Home lock wont work

When I try to set home or course lock I get a message showing the return home slider!

• Help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • advice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I can't get Course lock or Home lock to work as it should! I have been flying for two years and I have never had a problem before,But I bought this P3 advance off ebay for a friend,when it came one of the aerials was broken,I bought another transmitter,but when that came one of the aerials was out,so I pushed it back in and I thought it was ok,bound it then tested it,it all goes ok until I try to set course or home lock,I get a box come up with RTH and a slider,if I cancel it it flys back home.
If I just fly the drone after about 400 feet it stops loses the signal and returns home.
My problem is,is it the Drone or is it the transmitter?
The drone has only been flown 3-4 times and is as new.

Since there was an obvious mechanical issue with the RC, I would suspect that the problem is there. What causesd the antenna to be 'out' and what other damage might have occurred? Does the signal (assume you mean the transmitter signal) drop off rapidly as you approach 400 ft or is it continually falling until you lose connection at 400 ft and RTH is initiated? What versions o FW and apps are you using? Do you have access to another bird that is working ok to use for testing the RC?

Thank's for the reply! It just gets to a point in flight at about 400 ft when it starts to return and comes up on the screen as doing so,I dont lose the picture/app .
The app is as far as I know is the latest.
The strange thing is how the message comes up with the box Return to home when I try to use course and home lock.
The antenna was out so i pushed it back in,when i contacted the seller on eBay he said they do that,I have never had one do that in about 6-7 I have owned.
So I am returning it to him,I will then buy another,But before that I will borrow one off a friend and that I hope will at least tell me which is at fault,The transmitter or the Quad!
The problem is they both say that the item I bought were working as the should?(Quad/Transmitter) so do you think it's the transmitter?

OK,so I am still in a mess,Today I borrowed my friends P3 advance ,the same as mine,I bound his Transmitter to my Quad and went off to test it with my ipad 2,it was the same,it comes up with this message and a slider to return to home,I have never had a P3 do that before,so I canceled it,it flew as it should,so I got it wrong by saying it returned home after 400 feet,But when I tried to set Course/Home lock the box opened again,when i canceled it,it canceled course and home lock,the same as before! so it will fly but not in any of the modes.
So I then bound his quad back with his transmitter,went off to test it with my ipad 2 ,his Quad and Transmitter and it was the same,so I thought it must be my APP,but then I thought my friend who bought it had his own ipad and his own app and he had the problem for a start,So as you can see I still don't know what it is,

Any ideas anyone?

Just to say,Went testing again today,and it was me all the time,the last time I flew a P3 for any length of time was about six month's ago,I was taping the return home button,instead of flicking the switch down to bring up the modes,so sorry for being a prat!

And it is a fault with the Transmitter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3