Horizon FPV Antennas

Night flight with DJI Phantom Vision FPV Altitude 2000m 2KM ! Horizon Antennas.

I would like to share my project with Blackhawk 2.4 GHz 12.2 dB Helical (RHCP) Heavy duty version from Horizon with 2.5W Amplifier and the P2V SToCK No modification on it

http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... y-version/

The resault were better than expected !!

I got more than 2000m FPV in Altitude

Youtube link

http://youtu.be/J7w3lbxiO3g

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 306
Yikes that is high. Better not upgrade to 3.04 otherwise it will take you 17 minutes to get back down lol

xgeek said:
Yikes that is high. Better not upgrade to 3.04 otherwise it will take you 17 minutes to get back down lol
Flying vertically is much harder than flying horizontally
I have the older firmware.
The phantom took along time to land
I advise the people with less exprience to NeVer fly the phantom vertically

Just tested these antennas Phantom 2 Vision super plus Pilot end so far 2500feet altitude 65feet and still going full signal bars.
Thanks Will.

Another update on the New horizon Antennas today windy again ground test 9120 feet WOW :shock: :shock:
Will you have out done your self on these ones that's 1.7 miles
Buy these you won't be disappointed they are the Phantom 2 Vision super plus Pilot end love them and nicely made too .
Thanks again Will.

How long does it take to receive something ordered from horizon such as antennas? Specifically to the US? Are items actually "in stock" or made after order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they are in stock I got them in 3 days from ordered not sure how long it will take to get to US. Just send Will an email he is vey helpful.

Tom.

Re: Horizon FPV Antennas 4690m FPV

Hi there

I would like share my project with Horizon Antennas especially Blackhawk Micro 2.4 GHz 11 dBi ( 6 turn silver )
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... hcp-white/
And 2.4 GHz SP RC or wifi (fitted to the UAV) .

Also I used with this kit two booster one on the range extender and other very light booster on UAV with small Battery to feed the light booster .

The results were unexpect !!
I got 4690m FPV !!

The phantom got a biger distance more than 9300m
Back and forth.

The project was risky because when the phantom landed there was only 8% left

And in 20% the phantom was forsed to land its on .i was only able to fly it left and right.

I would like to share with you some images for my modification

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 317
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 345
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 361
More images for the last modification

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 333
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 311
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 401
Jgrimberg1979 said:
How long does it take to receive something ordered from horizon such as antennas? Specifically to the US? Are items actually "in stock" or made after order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there been busy guys , yes if it's a stock item and the USA is FedEx priority usually 3 days or so
There are two active dealers in the USA now so as long as they have stocks you could get them there.
Will

Re: Horizon FPV Antennas glue advise beware !

One word of advise guys , do not bother to try to remove the glue off the connectors, it will result in you destroying the connector.

So even on the RC control and the UAV use the splice method I devised , as long as you do this as per the Video it will be fine.
I recently did the RC mod in the new Phantom vision plus . I found they had soldered the U.fl connectors in place !.

It's not worth messing with it guys , I have 40 years experience and even I would avoid it . Just splice in , do it the way I show you and it's fine , basically you maintain the 50 ohm impedance by cutting the cable to 1.5 wavelengths exactly.
I'll put the video up shortly on the channel.

I have heard some horror stories of guy messing up the boards, so if you can not solder at this small level get a friend who can do it properly for you , aAs a radio ham of over 40 years the best way is the connector on the board every time , but with this glue and dji soldering the U.fl connectors on , my advise it leave we'll alone
The glue on the Uav is very difficult to remove.
The reason why they fix down these connectors is for them not to come away in flight and cause damage or harm , so if you managed to get the glue off and plug in the U.fl you would still need to glue it back down again !

Will
HFPV UK

714Aberdeen said:
Also I used with this kit two booster one on the range extender and other very light booster on UAV with small Battery to feed the light booster .

714Aberdeen

would you pls provide a link for the 2w booster !

Thanx
IIVII

Irepairapples said:
Another update on the New horizon Antennas today windy again ground test 9120 feet WOW :shock: :shock:
Will you have out done your self on these ones that's 1.7 miles
Buy these you won't be disappointed they are the Phantom 2 Vision super plus Pilot end love them and nicely made too .
Thanks again Will.

Yes guys these will go a silly range with the pair you have we tested just ONE at over 11km , so it's down to the Uav and extender applying the Rf energy. We can add an rf amp ,but at these ranges guys use a passive system. Let the antennas do the work .
Your not going to able to see the UAV as it is., just watch your battery level !.

We have an rf kit ,but have run out of stock so will put it up shortly.

Will

IIVII said:
714Aberdeen said:

714Aberdeen

would you pls provide a link for the 2w booster !

Thanx
IIVII

Hi IIVII

Sure

This booster should fit on UAV with small Battery
It is 5 V
You can connact it with main battery in p2v or use small external Battery

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251488689744?nav=SEARCH

You need also this cable

More image

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 712
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 721
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 654
Re: Horizon FPV Antennas RF kit

Geert said:
Pcdeveloper2014 said:
New product guys.

the Horizon RF amp kit ( 2.4 and 5.8 versions GHz )

these will be for 2.4 Ghz and 5.8 GHz , they will operate off a small 2s-3s lipo.
the kit comes supplied with the power connectors, special patch cables and the lipo

These will fit on the pilot end and the UAV end, so there will be a kit for the Pilot end and the UAV end.
on the UAV you use the special cable we have to feed off the camera and then though the RF Amp to a Horizon silver
SP antenna, this gives around 600mw on 2.4 GHz and 360 deg,

these can also be used on 2.4 GHz rc control to extend the RC control range , the amp is capable of 2 watts and
also has a peramp to lift the received signals. We used these some time ago in a video on our channel and had a FRsky
RC control system operating at over 11km.

here it is fitted to the Dual 2.4 & 5.8 GHz pilot end.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07a2ls44qsq52p2/P1040511.png

look out for them shortly on the store

Will

Hi Will,

Is this kit available already for pilot end?

Geert.

Yes this is available on the store , with the conversion for the pilot end.
There is a lipo power pack that will run the extender and then RF amp via an interface then same time.
Will

There are new versions of the pilot super kit and the extreme kit

These now have the option to select 'backpack 'option , to break down the array for packing down or backpack use

There is an option to select this on the product listing

Also a new module to run the extender and the RF amp off the power bank.

This supplies the RF amp with 12v from the 5 v power bank and charges the extender.

Will

I just wanted to add a screengrab of my distance record to date using horizon antenna. 2 x SP 2.4ghz on the UAV and the Dual black hawk 12dbi on the pilot end, I also had an 8dbi patch panel fixed next to the black hawk.. not sure if that actually does any good but i was happy with my distance. image broke up when i took the screen grab but it cleared just after i took it. at 1024metres or 3359feet it lost connection to RC and wanted to come home. next mod is the 2x RC antenna on the UAV end to make the most of the 5.8ghz dual. mods to date cost around £100 and for the most part, super easy to do.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-27-18-44-30.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-27-18-44-30.png
    541.5 KB · Views: 514
  • Bromsgrove-20140627-00481 (800x600).jpg
    Bromsgrove-20140627-00481 (800x600).jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 527
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    635.4 KB · Views: 487

Recent Posts

Members online