How to turn off smart go home

I hope you also consider also stepping up and writing Schulman about this disaster. The more he hears from, the better.
Brendan knows what he is doing. He knew this would be unpopular among anyone flying beyond LOS, and did it anyway, to limit liability. Telling him you don't like what he did is like telling the thief who just stole your leather jacket out of your convertible that that's your jacket! He already knows that! :cool:

I hope I am wrong, but the first hint was that it was confirmed to be intentional, and not a mistake. Then, we discover that Smart RTH has simultaneously been made much more aggressive, with a continual nag screen every 10 seconds, until you turn around and head straight for home! This blocks the FPV, making composition and obstacle avoidance difficult, if not impossible. Remember the incessant false High Wind Warnings in the upper left? They still exist, and are supplemented by new Smart RTH warnings every 10 seconds! Effectively, flight time has been crippled to under 20 minutes and you are expected to land with a minimum of 35% remaining battery. Waypoint missions that do not turn towards home by 65% remaining battery are now impossible.

How depressing. And I haven't even opened the box (new P4P) yet..

Brendan knows what he is doing. He knew this would be unpopular among anyone flying beyond LOS, and did it anyway, to limit liability. Telling him you don't like what he did is like telling the thief who just stole your leather jacket out of your convertible that that's your jacket! He already knows that! :cool:

I hope I am wrong, but the first hint was that it was confirmed to be intentional, and not a mistake. Then, we discover that Smart RTH has simultaneously been made much more aggressive, with a continual nag screen every 10 seconds, until you turn around and head straight for home! This blocks the FPV, making composition and obstacle avoidance difficult, if not impossible. Remember the incessant false High Wind Warnings in the upper left? They still exist, and are supplemented by new Smart RTH warnings every 10 seconds! Effectively, flight time has been crippled to under 20 minutes and you are expected to land with a minimum of 35% remaining battery. Waypoint missions that do not turn towards home by 65% remaining battery are now impossible.

How depressing. And I haven't even opened the box (new P4P) yet..
If you have an old version of GO 4 version 4.0.0 on any tablet and don't upgrade the NFZ database and downgrade the aircraft FW to 1.02 or 1.03 and turn GEO off, you should be fine! That's a lot of if's! :cool:

If you have an old version of GO 4 version 4.0.0 on any tablet and don't upgrade the NFZ database and downgrade the aircraft FW to 1.02 or 1.03 and turn GEO off, you should be fine! That's a lot of if's! :cool:

The first time I downloaded anything was this week, so I already have the newest version, which appears to be racked with bugs. I assume the firmware on the drone itself is an older version, but not sure where that leaves me...

The first time I downloaded anything was this week, so I already have the newest version, which appears to be racked with bugs. I assume the firmware on the drone itself is an older version, but not sure where that leaves me...
If your aircraft began with a prior version, go back into the Assistant 2 and downgrade it to the prior version of 1.03x or 1.02x depending upon your battery algorithm preference. Mine are now both on 1.02x because I want 0 minutes of flight remaining to be at 10% when it Autolands and not at 0% when it has already crashed! Another DJI embedded Trojan Horse change that they failed to disclose, that creates a major safety hazard!:eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl