Honest opinions, anything I can improve?

Reaction score
Ive had My phantom 3 Pro for a week just over a week now.
Ive put this little compilation together, Any advice or critique on how I can improve would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: Reed L
I'm not a drone photography expert but I've been into conventional photography for ages.

My key points would be this:

- the landscapes with the sunset are underexposed and a lot of details on the ground are lost. The sunset itself looks nice but some evening across the images range would be handy. Something like an ND filter may work or some post processing. Overall quite a dark look to the shots so maybe a little tweak of the settings. Maybe make sure white balance is in check for the area you're filming. Ensure the ISO is right for the light levels and get the most out of the shots.

- I noticed a slight change in gimbal tilt but it was aggressive enough to be off putting. Smooth out any camera/drone movements to avoid any judder.

Otherwise it was a relatively nice compilation. Nice locations and interesting subjects, even if some were perhaps questionable. Not a bad effort though and it trumped my first attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: sonof40
I would practice with the settings for the white balance. A lot of the darkness, even in the sunlight can be adjusted. Not sure what filters you are using. Another thing is to slow down for filming. More video flying fast may not always be the best shot. Try flying slower. The low flying over the field may have looked more enjoyable with slow and smooth flying. Just some ideas, but if you are happy with it, try different settings and enjoy your videos.

I would practice with the settings for the white balance. A lot of the darkness, even in the sunlight can be adjusted. Not sure what filters you are using. Another thing is to slow down for filming. More video flying fast may not always be the best shot. Try flying slower. The low flying over the field may have looked more enjoyable with slow and smooth flying. Just some ideas, but if you are happy with it, try different settings and enjoy your videos.
Thanks, appreciate it

I'm not a drone photography expert but I've been into conventional photography for ages.

My key points would be this:

- the landscapes with the sunset are underexposed and a lot of details on the ground are lost. The sunset itself looks nice but some evening across the images range would be handy. Something like an ND filter may work or some post processing. Overall quite a dark look to the shots so maybe a little tweak of the settings. Maybe make sure white balance is in check for the area you're filming. Ensure the ISO is right for the light levels and get the most out of the shots.

- I noticed a slight change in gimbal tilt but it was aggressive enough to be off putting. Smooth out any camera/drone movements to avoid any judder.

Otherwise it was a relatively nice compilation. Nice locations and interesting subjects, even if some were perhaps questionable. Not a bad effort though and it trumped my first attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Cheers, any suggestions on ND filters?

nice area to film by the looks of it. sunset shots are a bit dark.

only think i would say is slow down. when skimming across the field just as you almost ditched it looked like you just climbed at full speed. slow the flight and climb down and will give a much better shot. felt like i was on a rollercoaster lol

Excellent camera work! In a few cases you ended up with the rotor arm visible in the frame, but of course you know that. Tilt the camera down a little and slow down a bit. Otherwise, impressing stuff!

//Tom

Perhaps keeping the related shots together. Or in some order. I always think of it as a "story". The viewer needs to feel some type of flow or direction. However, this is where the art takes place... it can be accomplished in many different ways. Each story is different and each author is different.

Reactions: cobra44
Yep. Slow it down a tad. otherwise you got some good shots.

Kinda jumpy from scene to scene but otherwise..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl