Hi-Aerial iPad/iPhone 6+ & 7+ hoods on SALE!!

Reaction score

The Hi-Aerial iPad and iPhone+ hoods are now on sale for 20% off the normal price for the month of March.

Hi-Aerial
"The Last Hood You Will Buy"
Hi-Aerial

6s.JPG 3s.JPG 2s.JPG 1s.JPG

Attachments

• 6s.JPG
    6s.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 518
  • 3s.JPG
    3s.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 503
  • 2s.JPG
    2s.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 500
  • 1s.JPG
    1s.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Seem a bit pricey. Eeeeek

OK, I need one that will cover a full size iPad. Mine measures 11.5 inches corner to corner. Do you have one for that and if so, how much is it?
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

Hi Dan, can you give me the dimensions of your tablet? The web site is being changed as I type this but thanks for letting me know.

Hi Dan, the iPad Air 2 is 9-1/2" x 6-5/8" so the iPad is 1" taller. The width is perfect. I think it will work for you. You might need to make a small opening in the hood depending on where your RC to Tablet plug in is. The iPad port is in the middle of the side edge. One of the many features of the Hi-Aerial hood is that it has an area on the top and bottom edge (the size of the DJI RC clamp) where it collapses a little in order for a tight fit of the tablet holder clamp. It's very clever actually. Send me an email at [email protected] and I can take your order should you chose.

I thought I would share my story and testimony as to how I became the distributor for the Hi-Aerial hoods.

I had a DJI Phantom 3 pro and was using it a fair bit but my complaint was I just could not see the screen unless standing in the shade and even then it was difficult at best. Like many of you, I set out on a venture to find some way of getting rid of the glare and reflection on my tablet. I bought just about every form of hood I could find on line with the hopes that the "next" purchase would be the right ticket so to speak. I am sure my wife was getting concerned with the collection of hoods I had accumulated and had only been used a few times. Nothing was working as I expected to the point I could clearly see my screen and accurately position my Phantom for picture or video purposes. I felt dismay.

One day I was caruizing through ebay searching for tablet hoods I found an ad from a place I had never heard of before but it was looking like a very well thought out hood so I contacted the seller asking for some information and to see if they made a hood for my iPad Air 2. I received an email back with some vague information and told a hood for the iPad Air 2 was coming shortly. I kept at them sending emails expressing my interest and finally I had one coming to me.

I opened the box and was immediately impressed with the quality of the material, the stiffness and that the inside was lined with a black type of fabric. Folding it into position took just a few seconds and then my first surprise was that my iPad fitted into the base of the hood and was not butting against the tablet like I thought it would. The base hood was then installed into the DJI RC tablet clamp. Interesting is the fact that the tablet not only fit snugly into the hood but that there are provisions where the clamp fits (top and bottom) where the hood is designed to "squish" a bit. This was I can get a tight grip on the iPad. There is not much room in the clamp for an iPad Air 2/Pro 9.7 so this was a great feature allowing the clamp to close 2-3 clicks securing it to the tablet holder. There is a convenient flap that lifts on the side for the lightening cable to go through and be plugged in. The "boost" or extension wraps around the upper part of the hood and is held in place with magnets. There is even a convenient contoured notch for your nose so you can put your face right into the hood.

By this time I was really getting excited to try it out in the bright sunlight. Finally the wind died down and it was test day. I was amazed at how clear I could see my screen, finally there was a product that really worked and worked very well indeed. There are some black elastic shutters on the back of the hood allowing easy access to the tablet and making changes in the Go App. I was so taken back at finally finding a proper sun shade/hood that I contacted Hi-Aerial praising them for a very well thought out product. I tossed around the idea of becoming a distributor as I was certain many many drone flyers would love the product also and after several emails back and forth we worked out a deal and now I am the world distributor excluding Europe.

Yes, the hoods are more expensive than the competitors but I can assure you that the quality and usability is definitely there...the proof is in the pudding! We also offer a 100% money back guaranty. If you are not fully satisfied then return it. I have never had a return and get many emails from people just like myself that are happy there is finally a hermetic hood and a total solution for blocking out the glare :) On the flip side and because the hood offers a real FPV experience I found that my flying skills increased dramatically and it's now second nature to confidently control my Phantom 4 pro and Inspire 1 Pro. Cheers and thanks for reading.

Hi Dan, the iPad Air 2 is 9-1/2" x 6-5/8" so the iPad is 1" taller. The width is perfect. I think it will work for you. You might need to make a small opening in the hood depending on where your RC to Tablet plug in is. The iPad port is in the middle of the side edge. One of the many features of the Hi-Aerial hood is that it has an area on the top and bottom edge (the size of the DJI RC clamp) where it collapses a little in order for a tight fit of the tablet holder clamp. It's very clever actually. Send me an email at [email protected] and I can take your order should you chose.
Just sent you an email to place the order. The USB port on my tablet is in the same spot so it should be good, other than the 1/2" offset since the Air2 is 1" taller. I should be able to make any necessary adjustments.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just sent you an email to place the order. The USB port on my tablet is in the same spot so it should be good, other than the 1/2" offset since the Air2 is 1" taller. I should be able to make any necessary adjustments.

No worries Dan, message received and reply sent. For any reason you are not happy we offer a 100% refund on the purchase price. Please report back once you have tried the hood with your tablet.

That's more than fair. I don't anticipate returning it though for not being a perfect fit. I'm sick and tired of having to overexpose or use dlog which lowers contrast just so I can fly FPV.
Only issue I anticipate is wearing glasses for distance that also auto-tint. I use a ballcap to minimize the glasses tinting.

Very interesting. I have a pair of Hoodplays that I just love but I could not focus on the display at all. I bought the RCO lens which was a 90% improvement. Because the hood is quite long I have no problems focusing on the tablet. The big advantage over the Hoodplays is that you see all the flight data and settings but when wearing the Hoodplays you only get the FPV picture from the camera which still serves its purpose I guess ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan