How to enjoy your quadcopter - Woman assaults UAV pilot

Re: How to enjoy your quadcopter

Hitting women is not my game but if a ***** came and assulted me, I would slap her silly. No reason to take that abuse.

Unless she was really HOT...then it's foreplay

Reactions: J.James

What an ANKLE,
An ankle is 3 foot below a K@&T!

Just my thoughts!

Poor guy. That lady (I'm correcting all of you from above) probably thought she was doing the right thing, and it escalated out of control too quickly.

Perhaps the drone pilot could have worded the initial confrontation better detailing the laws/rights to flying. Oh well--we just see the part where she is pissed off.

We are never safe while flying :-(

Not sure how that kid held his cool till the cops got there. He did the right thing. People be crazy!

Where is Thomas Jefferson and the 1st amendment when you want him! The lad did well not to retaliate. In the UK there is no law of privacy in a public place.

vortigern said:
Where is Thomas Jefferson and the 1st amendment when you want him! The lad did well not to retaliate. In the UK there is no law of privacy in a public place.

Nor any expectation of privacy in public places here in the States, just a lot of crazy people with guns. Thankfully no one ever talked Miss Thang into getting a gun.

And for the record, I'd have punched her right in the tomatoes...

Monte55 said:
Hitting women is not my game but if a ***** came and assulted me, I would slap her silly. No reason to take that abuse.

Unless she was really HOT...then it's foreplay

:mrgreen:
She'll be in front of the judge on June 19
He's 17. I'd say she'll have have to pay $17,000 in lawyer fees and to the boy. I hope he won't settle for less. She calls the cops and then she hits him....

Has anyone sent Andrea Mears a friend request yet? Same name, same bx, same face
https://www.facebook.com/ndrmears

Thankfully he started recording on his phone and also kept his cool when she started hitting him, otherwise we'd have it all over the news, headlines reading "Teen Pervert Takes Pictures With Drone and Punches Girl At The Beach".

:roll:

FOLLOW UP - Assault charges filed.

The video taken prior to the attack - http://youtu.be/Z6R5HrpGB2s

Andrea Mears charged with assault - http://news.yahoo.com/drone-beach-woman-assault-153600056.html

Mears said she had been getting many harassment emails online and hundreds of friend requests from strange men on Facebook.

"I've been just hiding at home," Mears said. "Everything was fine before he posted the video with my name in it."

Haughwout said it was not his intention for that to happen. "I only posted the video because she bluntly lied to the police, saying that I assaulted her."

"The assault wouldn't have happened if I didn't feel like I was in danger," Mears said.

Haughwout said had Mears told him she was not happy about him filming on the beach, he would have left.

"She didn't ask any of that. She just hit me," Haughwout said.

Mears is schedule to be in court on June 19, according to the Judicial Branch at the State of Connecticut.

Just aired 5 min ago on Inside Edition.

The headline was a slanted "Drone Flying Over Beach Leads to Fight Caught on Tape"

The "fight" was a clear unprovoked assault, by kid photographing the beach and ocean, but because it plays better if the woman is the victim of a privacy invasion by a bikini photographing "pervert", let's not quibble about facts...

Mears is charged with Assault in the 3rd Degree and Breach of Peace in the 2nd Degree. The Assault charge carries with it a punishment of up to one year in jail and a $2,000 fine, while the Breach of the Peace charge carries with it a punishment of up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

Been pushed back to a later date.

Some of the footage he took on the day is here. http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregorymcne ... -on-video/

Portrait of a lunatic.

Attachments

• andrea-mears-photos-14.jpg
    andrea-mears-photos-14.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 2,789
Did anyone see the footage he recorded from his quad? The beach was empty, he was just enjoying the flight as far as I could see. If I was that fella, I would take great delight in seeing her go down. I know that's mean spirited of me, but she was a bully and think she will get what she deserves.

I've been down at local parks for a bit of joy riding (flying?!) on nice days, everyone that has asked me anything about the phantom has been fascinated by it, they think it's very cool and want to know more. Nobody has ever come up to me, with maximum paranoia, and asked me what I was doing, why I was doing it, was there a camera e.t.c. I keep away from people and mind my own business. If I was threatened by someone like that clearly unhinged lady, I'm not sure how I would react. Use the phantom as a weapon to fend her off? lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl