How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Ok, HOUSTON I've a problem. I tried the famous channnel 13, with 27db BO mode. Everything seemed to be fine, patch OK, restart wait then restart the wifi, connect. Take off after 10 sec disconnect. Restart connect after 10 sec disconnect. And I can't connect. There is a connect between AC and RC because I can adjust the camera, but nothing more. So the AC starts at channel 2 and then switch to channel 13. I try to revert, but I can't. ANY IDEA?

Ok It solved. A fast reverse back to stock solved the problem. huhh

Reactions: PapaTita
It's safe, 27 dbm used often for long range test, 24 dbm is my magic number :lol

PapaTita, I am trying to download your latest version of the mod, but I am unable to enter the Google Drive address. Is it offline?

EDIT: Never mind, after a while I was able to get in. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Ok, HOUSTON I've a problem. I tried the famous channnel 13, with 27db BO mode. Everything seemed to be fine, patch OK, restart wait then restart the wifi, connect. Take off after 10 sec disconnect. Restart connect after 10 sec disconnect. And I can't connect. There is a connect between AC and RC because I can adjust the camera, but nothing more. So the AC starts at channel 2 and then switch to channel 13. I try to revert, but I can't. ANY IDEA?
I had same issue... Revert to stock, applied the mod again and everything was back fine.

Reactions: Les Grossman
Maybe your device not support channel 13, you can test first with the telnet command:
watchlog.sh -ch 13

if could (after 20s still stay in 13) then save the configs with:
watchlog.sh -ch 13 save

In Magic v5.3+ there is a new telnet command for Reset to Default Settings:
watchlog.sh -reset

Reactions: Les Grossman
Apologies in advance if this has already been covered, but what's the least-intrusive setting of Magic Power to basically force the P3S to operate in US (FCC) mode, instead of switching to CE mode? I'm not interested in pushing the power beyond standard, but I'd definitely like to have the same range I have here in the US, when I travel to Europe.
Also, is there a way to fully revert back this mod, as if it never happened (for warranty claims, etc)?

Anybody? Pleeeeeease...

"Channels 12 and 13 are illegal in the USA, which is why the first thing most wireless networking boxes do when you set them up is ask what country or region you’re located in. Some sneaky UK-based users living in wireless-congested areas such as large apartment blocks have been known to tell their kit that they live in Japan to allow them to use channel 14"

According to this article on wifi
http://www.alphr.com/realworld/356446/banish-your-wi-fi-woes

Papa Tita any chance of having a Channel 14 option without doing it every time via telnet for UK flyers please?

Reactions: Drone_King
Hi Tirex, As I am still having fundamental poor range (<300m) , finally , I also ordered the same 5.8 Ghz module.
Maybe it will take a few weeks to get it . Once I got it , I hope it will be easy to replace it, without dissasembly any other 2.4Ghz boards. By the way , once replaced , should I revert back to reg CE or I can keep in FCC by Magic Power 5.3 ?
Thanks

Hi Jose,
Can you let us know how you go once you receive it. I'm thinking of getting one.
Cheers,
Patrick

Hi. I made a patch with 5.3 24dbm us mode in ce area near venice.
With argtek i loose rc in 160m and 2.4 always maximun.
With dbs bought last day only 60m and 2.4 to half strenght.
I try to change also the Bird dipole with two 5.8 antenna with more db but with no luck.
What can i do to increase rc range? I try every my possibility

Hi. I made a patch with 5.3 24dbm us mode in ce area near venice.
With argtek i loose rc in 160m and 2.4 always maximun.
With dbs bought last day only 60m and 2.4 to half strenght.
I try to change also the Bird dipole with two 5.8 antenna with more db but with no luck.
What can i do to increase rc range? I try every my possibility
Hello , I have same problem after patch with 5.3 . First time when i buy P3S i fly 500...600m stock antenna( 1.6.8 ).After , i make a windsurf for 5.8 antena.....i fly about 800m.....1200 m . After I replace antenna 5.8 and 2.4 with extender (3 alfa antenna 7 db x 2 and 10 db for 5.8 ghz.After one month i buy a booster for 5.8 and for one 2.4 Ghz..(.because one of 2.4 antenna is for phone ) . With 2 boosters + antenna and replace 1.6.8 with 1.5.7 firmware i fly 2.6 km . After I make a patch with 5.3 ( 27db on bird and 20db on RC boosted)...i fly 1,8......2km . I say f......K what happen? ...I change again 20db on RC an 21db on bird.....surprissed......3.6 km....and maybe 4km.....ehhh goood result......conclusion......IF boost on bird 2.4 too much ...about 25....27db......the signal 5.8 is jammed .(antenna is too close on bird 5.8 and 2.4 .....is not directional....is all directions that f......k antenna litlle jammer. sry for bad english hope understand.

"Channels 12 and 13 are illegal in the USA, which is why the first thing most wireless networking boxes do when you set them up is ask what country or region you’re located in. Some sneaky UK-based users living in wireless-congested areas such as large apartment blocks have been known to tell their kit that they live in Japan to allow them to use channel 14"

According to this article on wifi
http://www.alphr.com/realworld/356446/banish-your-wi-fi-woes

Papa Tita any chance of having a Channel 14 option without doing it every time via telnet for UK flyers please?
Channel 14 operates at the highest end of the Wi-Fi frequency spectrum from 2.4 GHz onwards and is only compatible with equipment designed to work with 802.11b devices. We can't change to channel 14

Reactions: chrislongley
Latest long range test fw 1.7.9 and Magic v5.3+ on rural area: 3783 meter (12400 feet)

ZomboDroid19122016091205.jpg

Reactions: PsiFoX
just curious if you can connect to the wifi.

Hello,
I have p3s Firmware 1.7.9 and DJI Go 3.1.1 IOS
Can I use Magic 5.3 with DJI GO 3.1.1 ios
If not or can find old version DJI GO IOS

Sorry about my bad English

Thank you

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members