Horizon FPV Antennas

Geert said:
Nice setup funkdoobies, but the plate for the antenna looks a bit too big or not?

Geert./.
Thanks, and yes Its a little on the large size but the white panel gave me a way to attach the patch panel and the horizon antenna to the face of the extender in one piece. I had it cut to size on the CNC machine at work, its also made out of dibond which is a material used in sign making that has two sheets of aluminium layered in it. I was hoping this would direct as much of the signal forward as possible and so far im happy with the results. On the downside, like some others i have suffered some dropouts and cant reconnect to video mid flight since a recent software upgrade or app upgrade. I have readings just no video?. Since looking on this forum though I realised my camera wasn't on the latest firmware so I've now updated this and I'm just waiting for the English weather to calm down enough for me to see if the connection problem has improved, 6 months time then :cry: ....

Guys with the super kit 9 db ,will be adding an option to up the gain to 12 db in the selection.
when this is selected the price is adjusted and then it is 12 db , this can then be done on the
2.4 GHz link or the 5.8 GHz RC link or both .

this option has been applied to the Black pear kit to allow a 12 dB blackhawk ( 5.8 ) upgrade option. (3 db Lift)

http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... -and-rhcp/

look to for it shortly as a new addition to the kits.

the mod worth doing to the UAV is the RC mod as is completes the LHCP rotation sense and gives a 3 dB lift on the link path

Stay safe

PS there is a new distributor in the USA for horizon so if your on that side on the pond go to

http://horizonfpvantennas.us

Will

I have one LHCP 2dBi Phantom Pinwheel and a LHCP 2.4GHz Half Sphere Helix 9 dBi for my phantom... I am wondering is it better to install the pinwheel on the phantom or on the repeater for greater FPV distance?

Pcdeveloper2014 said:
Guys with the super kit 9 db ,will be adding an option to up the gain to 12 db in the selection.
when this is selected the price is adjusted and then it is 12 db , this can then be done on the

this option has been applied to the Black pear kit to allow a 12 dB blackhawk ( 5.8 ) upgrade option. (3 db Lift)

the mod worth doing to the UAV is the RC mod as is completes the LHCP rotation sense and gives a 3 dB lift on the link path

Stay safe

PS there is a new distributor in the USA for horizon so if your on that side on the pond go to

Will

Great! Just found this. I ordered just this morning from UK before I saw this. Could have saved half by ordering through US site due to shipping price from UK. Oh well! :-(

hi Will, extreme kit looks awesome. can you give more info about this kit please. how far can i go with this kit?

dastagg said:
Pcdeveloper2014 said:

Stay safe

Will

Great! Just found this. I ordered just this morning from UK before I saw this. Could have saved half by ordering through US site due to shipping price from UK. Oh well! :-(

yes this is the reason we set up there in the USA to save you guys the time and shipping costs , it is expensive to ship to the USA from the UK.
So this was put in place for you guys across the pond , give you all access to the full range at USA shipping rates., horizon USA will look after you they are 100 % customer focused.

will

jason12 said:
hi Will, extreme kit looks awesome. can you give more info about this kit please. how far can i go with this kit?

hi there how far is the horizon ..... Lol , is was redesigned by yours truly to break down for backpack.
well to give an example using the array and an RF amp one customer hit 3650 meters on a phantom plus ..... yes you read it right
thats over 11, feet .... like i said very early on .... watch the battery...

Will

Pcdeveloper2014 said:
jason12 said:

hi there how far is the horizon ..????... Lol , is was redesigned by yours truly to break down for backpack.
well to give an example using the array and an RF amp one customer hit 3650 meters on a phantom plus ..... yes you read it right
thats over 11, feet .... like i said very early on .... watch the battery...

oh and no its won't stop at 1,500 meters ( firmware fence ) more than double that !

Will

Re: Horizon FPV Antennas full FPV during all the flight 4088

Hi there

I would like to share my video after upgrade my phantom vision plus with horizon Blackhawk Micro 2.4 GHz 11 dBi (LHCP)

And 2.4 GHz Sp Antenna Long semi rigid ( LHCP) in the UAV

With 2.4Ghz booster

http://youtu.be/7QGS3n6RkJo

Thanks Will

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 845

714Aberdeen said:
Hi there

I would like to share my video after upgrade my phantom vision plus with horizon Blackhawk Micro 2.4 GHz 11 dBi (LHCP)

With 2.4Ghz booster

Thanks Will

Fantastic range...
Please post some pics of your antenna arrangement's!

Geert said:
714Aberdeen said:
Hi there

Thanks Will

Great distance !
I am waiting for my Dual band Blackhawk Micro 2.4 GHz & 5.8 GHz 12 dBi to arrive.
Can't wait to check it out. :lol:

Geert./.

hi there , with the upgrade and test of the P2V+ from standard ( tested 720 meters ) when it did RTH , so after the mods done took it out yesterday and tested with the compact dual pilot kit ,it kept going until it hit the software ence at 1500 meters, it would have gone further. so the compact dual pilot kit is confirmed at 1500 meters, this is the dual compact kit with the SP antenna.
just doing a detailed video on the installation of the RC control antennas and the RC control itself, up shortly.

Also after the mod some measurment to see what the levels are like so you have a benchmark if your having problems.
i'll do an assembly of the kit from scratch also shortly to see how it connects.

will

funkdoobies said:
714Aberdeen said:
Hi there

With 2.4Ghz booster

Thanks Will

Fantastic range...
Please post some pics of your antenna arrangement's!

Thank you

You should fit the horizon 2.4 GHz Sp Antenna Long semi rigid ( LHCP)
Same the image below if you want good resault
The antenna should not be behind the camera or UAV
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... igid-lhcp/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 858
Right... I have two and thought the best position was pointing straight down? I'll certainly be trying at least one in the same position as yours!

Many thanks

funkdoobies said:
Right... I have two and thought the best position was pointing straight down? I'll certainly be trying at least one in the same position as yours!

Many thanks

I use to do the same thing positioning the antenna down and that was wrong. To get the best result u should position the antenna

like the image above.And you can tell the difference when you change the position.

However you should use antenna with 90 degree with angle to fit it in the UAV

Geert said:
714Aberdeen said:
I use to do the same thing positioning the antenna down and that was wrong. To get the best result u should position the antenna

like the image above.And you can tell the difference when you change the position.

However you should use antenna with 90 degree with angle to fit it in the UAV

Good to know.
Thanks for sharing the pic.

Geert./.

Here is more images for the best position for Horizon 90 digree Antenna in the UAV with 11dbi Antenna that i use it with
2.5W Amp booster

However I belive if I fly in clear area I can get more than 4080m with this kit
My project was in city side there was many of buildings and towers .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 776
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 825
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 827
hey guys a few things , the kit is available shortly for the p2v+ with the antenna and the special cable to connect , around a week

we will list it on pre order so you guys can take advantage of the below.

there is a promotion for 7 days with horizon
Running a promotion on the store , 7 days 10 % off everything to celebrate the 1000 subscribers ( over 100,00 hits )
also see this on the compact dual antenna test getting 1500 meters,
here is the range as stock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Qa7VDON9A

and after the mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBviuhT8HPI

more than double the range!!

and the code for 10%

fpvtests1000

will

can anyone put me right have just fitted horizon antennas and now my range as gone from 1545ft at 100ft high before control signal lost to 749ft at 100ft high. All connections are tight both inside and out all battier fully changed flown in the same places loads of times before the mods was done so I know what sort of range I get there and its never below 1500. the thing that was better was the fpv

Attachments

• 20140718_203229.jpg
    20140718_203229.jpg
    723.6 KB · Views: 486
Geert said:
shaun27 said:
can anyone put me right have just fitted horizon antennas and now my range as gone from 1545ft at 100ft high before control signal lost to 749ft at 100ft high. All connections are tight both inside and out all battier fully changed flown in the same places loads of times before the mods was done so I know what sort of range I get there and its never below 1500. the thing that was better was the fpv

Hi Shaun,

The only thing I can think of is that you need to check your connections again. This is absolutely weird.
Your battery is fully charged in the wifi repeater, what about the batteries in your controller?
If you can't figure it out you should contact Will.
Good luck.

Geert./.
Thanks Geert yes all batteries were fully changed. am emailing him today like I said the fpv is loads batter no break ups at all just the range. I tested it 3 time and each I check the connections and still could not get more then 749ft

Geert./.[/quote]
Thanks Geert yes all batteries were fully changed. am emailing him today like I said the fpv is loads batter no break ups at all just the range. I tested it 3 time and each I check the connections and still could not get more then 749ft[/quote]

hi there , i replied direct to you , there is a simple check you can do.
take off the 5.8 GHZ antenna ( blackhawk ) and put on a 5.8 GHz rubber duck antenna , that gets it back as it was before you did the mod, ( stock ) now try it again , does the range go back up ? does it stay the same? if it does the 5.8 GHz mod is suspect .

a simple test that will show what is happening , the SP on the wifi should be at the top and vertical , the BH should be parallel with the wifi antenna , and pointed in the direction of the Uav as you have a pair of 9 dB beams.

like if i did this check on my kit it would revert back to 720 meters instead of 1500 metes when the 5.8 BH is fitted which is logical as it back to stock then.

if you look at the detail splice video it also shows the RF levels at the connector. if you have the means measure it at the connector , it would show around 50 mw or so on the immersionRC RF meter, ( FCC mode )

will

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart