How Many Satellites Acquired with vision +

Reaction score
I am just curious as to how many satellites people are acquiring with there Vision+,I am sure there is a Problem with the GPS acquiring Satellites,I would like to Submit this to DJI,Thank you for the help

RIDETOEAT said:
Only three flights here but 5-7 is the best i am seeing.
I feel for you thats bad and i bet the vision is all over the place.I own the vision and acquire between 10 to 12 satellites and the flight is so stable,i just love the camera on the vision plus

Anyone can link up the material they used in this video?
3M Alu Foil laser printable???

Buy aluminum duct tape for duct work , then cover with packing tape. It's stickiy on one side. The packing tape insulates it. Aluminum foil isn't sticky and regular duct tape is heavy.
You can find this tape in hardware store or Home Depot

I have found for my area that this satellite prediction website (http://satpredictor.navcomtech.com) (flash required) is pretty spot on. Usually within + or - 1 of the Sats I am able to lock onto. Fortunately, there are only a couple times a day in my neck of the woods, where the coverage is marginal. From what I have read the mod seems to work for some, however not ready to open up my bird for the mod just yet. When and where I fly, I typically get anywhere from 8-10 Sats.

krsdj1 said:
RIDETOEAT said:
Only three flights here but 5-7 is the best i am seeing.
I feel for you thats bad and i bet the vision is all over the place.I own the vision and acquire between 10 to 12 satellites and the flight is so stable,i just love the camera on the vision plus

I got 7 on my third flight and thought " THIS IS BETTER " in heaven

All of this feedback would be more interesting if each poster would run the sat predictor to see how many were available. My case was poor but I got up to 7 of the available 8 at the time on my third flight. I can't be too disappointed is I got 7 or 8 and only 8-9 are available, 10 or more would be unrealistic... Right ??

On the ground: 6-9 sats
In the air: 7-12 sats

For me it doesn´t make sens all the time. Sometimes I get 9 sats on the ground with large buildings around and other times I get 6-7 sats in a open field. Maybe it depends on weather.

I flew with 10 sats yesterday evening. This is not unusual, sometimes I get more. I am using a stock Vision+ without the tin-foil mod (although, I have now bought some self-adhesive tin-foil and plan to fit it soon).

I did the mod and a minor addition of wrapping the GPS cable in foil (a suggestion from an aviation electronics wiz friend of mine). Amazing!! My P2V+ can now see the predicted number of satellites and then some with a bit of height (and additional 1-3 satellites.) But the big differences is maintaining the number of satellites and how quickly at start-up they are found. Basically, its immediately after the quad finishes its start-up rituals.

I used regular aluminum foil and a bit of Scotch tape. I'm impressed. (But not with DJI who should have provided a factory solution asap.)

A very useful tool: http://www.spectraprecision.com/support/tools/gnss-planning/gnss-planning-17876.kjsp?RH=PRUFWMP
And another one too: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/

Incidentally, this is what my friend wrote most recently:
The dilemma with miniaturising electronics is that the laws of physics don’t necessarily comply. Whether we like it or not RF signals follow certain rules having regard to antenna size and counterpoise characteristics. In the great race to smaller and smaller stuff we have to “fake” a signals “wavelength” by substituting high gain amplifiers. These amplifiers do a great job but they also amplify noise and spurious signals, ruining the S/N ratio and allowing external crap to interfere with design performance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic