How to enjoy your quadcopter - Woman assaults UAV pilot

Judderman said:
Did anyone see the footage he recorded from his quad? The beach was empty, he was just enjoying the flight as far as I could see. If I was that fella, I would take great delight in seeing her go down. I know that's mean spirited of me, but she was a bully and think she will get what she deserves.

I've been down at local parks for a bit of joy riding (flying?!) on nice days, everyone that has asked me anything about the phantom has been fascinated by it, they think it's very cool and want to know more. Nobody has ever come up to me, with maximum paranoia, and asked me what I was doing, why I was doing it, was there a camera e.t.c. I keep away from people and mind my own business. If I was threatened by someone like that clearly unhinged lady, I'm not sure how I would react. Use the phantom as a weapon to fend her off? lol.

If it were me, she might be in trouble depending on how physical she became. I'm a pretty good sized dude, but I also hold a state firearms carry permit, and I do carry while I fly.

BigTulsa said:
If it were me, she might be in trouble depending on how physical she became. I'm a pretty good sized dude, but I also hold a state firearms carry permit, and I do carry while I fly.

She has already been arrested on 3rd degree assault and breach of peace. I think the hearing was yesterday.
She lied directly to the police and said he was spying on her with his "helicopter plane" (which always makes me laugh when I hear that description) and that he attacked her first.

When the police went over to him, almost to arrest him, he said he had video of the whole thing. Boom, she's arrested on the spot :lol:

She was interviewed separately and refuses to take responsibility, saying that if it wasn't for him posting it on youtube this wouldnt be happening and that now weird people are requesting to be her "friends" on facebook lol. She recently changed her facebook page to private, but I saw it last week and it said something like "**** you all".

I hope she has to pay a large fine.

Here is a new video and article
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/c ... -1.1836545

Another video of a news report, but this time with an eye-witness who saw the woman attack first
http://www.wfsb.com/story/25729320/dron ... ammonasset

I cant find the video of the interview with her, but its classic "I'm a woman, so I'm automatically a victim" mentality.
Not that all women are like that - let me say that much ;) It's just the new trend out there right now.

edit:

Oh, looks like she is seeking parole. I personally never cared for jail or stuff like that. I always love to hit them where it hurts. In the pocket! She should have to pony-up!

Reactions: J.James
BigTulsa said:

There are times when I've wondered what it would be like to be able to carry a gun...only in imagination land would it seem like a good idea to me. I'm glad regular Joes don't have access to weapons in this country!

How does that work anyway? If someone were to threaten you, what're the basic rules of what you can do with that weapon?

Judderman said:
BigTulsa said:

There are times when I've wondered what it would be like to be able to carry a gun...only in imagination land would it seem like a good idea to me. I'm glad regular Joes don't have access to weapons in this country!

How does that work anyway? If someone were to threaten you, what're the basic rules of what you can do with that weapon?

Works like this:
Police Officer: Why did you shoot her in the face?
Big Tulsa: Because SHE SLAPPED ME!
Police Officer: Hmm... OK you're under arrest.

Or it could go like this...
Why did you shoot her in the face?

She was being a ***** sir.
Really?
Yes.
Ok. Go on now and be careful. We have to take her to emergency. Hey look....Dunkin Donuts

Judderman said:
BigTulsa said:

Has to be a 'level of force' involved. I carry hoping to never need to use it, and because with a disabled mother, I never want to be in a disadvantageous position, especially where I live.

In other words, someone wanting to get in a fistfight with me, I can't use it. If they pull out a knife, however, and there's an expectation of serious bodily harm to myself or anyone in my party, then I can use it.

I'm not one of these gun nuts who owns 40 firearms. I have three; two handguns, and a 12 gauge shotgun I park in my room for personal defense. I have one handgun I keep in the house at all times, one on my person/in my vehicle. I conceal mine however.

I have had a few people stop me and ask what I was doing, once when I was flying over some guys farm and was parked on the side of the road. He said they have had break-ins so he was checking on what I doing. The other time I was flying in the country around an abandoned house, and there was a really huge mansion next door so I flew over and looked down at it. The owners jumped in their truck and came to find me. They were big scary bikers who looked like they would have a gun. Oops. I just told them I was flying around, not to worry about it and they left me alone.

Some other dude stopped on his bike near the beach and said "Kind of obnoxious isn't it?" and I replied with "What people on bikes? Yeah I guess they are, but we just live with it" hahah, he didn't think it was funny.

Reactions: J.James
zalph said:
Some other dude stopped on his bike near the beach and said "Kind of obnoxious isn't it?" and I replied with "What people on bikes? Yeah I guess they are, but we just live with it" hahah, he didn't think it was funny.

LMAO! I wish I was that quick on witty response. Good one.

Just like he says, "if it were a male attacking a female the punishment would be more severe". He is 100% right. It's BS she should get a deal. She should be forced to attend anger management courses too.

Yes. She would not have to apologize. Not pay for the shirt. Nothing. Just be not crazy for a certain period. Until she stabs someone at the pool for looking at her boobs.

Wow what a coincidence. I stumbled upon this thread last week about this kid being attacked and read a few online postings about it. Then my friend sent me a Youtube video on the semi-auto hand gun attached to a quad. Imagine my surprise when it was on the news and went viral. It's the same kid!! Well actually he's 18 now so, same man! Wow. I had some thoughts about what would have happened if he had that on the connecticut beach.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/21/us/gun-drone-connecticut/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik