How do you feel about this film ?

Fair Game said:
Thaks Shrimpy... At last a 'Film' and not a series of shots.

Very nice.

My only negative comment would be about props in shot. I think this would work better and have even more impact in letter box format.

Your right. I have never done that yet in a film so I will have a go with this one to see how it works. I shot in 1080p so I didn't give myself the wiggle room of 2.7K

As for the story, thanks for the praise on that as it is intended to be a story although most of the footage had been shot before the story began to form.

Shrimpfarmer, this was very well done and beautiful. Excellent! I really liked that the film pulled me in so that I was not stuck in the "gee-whiz-wow-- this is aerial video footage" and moved me INTO the storyline.

What did you use as the special lighting effect with the picture of the couple? Is that something in FCPX? Or a special plug in effect?

Jezabel said:
Shrimpfarmer, this was very well done and beautiful. Excellent! I really liked that the film pulled me in so that I was not stuck in the "gee-whiz-wow-- this is aerial video footage" and moved me INTO the storyline.

What did you use as the special lighting effect with the picture of the couple? Is that something in FCPX? Or a special plug in effect?

Hi

Thanks for the comments. The effect on the couple was created by using the dream effect and the a light effects as well. I think it was side lights? Yes these are both stock effects in FCPX. Much of the effect was driven by the sun glinting off of the sea which was then amplified by the effects.

For me... It is more powerful in letterbox format. Doesn't work with every subjet but on this occasion a big thumbs up!

Awesome job Shrimpfarmer! You really made the viewer stop and think. As a newbie, I can hope to one day be able to produce something as special as your film, keep up the great work!

Nice video. Enjoyed flight. Cliffs are amazing.
The edge of cliff, especially where crumbling off, would scare me. I'd stay at lighthouse.
Person lighting cigarette(?) and sparkling background seems out of place in video without other special effects.
If evocative of person being reflective or prayer like, that symbolism was there too.

Again, nicely done.

Buk said:
Nice video. Enjoyed flight. Cliffs are amazing.
The edge of cliff, especially where crumbling off, would scare me. I'd stay at lighthouse.
Person lighting cigarette(?) and sparkling background seems out of place in video without other special effects.
If evocative of person being reflective or prayer like, that symbolism was there too.

Again, nicely done.

The idea was they were about to jump. He was lighting a ciggy but it sure looked like he was praying :)

The way people perceive...

I thought they were contemplating someone who had already jumped, not contemplating the act themselves.

perceptions....

Buk said:
The way people perceive...

I thought they were contemplating someone who had already jumped, not contemplating the act themselves.

perceptions....

There will be so many different interpretations. Someone else thought they were ghosts :)

Very Nicely done..Not too much depth but not over simplified. Footage is beautiful. The landmark is awe inspiring. Keep up the great work buddy...you inspire us...

Whiteram said:
Very Nicely done..Not too much depth but not over simplified. Footage is beautiful. The landmark is awe inspiring. Keep up the great work buddy...you inspire us...

Thanks for the positive strokes :)

Beautiful film,
But to me props in the shot are not acceptable, use narrower field of view,
Crop it 235:1, anything, but not the props on the screen;
Otherwise beautiful!

bzpop said:
Beautiful film,
But to me props in the shot are not acceptable, use narrower field of view,
Crop it 235:1, anything, but not the props on the screen;
Otherwise beautiful!

Your right I did do that and it does make a difference

[vimeo]92084127[/vimeo]

[vimeo]92471776[/vimeo]

Cracking video. Well done, some beautiful flying there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl