How high?

Lots of variables... trees, open field, asphalt, sand. I would guess 200' it would not be real noticeable... who ya hiding from? :D

Reactions: dirkclod
Pro's can smell it so be sure to only approach from down wind :)

Lol, I was flying above my local town centre and stayed around 230ft so as not to alert people.

230ft over a busy town/city should be quiet as the ground level noise will drown it out.

Down in rural Kent I can still hear it at 400ft and when testing at 1500 ft it was still there faintly when directly overhead.

Lol, I was flying above my local town centre and stayed around 230ft so as not to alert people.

I know you'll think I sound like an old woman, but flying over towns and people is not a good idea! Read the CAA regs., before you get the rest of us banned.
(If you're going to break the rules, it's not a good idea to post it on youtube)!

Hey old woman you are 100 % right, safety first ... From an old man!

Don't post this video on YouTube matey you might get a knock on your door, you can fly at 400ft in the UK but not over the heads of every person in your town, not being a kill joy but if your bird comes down on someone's head in the middle of your town nobody in the UK will be flying above 1 ft as they will ban them

How high do you have to be for people not to hear it?

In this area (see link), you can be at 394' and still hear the thing. I feel bad when I get morning shots and I run into hikers because I know they're not there to hear my quad fly.

Don't post this video on YouTube matey you might get a knock on your door, you can fly at 400ft in the UK but not over the heads of every person in your town, not being a kill joy but if your bird comes down on someone's head in the middle of your town nobody in the UK will be flying above 1 ft as they will ban them

I and it only takes one very small bird flying in the wrong spot to bring your big bird down.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl