Horizon FPV Antennas

Re: Horizon FPV Antennas adaptor kit

hey guys, Here at Horizon always looking at ways to make life simple ,there is also another new connector kit , so instead of using the U.fl and splicing in , we have produced the actual connector that solders to the end on the cable direct , this has several advantages.

1 just solder on the connector at the position where the old antenna was . ( no measuring )
2 , uses the existing 5.8 GHz cable .
3 . no messing trying to get the glue off !
4 you can fit a rubber duck antenna on there to revert back to stock before the mod !.
5 you have a means to measure the rf output now.
6 fit any antenna from the Horizon 5.8 GHz range
7 fits both the RC control and the UAV RX antennas.

out in around a week

will

Re: Horizon FPV Antennas low range and RTH

Guys,

One thing i have noted on the connection on the main board is the U.fl connector ,
some report it lose and moves around , this may indicate the connector is not actually connection properly , this could mean the center pin is not actually connecting and this would then give these low range results.

The simple thing is not not disturb the connection and glue , as it is a solid fix and will not come away .
then we fit a new connector and this is soldered to the other and of the cable thus making a good connection back to the main board.

if the range is ever low and RTH happening the this connector is usually the culprit.

I will do another video shortly showing this and how to install it, for now until those connectors come available ( 7 days ) the splice method is the way to do the mod, do NOT mess with the glue on the board leave well alone !!

Will

Pcdeveloper2014

would you post the link of the connector mentioned above when available? would you post a pic?

Thanks

shaun27 said:
can anyone put me right have just fitted horizon antennas and now my range as gone from 1545ft at 100ft high before control signal lost to 749ft at 100ft high. All connections are tight both inside and out all battier fully changed flown in the same places loads of times before the mods was done so I know what sort of range I get there and its never below 1500. the thing that was better was the fpv

Thanks will all sorted now

Geert said:
shaun27 said:
shaun27 said:
can anyone put me right have just fitted horizon antennas and now my range as gone from 1545ft at 100ft high before control signal lost to 749ft at 100ft high. All connections are tight both inside and out all battier fully changed flown in the same places loads of times before the mods was done so I know what sort of range I get there and its never below 1500. the thing that was better was the fpv

Thanks will all sorted now

Please let us know the results if you are planning to do long distance flight.

:)

Geert./.
Geert not planning on doing any long distance fights just needed a stronger signal in both tx control and better fpv. were I normally fly its fine but were I would like to do more flying its very poor 500ft at the most because of the landscape. there is a place about 30 miles away from me called Castleton in Derbyshire the UK I go walking up there a lot and I have been trying to fly my p2v thorough winnats pass not sure if that's how its spelt. any way I have found a link to it so you can see what I mean
http://www.peakdistrictinformation.com/ ... innats.php

hey guys

I am planning to buy the Horizon Dual Pilot end without RF amp -

for those who own one horizon antenna, Do you have to point the P2SV directly in order to get the currently distances that you are getting? what if there are some threes or other obstacles ? would it sell work? ( lees range but still work? )

Thanks!

Re: Horizon FPV Antennas new dealer in Greece

hi guy

we are happy to announce another authorised dealer in Greece, here are the details.

------------------------------------
Contact Dimitris
DR ELECTRONICS
17 Vatheos Str.
Athens 11522
GREECE

Tel. +30-210-6400100
Fax. +30-210-6451791
email: [email protected]
www.yaesu.gr

Any chance of a video showing how to connect the new connector above? Think I know but sure would be nice to have a short video on making proper connection. Looks nice!

4560m full FPV Phantom vision+ Plus Upgraded with Horizon Ki

Hi there

This my new best record with my Plus I flew more than 9000m back and forth with full FPV in Urban Area
I fited two horizon pinwheel in the phantom vision+ Plus .

I believe that I can get more than this distance in future my target is 5000m

I Saw in the past some users get more than 4500m BUT NOT in urban area or crowded city

However I flew with my Plus the temperature more than 42C degrees in my city in summer in night and you know the high

temperature Will effect the phantom that way I believe that I can get 5000m FPV in low temperature or in clear and open area.

Enjoy this video

http://youtu.be/7rGViZuzaMc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 510
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 526
dastagg said:
Any chance of a video showing how to connect the new connector above? Think I know but sure would be nice to have a short video on making proper connection. Looks nice!

hey guys , yes this is the proper way to do it if you can solder pretty good , this is small stuff so you have to me careful

i'l do a short video on the connections shortly. there are available on the store if you need them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0c0hr46vbu2h4ut/P1040630.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5qeb9c8r75rsaa/P1040631.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5ygkfhmekbqpou/P1040633.jpg

checking the RF power level after the mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfrb3slkt7zpooz/P1040637.png

Horizon FPV Antennas 5 KM full FPV with P2V+ upgraded

Hi there

First I would like to thank Will

Your items it is very good

I'm very happy to post my test with my phantom vision+ Plus upgraded

The experiment was a good adventure but also risky

I flew with my P2V+ more than 10000m from taking off to landing the phantom

And I advice the users to not risk their phantoms by trying this experiment

I used Horizom Antenn's 11dBi and with two pinwheel in P2V+

I hope you enjoy the video below

http://youtu.be/3lLxnLZerMQ

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 699
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 629
Re: Horizon FPV Antennas (advices)

Hi there

I would like to give some advices for the usurers that would like to fly these long distances
And I hope they take these advices seriously so I wouldn't be blamed for losing or damaging there phantom

First thing you need to do is start with small distances at first 3500m after that 4000m and after that 4500m and at the end 5000m
Why should you do that?
So that you can know if the battery is in its best condition and you can relay on it

Secondly you should always know the direction of the wind and the speed and always at first fly against the wind so that you can safely come back

Third I recommend who don't have a lot of experience and the new users should not do this experiment

Last of all don't ever think that you can get this long distance with the new firmware from the DJI

Thank you all

Big fan of Will's antennas. I purchased the following dual band antenna:

Dual band Blackhawk Micro 2.4 GHz & 5.8 GHz 12 dBi ( LHCP in White )
(dual 2.4 & 5.8 BH: 1 x 5 cm & 1 x 30 cm)

RC Range decreased significantly to 300m when signal was lost. Obviously something is wrong. All connections appear proper.

How do I know which antenna connection goes to to the 5.8 and which goes to the 2.4. Does it make a difference?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl