Height limit on P3P

You can go up to 500m but you cannot go higher than that, at least not with DJI Pilot app

Sent from my PT beating heart

If I put in a value greater than 400ft it goes red then talks about the height warnings, then click on yes, than it goes right back to 400 ft.

Someone else on here had that issue. Do an IMU reset and then recalibrate

Reactions: Jbundy63
If I put in a value greater than 400ft it goes red then talks about the height warnings, then click on yes, than it goes right back to 400 ft.
Are you in the U.S. There's a 400 foot FFA law here, I accidentally exceeded it one time and got no warning.

Are you in the U.S. There's a 400 foot FFA law here, I accidentally exceeded it one time and got no warning.
You won't get a warning anymore. As you much as you should respect that rule especially in populated areas and near airports, be aware the altimeter often will give inaccurate height data. I always have a fudge factor of +100ft because it gets way off the higher you go

You won't get a warning anymore. As you much as you should respect that rule especially in populated areas and near airports, be aware the altimeter often will give inaccurate height data. I always have a fudge factor of +100ft because it gets way off the higher you go
Yes I always stay under 400 feet, one time I accidentally lost visual of it and couldn't find it, it was so bright outside. I hit the RTH and thought I set that RTH height in feet but it was meters [emoji15] so it ended up going to around 700 before I realized it. Duh so I went back and reset it LOL

Reactions: Raph and Advexure

There isn't a 400 foot "FFA" law. Who's the ffa? Football team? Just teasing. If you meant the FAA it's still wrong tho. At this time there are No enforceable laws on record regarding the operation of our little Phantom quad copters. There are however suggested guidelines as to how to fly, but nope not law.

Reactions: Ari and Jbundy63
There isn't a 400 foot "FFA" law. Who's the ffa? Football team? Just teasing. If you meant the FAA it's still wrong tho. At this time there are No enforceable laws on record regarding the operation of our little Phantom quad copters. There are however suggested guidelines as to how to fly, but nope not law.
Ugh my bad LOL Yeah I try to abide by the guidelines, I figure safe than sorry[emoji4]

I wonder if some might be being subjected to the confusing fact that in spite of choosing imperial units...the application considers and regards the entry you make in the "set maximum flight altitude field" in meters, not feet (you can see the 'm' indication next to the entry). The errors you may be getting, you'll still get if you type in 200 for example... At least for me, If I type in "121" (.equivalent of 397'), I get the warning. If I type in 120, I do not. It's important to make sure your entry is the meter equivalent of the ft you intend...even if you've set your units to Imperial.

You also have to have GPS signal to set this limit. The first time I tried to change it was inside, I turned on my P3 and controller to change it but it wont let you set it higher than 120m. So the next time I flew it, I changed it right before take off to 500m. Although I never fly that high. I think 400ft is plenty high.

If you try changing the height value in pilot app without being connected to the P3, then yes, it will go right back to 400'.
With the P3 on, you should be able to change the height up to 500M and it will keep the setting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT