How long to load mission after "Start"

Reaction score
I have looked for this and can not find an answer. Sorry if I missed it previously posted. I am new to Phantom and Litchi, but enjoying it. I am using a Phantom 3 Standard and a Nexus 7 tablet. I have been doing mission planning on the Litchi Hub and saving them to the cloud. I have had no problem downloading the mission to the tablet, but after doing the download and pressing the "Start" icon it usually takes a minute or a minute and a half with the "Loading 0%" before the mission loads and the P3 starts flying it. I try to have the P3 hovering 20 feet away from the home point and above 20 feet. I find if I try to restart the same mission the load will usually fail after a couple of minutes. What am I doing wrong?

I don't worry about it when I load the tablet, but, as I said, it is about 20 feet up and 20 feet away when I push the start button. Forgot to mention, the P3 is in the F_GPS mode when I push the start button.

I load my missions on the go due to where I fly (trees) and make sure that I am within 20 meters of where the mission starts before uploading it. I have read that the missions won't load unless you are within a certain distance of the first WP.
There were problems with an older version of Litchi that included the one you are experiencing, these were fixed with the latest iOS update. Not sure about android versions.

I am using Litchi ver,3.10.10 for Android on a Nexus 7 running Android ver. 4.4.3 and I am easily within 20 meters of the first waypoint.

I am using Litchi ver,3.10.10 for Android on a Nexus 7 running Android ver. 4.4.3 and I am easily within 20 meters of the first waypoint.
Does it load when sitting on the ground rather than on the fly? Nothing else running in the background on your device and the mission meets all the criteria to load. Here is a thread similar to yours that may help:
Standard - Litchi waypoint mission won't start/upload?

Settings Settings , always check your settings on your device . Ram can be an issue on your proprietary device and can cause the same effect .

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't see anything in the other thread. Most suggest that the mission be started while hovering. I will check for what is running in the background, but everything else seems to happen pretty promptly. It is probably something stupid I am doing that no one ever thought of before.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't see anything in the other thread. Most suggest that the mission be started while hovering. I will check for what is running in the background, but everything else seems to happen pretty promptly. It is probably something stupid I am doing that no one ever thought of before.:rolleyes:
Most people ensure that they have nothing running in the background, all other apps shut down. The mission is loaded directly onto the drone but I'm thinking there has to be enough 'room' on the device to load it in the first place. Have you tried building a mission directly on the litchi app to see if that makes a difference? It should take only a few seconds to upload the mission.

I have always had to load missions on the ground on the Standard. I'm not sure why. Even if I run a short mission the try to run the same one again I have to land cut the motors then start again .This is not recommended but it's the only way it will work for me (tab s 8.0)

Most people ensure that they have nothing running in the background, all other apps shut down. The mission is loaded directly onto the drone but I'm thinking there has to be enough 'room' on the device to load it in the first place. Have you tried building a mission directly on the litchi app to see if that makes a difference? It should take only a few seconds to upload the mission.
I have tried building the mission in Litchi and then loading it, but with the same results.

I have always had to load missions on the ground on the Standard. I'm not sure why. Even if I run a short mission the try to run the same one again I have to land cut the motors then start again .This is not recommended but it's the only way it will work for me (tab s 8.0)
I will try loading on the ground, but I think when I have tried it in the past, the P3 just tipped over. Much to try this afternoon.

That is a very old version of Android. Have you checked with Litchi support whether that version of android is still even supported. I use android as well (Samsung s6, Android V7.n) and uploading occurs too quick to time.

Wow, I did not notice that the Android version was so old. I did an update when I got the tablet, but apparently it is only updating one step at a time. I just did another update and it just went to 4.4.4. I will keep updating until it won't do it anymore. Thanks...yet another step to success. :D

I rolled my Samsung OS back from 6 to 5 .So many people including me had trouble with Litchi /Go playing up when both were installed on the tablet . I am not sure about 7 though.

If you search this site or just google it you will find a lot on the subject .I can't remember.now but I think the consensus was that it was a Samsung thing more that android generally

If you search this site or just google it you will find a lot on the subject .I can't remember.now but I think the consensus was that it was a Samsung thing more that android generally

I started with Litchi on my Samsung S6 running android v6.n No problems specific to the S6 I was aware of. Upgraded to v7 of android and still no problems except.... Litchi (only) signal strength percentages are incorrect when you are flying a P3S. As far as I know this is all android devices and Litchi support did not mention a specific android version.

v6 was just endless trouble for me on the tab s so my son rolled it back to v5 and now everything seems stable I leave GO "Force Stopped " and I don't use a screen recorder (it seemed to upset things unfortunately )
Maybe these problems were sorted in v7 .Its just a lot more trouble going back once you go to the next version .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl