Hoffman Island Mission Accomplished

Hey UASDRONE - glad you remembered to hit "record"!

Nice job - the music fit perfectly and added to the kind of eerie and spooky feel when looking at the video!

Man if only those walls and rocks could speak- what a story they could tell.

Thanks for posting and for the history on the island also - really added to your video. You look like a real "happy go lucky kind of guy" - way to go man!

Nice job - the music fit perfectly and added to the kind of eerie and spooky feel when looking at the video!

Thanks for posting and for the history on the island also - really added to your video. You look like a real "happy go lucky kind of guy" - way to go man!
Thanks been reading up on those man made Islands. As a child and seeing those island always wondered what was there. Now I am like wow this is what went on these islands. Thanks for watching.

UASDRONE,

I'll be traveling to NY, Timesquare area, over spring break and was wondering if I should bring my P3P.

UASDRONE,

I'll be traveling to NY, Timesquare area, over spring break and was wondering if I should bring my P3P.
There's plenty of opportunities to film on long Island but Manhattan, although beautiful and tempting, is not an area you'll find favor. You may even find hefty fines or jail. It's a hyper sensitive area that is best to avoid flying a drone. Not to mention the large airports all around the area.

Like shockwave mentioned...not sure I'd attempt flying IN NYC. North from the city and Long Island would probably be best. Although, there are some real snobs on the island...especially when you get near the end like Quogue, Hampton Bays, etc. Trust me, I lived there! LOL

There's plenty of opportunities to film on long Island but Manhattan, although beautiful and tempting, is not an area you'll find favor. You may even find hefty fines or jail. It's a hyper sensitive area that is best to avoid flying a drone. Not to mention the large airports all around the area.

Thanks for your reply! I don't intend on flying in Manhattan, or anywhere that can get me in serious trouble. That's why I'm hoping to get feedback/suggestions from locals that know the area and can suggest places to capture awesome aerial footage.

Any specific area I should know about?

Thanks for your reply! I don't intend on flying in Manhattan, or anywhere that can get me in serious trouble. That's why I'm hoping to get feedback/suggestions from locals that know the area and can suggest places to capture awesome aerial footage.

Any specific area I should know about?
There's lots of places. I can get lost for hours studying google maps for all the places out here on long Island. But even out here there's enough airports to plan around that dictate where you can't fly. Other than the obvious, it's the same no matter where you are. You fly and enjoy and hope the problems evade you. Good luck.

Btw, I just posted a video here, flown on the south shore. The shores of long Island are fantastic to fly.

UASDRONE,

In the city area it's tough there's a lot going on too much regulation. If you do do it quick safe then run. :rolleyes:

Thanks for watching

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl