How to turn off smart go home

Reaction score
Downloaded the new firmware and I can no longer find out how to disable smart go home I've done it in the past I sure hope they didn't do away with that setting

Last edited:
"Smart Return-to-Home" is now in the "Aircraft Battery" section of DJI GO.

DJI-GO-Smart-Return-to-Home-DJIGO4.jpg

Reactions: mindstorm
Thanks so much. I was out in the field flying and this kept going off and I'm trying to find it out there...Sure wish the settings would stay when they into a new firmware or at least give us a save settings option.

Why would you want to disable this? Does it not function as they describe? Sounds like it would be cool that it would monitor the time it would take to return home and initiate that in the event someone kept ignoring the low battery alerts.

In this beta I'm using that fixes the tilted horizon it's no longer under battery. Can't find it anywhere. Wonder if they are doing away with it

In this beta I'm using that fixes the tilted horizon it's no longer under battery. Can't find it anywhere. Wonder if they are doing away with it

Peaked my curiosity when I saw this after flying my P3A over weekend and had, for first time, a non horizontal video horizon when flying - several flights. (Gimbal was leaning over, could temp fix it by rocking Phantom left Right whilst flying, then later it would happen again). So what tilted horizon fix are you referring to please? Perhaps it's related to my new issue thanks

Peaked my curiosity when I saw this after flying my P3A over weekend and had, for first time, a non horizontal video horizon when flying - several flights. (Gimbal was leaning over, could temp fix it by rocking Phantom left Right whilst flying, then later it would happen again). So what tilted horizon fix are you referring to please? Perhaps it's related to my new issue thanks
There is beta software for the P4P only that has corrected the problem.

Reactions: Loz

View attachment 80359
@msinger..need your help...so...I bought a new Phantom 4 Pro to back up my current unit. I immediately put the beta Software on that is fixing the Tilted Horizon...Went flying and that annoying Your drone wants to return home message started popping up every 10 seconds after dismissing it so I remember the Smart Return to Home Setting...If you recall the last firmware in April they put it under the battery settings. Well I can't find it there or anywhere...I even downgraded the firmware to April thinking maybe the beta removed it but nope no more Smart Return to home button in DJIGO4. Also the manual references Smart RTH in the latest manual but it's not talking about the same thing anymore... I had 55% battery and was fairly close when it "wanted" to return home...this is annoying and never accurate...when I landed I had 40%+ battery left. Have you any insight into this being removed?

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-7_2-45-3.png
    upload_2017-6-7_2-45-3.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 494

View attachment 80359
Here is what the current manual says..so I'm assuming there is no way to stop this. Problem is you have to keep canceling it every 10 seconds which is a nightmare. As you know we were once allowed to turn this off. Don't understand now why we can't. Their thresholds are over conservative and have no way of taking conditions into account.

lldlz.jpg

@msinger.I had 55% battery and was fairly close when it "wanted" to return home...this is annoying and never accurate...when I landed I had 40%+ battery left. Have you any insight into this being removed?
Define fairly close. I'll have a look in the app later. You're talking ios or Android?

Also the manual references Smart RTH in the latest manual but it's not talking about the same thing anymore
The manual never mentioned the "Smart Return-to-Home" feature. It's still available in the current version of DJI GO when running the current firmware, so it doesn't seem to have been removed either.

Since you're running beta software, you should reach out to DJI for help.

The manual never mentioned the "Smart Return-to-Home" feature. It's still available in the current version of DJI GO when running the current firmware, so it doesn't seem to have been removed either.

Since you're running beta software, you should reach out to DJI for help.
I've tried reinstalling djigo4 and I also reverted back to earlier firmware to no avail. Very strange. If indeed the beta did this reverting back to earlier versions doesn't correct it.

2500 feet. Enough that I had 40 something battery left. iOS.
At 40% that's plenty of juice to zip home without issue. Hope you get it sorted.

Btw, I know that I am not connected with the system fired up but just looking in the ios app that I grabbed fresh yesterday I do not see smart RTH setting in the battery menu either. Didn't have time to look elsewhere.

I can confirm smart RTH is no longer a choice option. It shows nowhere in menus that I have seen.

Reactions: bkushner

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.