Help on iPad 2 mini with DJI GO app

Reaction score
If I have a wifi only iPad 2 mini, how will I be able to view the bird on the display map? If I'm thinking right, I would need to have a wifi signal to be able to do this. Is that right? Is there something you can buy to be able to use the tablet outside of wifi as far as flying the phantom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to cache the map images in the DJI GO app for the area where you'll be flying before you head out to fly. The GPS in your bird will be used to tell the DJI GO app where your bird is located on the map.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
To get maps, you have two options:
1. Cache the maps on wifi of the area where you want to fly and then go to the field to fly

3. Tether your iPad to iPhone which has Internet.

I understand that people use what they have available but I would like to recommend you start looking for another device. Of course you can cache the maps or tether your phone to the tablet but I first tried with an iPad Mini 2 and the screen is barely visible even with a sun shade. The screen reflects too much light and is not bright enough for this type of usage. Do yourself a favor and get an iPad Mini 4, it is the brightest and best looking mobile device screen I have ever seen and you could even use it without a sun shade. With a sun shade it is unbeatable and you can even get them on sale for $100 off at Bestbuy, I think the last day of the sale is this Saturday.

Reactions: alokbhargava
Thank you. So my next step is to figure out how to do the cache. You tube it is. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enable this setting in the DJI GO app:

Cache.png

And, then do this:

Reactions: mikecorn1

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl