Help...cracks spotted

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just completed a short flight near the office and after landing and a quick inspection I found this...
c2211ba3a67a3eedfd7c3ae992d8d25c.jpg

And this

a111498ce5e6776e08d3f4bad3d8fa8c.jpg

I know that I'm not the first to face such issue but need help to fix it...

Please advise...

Contact DJI support for help. It should be covered under warranty.

thank you I've just emailed DJI support. shall I start thinking of purchasing another shell or maybe reinforcement plates ?

Do what I did and you'll never have a problem. When you get your drone back from dji open the top shell and pull the motors off and let them hang. Then buy some stuff called plast-aid and fill the cavity under the motor with it. That's what I did and have never had a crack before. Do it before you have cracks and it will prevent it from happening in the first place. It's great stuff[emoji106]

Those cracks look pretty bad. I'd replace the shell if that was my Phantom.

..yes but I've seen many threads where new shells were having the same issue...shall consider plates too ?

thank you I've just emailed DJI support. shall I start thinking of purchasing another shell or maybe reinforcement plates ?

Sandman is suggesting you to replace the shell and reinforce motors mounting area.

Right -- fix it before you fly again. If the plastic breaks around the motors screws, the motors could fall out mid-flight.

Sandman is suggesting you to replace the shell and reinforce motors mounting area.

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying[emoji106] if you just replace the shell it could very well crack again. Using the plast-aid increases the thickness by at least double and will prevent this...

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying[emoji106] if you just replace the shell it could very well crack again. Using the plast-aid increases the thickness by at least double and will prevent this...
I agree with you. These are the design improvements DJI should have carried out on their own.

Thank you all...I've just got confirmation from Dji and will send the bird to the Netherlands for repair/replacement. Hope this will not take ages...

..by the way, as I suppose soem of you experienced the same situation...am i supposed to.send the RC and batteries too or can I just send the bird?

am i supposed to.send the RC and batteries too or can I just send the bird?
You should only send what DJI asked you to send.

I would just send the drone in and nothing else. Never send batteries unless there is something wrong with them and your trying to warranty them. And since it's not a firmware issue or something about the way it's flying or lack of. they only need the bird since it's just technically a cosmic problem...

It is crazy that there are no plates inside this thing under each motor. The $300 CX-20 I have even had plates under each motor...

We have shells is Stock and can fix in a day for you if you are in US and want to ship to us. OhioDroneRepair.com
We are running a shell swap special for $129.. including part and labor. Want it painted before we put it on? $159

Reactions: Phil56
Thank you.. let me first get feedback from them..should I send the bird to the US the cost of shipment will probably exceed the cost of the shell itself...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen