Holy goat is this screen bright!!!

We are talking about the P4P+ screen. It's super bright (which is a good thing).

do NOT pass this new screen up! Less lag and you can find downed aircraft in the fog with this screen! I'm talking BRIGHT! No need for hoods or goggles.
But can you use Litchi? If so, you can't use it in goggles for FPV...What about a Periscope broadcast???

I don't think dji will let litchi be on their new r/c tablet because they have that new Vr headset to market, right? Litchi offers the vr experience for super cheap.

DJI hasn't revealed either yet.

It's got to be a bright sunny [emoji295]️ day some ware lets see a nice outdoor pic of the new p+ controller in direct sun [emoji295]️ please......

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

do NOT pass this new screen up! Less lag and you can find downed aircraft in the fog with this screen! I'm talking BRIGHT! No need for hoods or goggles.
This is true of unicorns as well. I've not see comparisons of either. Random claims are one thing, confirmation and examples are another.

Screen update. Flew in direct sunlight this morning. Screen and display is much better than anything I used before but.........Id still like another 500 nits or so as its "just" good enough. Also, my preference would be a screen size similar to the ipad mini. Lots of info clutters the screen. its a nice portable solution but I'd opt for a bigger screen down the road. lag time is def. reduced so I do like the integrated idea as opposed to any wired option. A 1500 nit display at 8 inches and this is perfect.

I also just tested in bright sunlight, was pretty impessed, display completely visible/readable even in direct sun. I suppose even brighter would be better but direct sun is a tall order and about the best you can hope for is just good enough, because under those conditions you'll always want something 'just a bit brighter' ;)

But it sure blows a typical cellphone or tablet screen away, that's for sure.

A 1500 nit display at 8 inches and this is perfect.

For all I know about "nit" with regard to display brightness ----- all that quote sounds to me is like something the.........."hooker said to the sailor"

I don't know but my Samsung S7 Edge is close to this screen in terms of nit 855 compared to 1000 and is quite bright in sunlight , not as good but close..

I don't know but my Samsung S7 Edge is close to this screen in terms of nit 855 compared to 1000 and is quite bright in sunlight , not as good but close..

Be interesting to see how the edge screen plays into this...
I mean the rounded part of the screen

Miss my Note 7
ecde57a689a84678de7d04f1fcdfe871.jpg

Be interesting to see how the edge screen plays into this...
I mean the rounded part of the screen

Miss my Note 7
ecde57a689a84678de7d04f1fcdfe871.jpg

SO ODD, so many different evaluations on the maximum output, I've seen 450 to 850 nits output and rated equal to IPhone 6 as best against sun light..There is even one site discusses S7 edge uses some special software to make it even brighter ...All I know the S7 Edge is brightest of any smartphone I've used and blows away my IPad and IPAD Mini...too bad as I would love a larger screen, to this new Crystal Sky from DJI will be the cats meow...Is it worth getting the screen combo , absolutely if you dont have S7 edge or Iphone 6s. Or 7 . Personally I'm waiting because I'm happy with S7..never an issue with my P3P. And using goggles with Litchi,

Reactions: cr6

Are you saying there is lag? You said "less lag". Is this true?

Has anyone plugged an external monitor to the hdmi outut on the back of the R/c? Can someone do a test and see if the hdmi has less lag than the 1k nit tablet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka