Has anyone used Drone Base?

Can someone reply to the question about many of the panos being of private property? I can only imagine someone getting more than a little concerned when they see a drone hovering above their house taking pictures....

Can someone reply to the question about many of the panos being of private property? I can only imagine someone getting more than a little concerned when they see a drone hovering above their house taking pictures....

Ha! I shot a beautiful glass front home yesterday and you can see the gent having breakfast at his table when reviewing the pics! They were watching me across the street......

I've shot 10 I think so far....

There is nothing wrong with shooting any property, house, building, ect. from your drone. Your not breaking any laws so there's nothing no one can do. I'm positive you could turn the tables with someone if they became upset. I mean, your helping them sell, with zero out of pocket on their part. Once that point is made, all should be well. For the most part, these properties are vacant anyway. If you feel uncomfortable, go knock on the door. Tell them your intentions and throw them a card. I've done that a few times too.

Reactions: Nick DroneBase
Ha! I shot a beautiful glass front home yesterday and you can see the gent having breakfast at his table when reviewing the pics! They were watching me across the street......

I've shot 10 I think so far....

There is nothing wrong with shooting any property, house, building, ect. from your drone. Your not breaking any laws so there's nothing no one can do. I'm positive you could turn the tables with someone if they became upset. I mean, your helping them sell, with zero out of pocket on their part. Once that point is made, all should be well. For the most part, these properties are vacant anyway. If you feel uncomfortable, go knock on the door. Tell them your intentions and throw them a card. I've done that a few times too.

Actually, photographing or recording someone on video while they're in their home or on their property without approval IS a violation of privacy laws in most jurisdictions. Many reports in and out of court can be found on this and other similar forums and it's big source of irritation for anyone looking to condemn the hobby/industry....not a good thing to do.

On the other hand, getting permission from the owner/occupant would avoid any problems. I just find it odd that Dronebase doesn't encourage that approach by the pilot, or 'grease the skids' on their own. Makes me feel like something not 'above board'.

Reactions: Ike
IMG_0742.JPG
To each their own:)

You'll never get "that shot" unless you try!

I have done numerous client missions through Drone Base. It is great work. All of the fun (flying) and none of the pain (editing) They pay nearly instantly on upload. The greatest thing since DJI. I did my first couple of random panos right before Thanksgiving. I got paid on both. I picked commercial properties as opposed to residential. I have several more panos I plan to get to soon.

I have done numerous client missions through Drone Base. It is great work. All of the fun (flying) and none of the pain (editing) They pay nearly instantly on upload. The greatest thing since DJI. I did my first couple of random panos right before Thanksgiving. I got paid on both. I picked commercial properties as opposed to residential. I have several more panos I plan to get to soon.

I did two Commercial Panos before the week prior to Thanksgiving and got paid $25 on one of them within a few days. That super fast payout seems suspicious to me as how could they have sold the Pano that fast? And they sold it for only $50? Additionally, $25 is just not worth it for the amount of time it takes to research which properties have acceptable flying conditions and which properties are more likely to sell. I'm waiting to see if the two Panos generate additional revenue before doing more Panos where the Pilot takes 100% of the risk for an uncertain benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ShivarenoP3
You don't need any software. They do all the editing. You upload 25 pics for the pano (12 level, 12 at 45*, and one straight down), and 5-6 shots from around the property.

I shot and submitted 2 more missions today for a total of 4. My PC, where I upload from, shows 4 missions complete while my app only shows one. Kind of weird. Anyway.....

yep - that was a bug on our end. been reported :)

Actually, photographing or recording someone on video while they're in their home or on their property without approval IS a violation of privacy laws in most jurisdictions. Many reports in and out of court can be found on this and other similar forums and it's big source of irritation for anyone looking to condemn the hobby/industry....not a good thing to do.

On the other hand, getting permission from the owner/occupant would avoid any problems. I just find it odd that Dronebase doesn't encourage that approach by the pilot, or 'grease the skids' on their own. Makes me feel like something not 'above board'.

We've been watching this as well. We liken it to Google Street View. Its all public.

We've been watching this as well. We liken it to Google Street View. Its all public.

what do you mean by "We've been watching this as well"? and "We liken it to Google Street View. It's all public."??
What do you liken to Google Street View?
What is "public"?

Probably that it's just as legal as Google Street View driving around taking photos of everything. And that doing such is considered to be within the public's right. Just as it would be if you drove to someone's house and took a photo of it from the street. Beautiful thing about freedom is that it's free.

I don't see the relation between 'freedom' and invading people's privacy.
Google Street View has had enough cases to settle to support that and I do not have the budget nor the attorney stable Google has.

I really like the idea of Dronebase and was interested to join but I will pass as I am not comfortable to show up at someone's house, without their knowledge/approval and start shooting with the hope that maybe a realtor will be interested in buying the footage and I'll get $25 to $50 in return.

One could directly work with realtors and brokers and make $250 on a job. I am sure its a great opportunity for those who are ok to do it, but I won't show up at someone's place and start shooting without their consent.
Dronebase should take care of that, have agreed to having a drone shoot with the realtors/home sellers prior to sending drone operators on property. Whether pay is guaranteed or not.

Reactions: cr6 and lonjsnyder
They've given me several jobs over the last 2 years. They give you some training on what they need, give you a long list of shots/clips to take and send you out. They review your stuff quick and pay quick. A+++ for them in my book.
So how do they figure payment? Commission? By the hour? How much typically?

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart