Hello from DE!

Reaction score
Hi fellow DE friends. Just ordered a Phantom a few days ago. Super excited! Was hoping someone could help me understand DE flying laws. I downloaded the AirMap app and see DE appear to be all orange. I know that I need to check in with airports, seems that way at least, but some orange ranges appear to have 10 things listed. Would I need to check in with all of them? Appreciate the help. Thanks!

Reactions: smackc4
Hi fellow DE friends. Just ordered a Phantom a few days ago. Super excited! Was hoping someone could help me understand DE flying laws. I downloaded the AirMap app and see DE appear to be all orange. I know that I need to check in with airports, seems that way at least, but some orange ranges appear to have 10 things listed. Would I need to check in with all of them? Appreciate the help. Thanks!
Giďday!
Do I assume you're in Germany? I only know the Australian laws

Perhaps I should not have abbreviated so much .I meant Delaware in the US. Either way, Hi!!
Oh ok... yes it's easy to forget that the Internet IS world wide... I do it occasionally on my YouTube channel as well.

Over here the laws are 140metres, or about 400 feet altitude

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! Orange usually indicates there is a restriction in that area, usually a small airport or heliport. There will be a tab at the bottom that indicates any advisories / restrictions in your area. Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: smackc4
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! Orange usually indicates there is a restriction in that area, usually a small airport or heliport. There will be a tab at the bottom that indicates any advisories / restrictions in your area. Fly safe and have fun!
Sounds very similar to what our CASA put out an app for here called 'can I fly there?'; no fly zones marked as described and there are also many circles to indicate various fly zones.

Makes sense! So when I look at the restrictions, for instance it will list out multiple things. Do I have to check in with every one of them? My area lists ten places under airports when I know for a fact we don't have that many. Not even close. Second, when I click on one they all take me to the faa.gov page, the same page for everyone one I click on. Seems overwhelming and I haven't started flying yet :-/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72