How Many Satellites Acquired with vision +

OnTheTrent said:
Amazing!! My P2V+ can now see the predicted number of satellites and then some with a bit of height (and additional 1-3 satellites.) But the big differences is maintaining the number of satellites and how quickly at start-up they are found. Basically, its immediately after the quad finishes its start-up rituals.
This is my experience with the factory V3, I've never had to wait on satellites by the time I'm ready it's ready.

I get 10-11 and on rare occasions 12 sats.

I get 12 or more most of the time. Stock Phantom.

Here's 15 and I've seen 16 a few times
i-jCHz6CP-M.jpg

OnTheTrent said:
Wow, you are at altitude there...I'm almost always below 150ft AGL. (btw, how do you capture a screen image?)
On android .. just push power off + volume down together. Apple devices probably have something similar

StevenQX said:
snowghost said:
I get 12 or more most of the time. Stock Phantom.
12 or more? lol

I fly in a really open area about 1400' MSL.

I rarely have less than 9. Many times I have 11-12 before taking off. I think it matter what your latitude is. I am in Los Angeles and so I think I can "see" more possible sats.

The most I ever had without any mods was 10 & now its no surprise to see 13 in the air. I even got 7 sats inside my kitchen and before mods couldn't get any indoors & acquires them much faster, not really sure what mod made most difference as I done them both at the same time (gps antenna/copperfoil mod

Hi
I am new Phantom 2 vis plus ver 3 pilot
And never Fly whith it....
But I get gps booster
Is it dangerous to Instal it because I have ver 3?
DJI have significantly improved the GPS module shielding on the Phantom V3.0 leading many to associate this with the issue of fly aways and slow GPS lock. Improve your Phantom 1/Phantom 2 shielding with a GPS Booster

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl