How to turn off smart go home

The ability to turn off Smart RTH has been removed on the P4Pro. This has been verified by DJI in other groups- RCGroups by BladeStrike, for instance.

This essentially prevents any waypoint missions from completion and also halves the flight time.

I suggest going onto DJI support's Facebook page and letting them have it. This is a total crippling of the flying experience, plain and simple. And it was sneaky and not right to do it without even announcing it.

This has been verified by DJI in other groups- RCGroups by BladeStrike, for instance.
He seems to be unaware of why it was changed per his post here.

The ability to turn off Smart RTH has been removed on the P4Pro. This has been verified by DJI in other groups- RCGroups by BladeStrike, for instance.

This essentially prevents any waypoint missions from completion and also halves the flight time.

I suggest going onto DJI support's Facebook page and letting them have it. This is a total crippling of the flying experience, plain and simple. And it was sneaky and not right to do it without even announcing it.
Just went to the DJI Support FB page and they haven't responded to anyone in months?

Just went to the DJI Support FB page and they haven't responded to anyone in months?

They certainly make posts every few hours. I would comment on the issue on one of their posts. That's what I did. I think Tahoe-Ed is the moderator of it and he will read it.

Clearly I can see what the confusion is when people like msinger and Hallmark (on their forums) don't even understand what the problem is in the first place.

It was supposed to be turned OFF not permanently left ON according to that post.
See his previous post where he doesn't seem to know if the change was intentional.

The good news is that he'll be able to get the information and report back.

Just received this back from DJI :

gxcwc.jpg

I still have the "Turn on Smart Return Home" option
That's a different option. The OP is referring to the "Smart Return-to-Home" option that makes the Phantom auto RTH when it detects it only has enough battery power left to make it back to the home point.

Reactions: KingDad1985
That's a different option. The OP is referring to the "Smart Return-to-Home" option that makes the Phantom auto RTH when it detects it only has enough battery power left to make it back to the home point.
Oh ok. I'm assuming this option was under the battery info, but is now gone?

Yes, it was moved to the battery section a few DJI GO versions ago.

I suspect this is a mistake and the Go app is not choosing the option as it has a list of models and available options it uses at the start, could be as simple as a naming mistake, hopefully we will know more soon.

I suspect this is a mistake and the Go app is not choosing the option as it has a list of models and available options it uses at the start, could be as simple as a naming mistake, hopefully we will know more soon.
I definitively believe it was the app update that did it question is by accident or design. I went back three firmwares and it never showed.

I sure hope this Smart Return-To-Home feature has not been removed. I had it kick in on one flight when I had 63% battery left, but by the time it returned to home it only had 30% battery left. The bird was smart enough know that it needed to head back home, despite having 63% battery. But it was not smart enough to wait just a bit longer, so it could use another 10% or 20% battery before returning. All things considered, I was grateful that the system was watching out for me, even though the calculations were a little too conservative.

If there is a DJI policy/safety reason to change the way this feature works (to remove the cancel option, or to remove Smart Return-to-Home altogether), why would DJI choose to apply that policy to only the P4P, and not the other Phantoms? Doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Shammyh

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor