How to keep Aircraft Steady on decent

I have the same thing happen to me. Your wish would work for full power ascents/descents but wouldn't quite be of any use for more controlled maneuvers. Still not a bad suggestion.
Actually, (putting my engineer hat back on forwards) a spring loaded 'soft detent' on center would work great, something like we have now, in that the stick has a spring return to center, but noticeably more spring tension left/right than up/down. IE the left stick is probably used more for up down than for left right which only spins/points the bird.

Neither, you can simply screw them down. First separate the two parts of the stick (unscrew the top part) and then screw down the bottom part and then screw down the top half to meet the bottom half. I hope I've explained that correctly.

The stick is two plastic pieces on a steel threaded rod. Just separate the two halves and do like above. Let me know if that helps.

Bud

Do you mod them yourself or buy some after-market ones?

Actually, (putting my engineer hat back on forwards) a spring loaded 'soft detent' on center would work great, something like we have now, in that the stick has a spring return to center, but noticeably more spring tension left/right than up/down. IE the left stick is probably used more for up down than for left right which only spins/points the bird.

Well putting on my R/C engineer hat, crack open the Xmitter, there may be (at least in my Futaba's there are) adjustments for spring tension on both sticks. so if you wanted to increase the tension on your yaw movement versus power (up/down) that would be easily achievable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing