HOW TO UPDATE BATTERY FIRMWARE

Reaction score
Just got my Phantom 3 Advance today, and going through the control info telling me to update battery firmware. Newbie here help!!!!

Just got my Phantom 3 Advance today, and going through the control info telling me to update battery firmware. Newbie here help!!!!
Check out YouTube. The best video in my opinion is from drone camps rc. Search dji phantom 3 firmware update complete tutorial. It's about 17 min. Long. I just picked up another new battery and had to watch it again because I couldn't remember how to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using PhantomPilots mobile app

What does battery firmware update mean? Do you do the firmware for the drone or is there a separate update just for the battery

What does battery firmware update mean? Do you do the firmware for the drone or is there a separate update just for the battery
Battery firmware update is a critical part of the rest of the firmware update. If you only have one battery, it will be updated as part of drone update. Additional batteries need to be updated by putting them in the drone, powering it up and the message 'inconsistent firmware' popping up in the go app. Follow the prompts and you're good to go.

It's all the same file data for aircraft, transmitter, and batteries. As for what it means and what it does exactly I don't know. It's not absolutely necessary to update. But I like all my stuff up to date, and I've had no problems in over 20 flights since latest firmware in November.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl