How to fix a vibrating / shaking / crazy P2V+ camera gimbal

Re: How to fix a vibrating / shaking / crazy P2V+ camera gim

Thanks for the reply.

I have asked to join the group.

Any hope of fixing it myself?

if you are really good at soldering you can replace that transistor but you will need to have a really good digitally controlled temp soldering iron.
i usually replace the motor because it is a PITA to replace the transistor.

hmm good to know, is there anywhere selling the motors online? Or do i need to buy a crashed gimbal for parts?

every now and then you can find them on ebay otherwise i am not sure who sells these.

Wow, just a screw that had to be tightened... unbelievable. A million thanks for fixing this headache.

Thank you so much for posting these quad saving instructions. I know my gma would be very disappointed if it was not up and running so as to take aerial family selfies. :D

UPDATE: So far I have pulled off the back cover with the three screws and have realigned the potentiometer. I have also pulled off the front piece that holds the camera. Only the magnets were holding it on the axle, as described in the instructions. I put it back together with out any loctite or other adhesive. The camera is now aligned correctly but i am still getting the "Remove Gimbal Camp" or "Gimbal Motor Error. Check for obstructions." Error messages.

Is this due to not applying adhesive to the axle yet?

It also seems like the only motor on the gimbal not engaging is the one that tilts the camera up and down.

Thanks for all the posts on this thread. :geek:

It's possible that you need to replace the potentiometer that senses the motor position for the pitch motor (that tilts the camera up and down).

Edit: The problem occurs when any of the joints don't seem to register correctly due to either being out of alignment or having broken potentiometers (or due to broken ribbon cable).
I've noticed different behavior depending upon the gimbal firmware, such that I can't tell you how it will behave given any particular issue.

Ok. I am about to go to the store now to get some loctite. Hopefully affixing the axle to the camera will remedy the issue.

Do you know if it is typical for the pitch motor to go limp when a problem is sensed in the gimbal?

Thank you CityZen.

Is there any way to tell if the potentiometer is broken other than replacing it?

Hi everyone , after a bump my gimbal does not work properly , I disassembled the most part behind and I realized that lack these two componeti , and someone in possession of the wiring diagram ? or tell me where can I find them ?
Thank You

Attachments

• IMG_20150104_124325108_1.jpg
    IMG_20150104_124325108_1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,066

Morvan said:
Hi everyone , after a bump my gimbal does not work properly , I disassembled the most part behind and I realized that lack these two componeti , and someone in possession of the wiring diagram ? or tell me where can I find them ?
Thank You
Hi
I don't know really type of these components and give you photo https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9qowqU ... cslist_api

It appears I have found the correct place. Thanks Alot!!!!! But I need advice on one more item aside from the main topic of discussion. I need suggestions on the best way to bend the main frame that holds the motor back into alignment. Please see attached photo.`
20150405_212027.jpg

What may look like control / firmware issue is a simple mechanical failure of the gimbal's X axle which upon good side impact will get loose from its base. As shown in image A below, the axle marked green should be firmly snagged in the yellow marked bore.

So help me...is the axle just setting in the bore or is it actually affixed. Does it spin or just act as a stationary rod around which the motor spins. Or more simply does it spin with the motor. I'm trying to determine if I will need to glue this in place in the bore as suggested. Or is the glue / JB Weld just creating a larger pocket / bore for the axle to remain in position? TIA.

So help me...is the axle just setting in the bore or is it actually affixed. Does it spin or just act as a stationary rod around which the motor spins. Or more simply does it spin with the motor. I'm trying to determine if I will need to glue this in place in the bore as suggested. Or is the glue / JB Weld just creating a larger pocket / bore for the axle to remain in position? TIA.
You are going to be beating your head against a wall trying to fix that.... I repaired 4 today....along with a body swap and a Blade 350 antenna upgrade.

There are so many things that you need to be concerned with that you will need to work on them for several weeks straight before you can successfully make it work like new again.

The bearings cant be binding, the shafts cant be bent, the axis need to be aligned, the connectors need to be seated properly, motor shaft potentiometer clearances need to be set, this is just a few concerns and the list goes on and on.

The shaft is designed to spin and has to be secured to the roll assembly. If the hole is reamed too large the redloctite will not fill the gap and set up. You will need to bush it with a brass bushing after drilling it out oversize. JB weld is too soft for reliable retention.

Jeremy James

You are going to be beating your head against a wall trying to fix that.... I repaired 4 today....along with a body swap and a Blade 350 antenna upgrade.

There are so many things that you need to be concerned with that you will need to work on them for several weeks straight before you can successfully make it work like new again.

The bearings cant be binding, the shafts cant be bent, the axis need to be aligned, the connectors need to be seated properly, motor shaft potentiometer clearances need to be set, this is just a few concerns and the list goes on and on.

The shaft is designed to spin and has to be secured to the roll assembly. If the hole is reamed too large the redloctite will not fill the gap and set up. You will need to bush it with a brass bushing after drilling it out oversize. JB weld is too soft for reliable retention.

Jeremy James
Thanks for the response. Where are you located and how much would it cost for the repair and would it be less than replacing the gimbal and camera?

Jeremy James
I think my biggest problem might be a bent shaft. Bearings feel okay. Do the 2 motors work in series because all I'm getting is a beeping noise and consistent vibration as if they are trying to power up but are stuck?
20150406_143123.jpg

Thanks for the response. Where are you located and how much would it cost for the repair and would it be less than replacing the gimbal and camera?
Send me a PM... I dont offer any services openly on the forum, I am not a vendor.

I was reading the OP and I need a little help with the Loctite part. to apply Loctite I am assuming that some part was peeled away which was glued in the first place or is loctite an addition to put it in place that it doesnt happen again?

I'm having a problem where my camera will start to slowly point down until it is looking straight down. If I take off and don't use the gimble wheel it stays looking straight ahead. If I move my gimble wheel to slightLy tilt my camera down it won't stay in place. It will continue to slowly point down. Any ideas?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor