hi aerial hoods on sale

Attachments

• IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    731 KB · Views: 323
I got one. It's a pretty clever design using magnets to hold it together. My tablet is about 1/2" shorter so it had some issues with the clamp but does OK. Only major issue is that it gets hot in the sun being it is all black and made of pleasure. Honestly the tablet mount on the RC has something to be desired. The clamps aren't deep enough for many tablets, especially if they have protectors on. Also the top clamp leaves a space on the back so you're inclined to push the tablet all the way back on the top where it pops out on the bottom.
I made filler strips out of foam board to compensate for the 1/2" gap in the shield height and try to make the mount more stable.
Other issue is when you use the extender, the tablet/mount tends to flop down. I often have to tighten the screw to prevent that.
Overall it does make the area around the screen sufficiently dark that in any sort of shade I don't need the extender.

Reactions: jsposito
I got one. It's a pretty clever design using magnets to hold it together. My tablet is about 1/2" shorter so it had some issues with the clamp but does OK. Only major issue is that it gets hot in the sun being it is all black and made of pleasure. Honestly the tablet mount on the RC has something to be desired. The clamps aren't deep enough for many tablets, especially if they have protectors on. Also the top clamp leaves a space on the back so you're inclined to push the tablet all the way back on the top where it pops out on the bottom.
I made filler strips out of foam board to compensate for the 1/2" gap in the shield height and try to make the mount more stable.
Other issue is when you use the extender, the tablet/mount tends to flop down. I often have to tighten the screw to prevent that.
Overall it does make the area around the screen sufficiently dark that in any sort of shade I don't need the extender.

So true about the color. I did not have the color option when I ordered mine ( different mfr.)

This one is free. But wow, started out ok but the joke was on me. I did not secure the cotroller clamps tight enough and my mint mini 2 slid out and cracked the glass. Brilliant huh? I zoomed to the idrop to have the glass replaced - $100.00 But you know it worked , I could see no glare , tilted it an bye bye. Lesson learned. New hood on the way.

Attachments

• IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    731 KB · Views: 329
I tried making a hood but wasn't effective in sun. Was OK in shade. I have an anti-glare skin on too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing