HOW TO: Fix unstable Phantom 3 remote controller tablet mount

Fitted my inspire holder to my advanced controller today. iPad mini 2 is now rock solid. Well worth it, glad I bought one now.

All those parts is one additional part.. a jam-nut. The problem with all others is that the screw there works loose. It cant with a jam-nut

How about somebody making a holder that will accomodate an iPad Air in a protective case? I get tired of having to take mine out of its Otterbox, or bungie-cording it to the controller.

How about somebody making a holder that will accomodate an iPad Air in a protective case? I get tired of having to take mine out of its Otterbox, or bungie-cording it to the controller.
One problem with Otter and other protectors is they inhibit cooling a bit, and I am pretty sure a lot of the dropped frames seen in iPads is from heat related slowdown of gpu/cpu in the iPad, apple designed this to protect the iPads.

I dedicate an ipad mini 2 to the P3P and I made a custom hood that leaves the entire back exposed to air cooling, even the part against the DJI clamp has a space. It works great for me anyway.

I have a cheap clear plastic case on mine, and Zagg glass as well. There is no better protection. No heat problems, and the mod I did to the cradle so it would fit my larger Android tablets allows my Air 2 and case to fit VERY easily.

I have a cheap clear plastic case on mine, and Zagg glass as well. There is no better protection. No heat problems, and the mod I did to the cradle so it would fit my larger Android tablets allows my Air 2 and case to fit VERY easily.

What kind of mod did you do?

There are 2 posts at the base of the gearing inside that act as stops. I removed them. Now it extends about 3/16" further.

Any fotos??
No, sorry. In this pic you can see the opening, and the location of the 8 #1 phillips screws. Inside is a rather large spring. Try to not let it get kinked when you re-assemble. You can somewhat see that I modded the bottom support to allow the old larger Samsung data cable for the Galaxy Tab 1.

20151109_091059[1].jpg

Naysayers be damned, I ordered one the other day as this seems like a no brainer. 9.7" tablet on the stock holder flops around like a fish out of water, and its strictly due to the flexible plastic, it's as tight as can be otherwise.

+1 with Inspire holder on the P3 controller. Just perfect for either iPad Air and Mini4. Hard to get better than this!

When my P3 arrived i noticed the thumbscrew was slightly loose and tightened it up, around 12 flights later and it's still solid and never had to re-tighten. As others have said if it does ever come loose a bit of loctite will soon solve it.
Pre-flight routine.
Insert battery.....check
Aquire GPS.........check
Home location set.....check
Tighten thumbscrew.....check

Yes, I had that same issue and I had to very carefully dremmel the plastic away little by little until the metal and screw just popped out. Talk about a pain in the a**!
Considering that I never even tightened this screw it seems that it was stripped from the very start. That's pretty poor quality control.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl