbm)
Stock 1.7.9:
CCZBTjB.png

(887,9M, yes, stock.)

With Magic:
t5rx3Jm.png

Not really what i expected, so maybe try 27dbm? Not sure if its safe. Someone else who got worse range at 24 dbm?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing