Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Help with raw video

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by bmyersjr, Aug 31, 2015.

1. bmyersjr

Hey guys i am looking for some help and also have a question. I had the phantom 3 Advanced shoot in raw the other day and to me the video does not look as good as when shooting in jpeg. I edited it up in final cut pro but it still looks a little off to me. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix the blurriness? Also any general feed back is welcome. Here is the video.

Mike Mauk likes this.
  2. Mike Mauk

looks great to me, but I am no expert. I would love to know what settings you have on your camera. I have the advanced as well. my movies so far are not near this good. thanks

3. bmyersjr

So far I have everything stock and just change it to shoot in raw format. I edit in Final Cut Pro x. I played with the colors and put the sharpening filter on it. But that's it thanks for the feed back!

4. Marlijn Franken

Jpg and raw is about taking photos. The way video looks depends on camera settings like ISO and shutter. Here's a good tutorial on the subject:

Tendo and dirkclod like this.
  5. bmyersjr

Thank you!

6. kevin.vn68

I also had this case and I have corrected. Thanks for sharing

7. donco234

this is high contrast ratio. (at least what I see) These little cameras do not have the dynamic range to eliminate this. Not sure if final cut pro can do this but try to reduce the contrast and peak up the sharpness a little.