Has anybody got their pre ordered Flytrex yet?

Same problem here but mine will not work even after I unplug the four pin connector and reconnect. I get one red led blink, short pause then five red led blinks then it repeats over and over. I did add it to my profile on their website using the bar code on the FL3G but doesn't seem to make any difference.

Try scanning the bar code on the unit with your phone and register it to your Flytrex profile and see what you get.

I cleared the red light problem and the Flytrex now connects properly by doing the following:

Bought a new SIM card
Downgraded firmware to v1.32 and then upgrade again to v1.4.0010 both with the Flytrex plugged in.
IMU full calibration
So far (maybe 10 times) I have restarted the Phantom and the unit has cycled correctly and connected to the network.
Can't really explain but so far so good!!

I cleared the red light problem and the Flytrex now connects properly by doing the following:

Bought a new SIM card
Downgraded firmware to v1.32 and then upgrade again to v1.4.0010 both with the Flytrex plugged in.
IMU full calibration
So far (maybe 10 times) I have restarted the Phantom and the unit has cycled correctly and connected to the network.

Thanks for the update. But unfortunately it makes me even more frustrated with my problem. I had already purchased a new sim just for the P3. This new one and an older one both work fine in my other two FL3G that I use in my P2 Phantoms. So I'm pretty sure sim isn't the problem.

I did the downgrade to 1.32 and then back to 1.4.0010 (with and without Flytrex connected) two times now with same result. I recalibrated the IMU after each firmware change and the result is the same. Brief Blue Led, Then brief Purple and then I get this: One Red Led blink, about a half second pause followed by five rapid Red Led blinks which repeats over and over.

Without a sim card in, it will power up, initialize correctly and goes to steady green. Put in a known good sim and it does the: red - red red red red red Led sequence over and over.

I have removed the Flytrex and packed it up ready to ship back for a REFUND because it has now been 10 days and they still haven't replied to my emails. I refuse to do any business with a firm that incompetent in dealing with their problems. I am not being paid to QA their products, I am supposedly the customer or so I thought. Meanwhile I will have to trust my Trackimo until I find a better solution. I will file a complaint against them today with VISA, maybe that will wake someone up at Flytrex.

Thanks for your information and glad you solved the problem.

I think it must be a problem with your Flytrex unit. Too bad we do not have the ability to reinstall the firmware on the Flytrex and see if that would clear the problem. I tend to get obsessed with these types of problems!! Oh well, at least it keeps us off the streets!!

It's just bad UI/UX design. Export can only be accessed on the "Profile page" listing of flights. Not from the flight log book.

To find it:

- Go to -> "Profile" page while signed in (important!)
- Click the little down arrow (immediate left of the country flag in the blue header box) on the flight you want to export
- "Export Mission"

Works fine, minus voltage and flight mode data. Export to CSV or KML.

Hi guys!

I'm very sorry about the mess! We finished shipping a huge number of our new Live Plus system just a day before heading to vacation (we wanted to make sure the system gets our before the team leaves on holiday), but since most of our team was on local holiday we had very limited staff to handle the support load. This created a mess in our support. We're now back in full force from vacation and catching up quickly. Please allow us a few days to catch up with all support tickets and I hope we'll be back on top of things, including any required fixed and updates to the site based on all the feedback we received.

Regarding the Export feature, as mentioned above, this is still available. Just in case it helps, you can read more how to export a mission at FAQ #12: Flytrex Live 3G FAQ

I completely accept and agree with the UI feedback. I've added a note to our team to ad the export option to the log page as well and we'll make sure to add the export option to through the logbook page as well.

Regarding the flight mode, we currently still don't parse this data from the CANBUS port on the Phantom 3, but we should be able to enable this feature in the future with a new firmware upgrade. I don't have an ETA for this yet, we have a lot of catching up and fixes we wish to do first, but I do hope to have news on this as well.

Thanks! :)

Hi guys!

I'm very sorry about the mess! We finished shipping a huge number of our new Live Plus system just a day before heading to vacation (we wanted to make sure the system gets our before the team leaves on holiday), but since most of our team was on local holiday we had very limited staff to handle the support load. This created a mess in our support. We're now back in full force from vacation and catching up quickly. Please allow us a few days to catch up with all support tickets and I hope we'll be back on top of things, including any required fixed and updates to the site based on all the feedback we received.

Regarding the Export feature, as mentioned above, this is still available. Just in case it helps, you can read more how to export a mission at FAQ #12: Flytrex Live 3G FAQ

I completely accept and agree with the UI feedback. I've added a note to our team to ad the export option to the log page as well and we'll make sure to add the export option to through the logbook page as well.

Regarding the flight mode, we currently still don't parse this data from the CANBUS port on the Phantom 3, but we should be able to enable this feature in the future with a new firmware upgrade. I don't have an ETA for this yet, we have a lot of catching up and fixes we wish to do first, but I do hope to have news on this as well.

With due respect, talk is cheap. All I want is an RMA to return my defective unit for a REFUND. How hard is that to do? It is now been 11 days and still no replies to my email requests for help.

Right, but unfortunately the "new" APN Programmer doesn't seem to work (yet) with the new Flytrex... Spent hours trying, to no avail.
Oh no, that isn't good news at all. :( I've never used that programmer and why I wasn't going to be the first person to try on the P3 because with my luck (and advancing senility) I was afraid of screwing something up. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

What I can't figure out is why some folks with H2O SIMs aren't having any problems or so it seems. I do have a reception problem in my rural area because of the hills and location of AT&T's tower. With the P2 it sometimes it wouldn't connect on the ground but it always connected immediately once I got up about 20-30'. Once it connected it stayed connected even back on the ground at the home point on landing. That makes it difficult to work with in the house since I don't get a signal at all. I wonder if I can take the SIM out of my Samsung Note 4 (Verizon) and get it to work with the Live +?

I have no doubt that Flytrex will fix all these problems sooner or later including more data showing up as they were just overloaded with work trying to get the + shipped out. I just wish it was sooner rather than later as winter is coming and even in NW Florida it gets too cold for me to spend much time outdoors. I am a native of Miami and never even saw snow till I went in the Army. After escaping from Miami back in the mid seventies I thought I had moved to the North Pole it got so dang cold up here. :confused:

Bought a new SIM card
IMU full calibration
What cell phone carrier did you use on both the old and new SIM card?

Hi guys!

Thanks for following up!

I know that it was just the high holidays... So that's understandable that people have been away, but still, over a week without support is a tough pill for anyone to swallow. Sure round Christmas/New Years in America, things are slow, but I'd never expect to not get a response for over a week.... Just saying.

Second, the flight mode data is one thing, but the missing voltage data? And the fact that since the mobile app auto zooms, and the home point is consistently set incorrectly are not "features to be added later" but critical design faults with the currently shipping product.

I'm just happy to have any tracker at the moment, but it should be made clear that the currently shipping product is not complete or fully functioning, even though it is sold as such. I explicitly asked Rebekah before purchasing what data was logged and available, and said data is in fact, not available.

I appreciate not everything can happen at once, but fixing your existing products so they do what they say, should be a very high priority. Not something that *might* get resolved months down the road.

As I said, I'll keep using mine for now, as I have little alternative, but at least for me personally, I'm quite dismayed by both the service I've received, the shipping delays, and in fact, the functioning of the final product itself.

So again, I do appreciate your response here, but as others have said, talk is cheap, and what I really want is my Flytrex to function as advertised.

Reactions: SENC
If anyone is looking for one of these but worried about shipping delays, pm me. Mine finally arrived but I've decided I don't want to use it. I have the live 3g+, adapter, and mount - all still unopened in original packaging.

Right, but unfortunately the "new" APN Programmer doesn't seem to work (yet) with the new Flytrex... Spent hours trying, to no avail.

Hi Fredz :)

Really sorry about this! Indeed shortly after shipping the new Live Plus systems to users we noticed that the existing Live Programmer isn't compatible with the new Live Plus, basically making it impossible to set a custom APN or extract existing missions from the Live Plus' internal memory.

We're now working around the clock to finish the new Live Programmer update. This new update will now include support for the new Live Plus as well. :) Our team is working on this right now and we expect to have a first working version in the next 2-3 days. Once done, users will be able to easily set a custom APN for their Live Plus. This will most likely help many users to fix the current connection issues they are having with the Live Plus.

Again, we're sorry for missing this and for the delay! We will post updates shortly as soon as the new Live Programmer version is available for download. Thanks for the report! :)

I'm having the problem of the light staying purple (or blue if I'm color blind) and asked Amit on the Facebook page and he replied with the following. I haven't tried it yet so don't know if it's the answer or not.
Flytrex Hi Jerry smile emoticon My first assumption will be to check the APN configuration in the Live device and try configuring it to use the H2O APN settings. Technically the Live includes a built-in list with APN details for most networks world-wide, however, it is missing many of the APN settings for smaller virtual networks. Since H2O are a virtual network (using AT&T's network) it is likely that you will need to setup the APN settings of the Live device manually at first.

After settings up the Live APN settings give it another try. I believe there are good chances this will help solve this issue.

You can configure the Live APN settings using the Live Programmer available for download via our web-site here:
Flytrex Live 3G Programmer

Let me know if this issue continues and we'll check a few other configuration options that I believe might be related as well.
As far as dealing with this company I've always got answers to my questions, both email and on Facebook. Sometimes not as quick as I like but no longer than 5 days or so. I had to have the one for my P2 replaced as the CAN-BUS adapter was defective and burned up both my video transmitter and the Flytrex 3G but they replaced the adapter and 3G with no problem.

They are a very small company and I doubt they even have 15 people working there. Like most sellers they have their products manufactured in China then they check each one to make sure it works so it does take time. If you monitor the live flights you can see one of them coming on line with what looks like a short flight to nowhere which must be quality checks. I too got very upset over the Live + even understanding their change from a "open up the P3 to a plug and play adapter but still they shouldn't be taking folks money until they have the products ready to ship. Some waited 4 months and that's just not an acceptable way to do business.

Thanks Jerry for the feedback!

We're constantly working on improving things and putting a lot of efforts improving our support outreach as well, this includes our email support, Facebook and various different forums. We know that we have a lot more work to do on our support front and are trying to improve there as quickly as we can. We have taken several important steps in that direction and I hope that users will start seeing improvement with our support already in the next week or two.

As you mentioned, we're relatively small company (compared to companies such as DJI or larger technology companies) and sometimes things end up taking longer than expected. This was also the case with our latest Flytrex Live for Phantom 3 release and we apologize for this delay - we already had a first version of the Phantom 3 adapter in production, but after receiving feedback from first test users we made a last moment decision to re-design the adapter so users won't need to open the Phantom 3 shell for the installation. If you had the chance to open up the Phantom 3 shell I'm sure you'll agree it is rather challenging task and no serious 3rd party add-on should ask users to do so for installation.

This last moment change caused us a large mess, but I do believe it was the right decision rather than releasing a product that users won't be able to install. The new and final adapter that offers installation without having to open the Phantom 3 shell really makes life much, much easier and allows many more users to actually install Flytrex Live that couldn't do it if asked to open up the shell.

Again, we value all feedback very much and I assure you that we're working hard to improve on these points you mentioned. I really hope you, and our other users, will feel some good changes coming on our support front already by next week as we make some major changes to our support team these days.

Why is the $19 device mount and $19 installation cable not included in the product price? Especially the Installation Cable. It is being shown as an accessory. If it is a must have item to get the device to function on the Aircraft, it's not an accessory.
Shouldn't this be automatically included in the purchase price and shipped with each Live 3G? And then have it listed with a replacement price.

Why is there a cost difference between 3 item's verses the other 4 shown in the images below? All 7 look to have the same parts.

L3C9.jpg

L3C8.jpg

if you lose connection from the controller to the Phantom the flight log will not locate the phantom. It will only show the last known location, not the current location. Flytrex is an awesome product. Im worried they have run into problems. And the weight is minimal compared to other trackers. The only other one that comes close is the fm beacon

I tried searching for a site to get more info about the FM Beacon but not having much luck. Do you happen to have any links where I can find out more about them? Is it a brand name or are you referring to a beacon type generic tracker?

Thanks
Thanks for the update. But unfortunately it makes me even more frustrated with my problem. I had already purchased a new sim just for the P3. This new one and an older one both work fine in my other two FL3G that I use in my P2 Phantoms. So I'm pretty sure sim isn't the problem.

I did the downgrade to 1.32 and then back to 1.4.0010 (with and without Flytrex connected) two times now with same result. I recalibrated the IMU after each firmware change and the result is the same. Brief Blue Led, Then brief Purple and then I get this: One Red Led blink, about a half second pause followed by five rapid Red Led blinks which repeats over and over.

Without a sim card in, it will power up, initialize correctly and goes to steady green. Put in a known good sim and it does the: red - red red red red red Led sequence over and over.

I have removed the Flytrex and packed it up ready to ship back for a REFUND because it has now been 10 days and they still haven't replied to my emails. I refuse to do any business with a firm that incompetent in dealing with their problems. I am not being paid to QA their products, I am supposedly the customer or so I thought. Meanwhile I will have to trust my Trackimo until I find a better solution. I will file a complaint against them today with VISA, maybe that will wake someone up at Flytrex.

Thanks for your information and glad you solved your problems.

UPDATE 09/30/2015:

Since I still cannot get any replies from Flytrex I did a last ditch effort to attempt solve whatever the issue is that is preventing it from operating with a sim card installed. What I found was interesting. I still get the Red, Pause, Red Red Red Red Red LED code so nothing changed there. But when I went back to their website and logged in. I found that my units ID # has already been registered to another user. Yet when I used the bar code with my phone when I first received the unit the message I got was that it was registration was successful.

I am past the furious stage and now entering the uncontrollable rage stage. They must have shipped me a defective unit that had already been returned by a previous customer. They aren't even responding to PayPal. I guess I will give our State Attorney's Office a call and ask for guidance on what to do next.

I tried searching for a site to get more info about the FM Beacon but not having much luck. Do you happen to have any links where I can find out more about them? Is it a brand name or are you referring to a beacon type generic tracker?
UHF RF beacon
This (imho) is the best long term long range locator on the market. Its not for someone who is not willing to invest time and learn how to use it.
Its light weight and long range. Has great battery life and can be used for so many different applications.

What cell phone carrier did you use on both the old and new SIM card?
H2O Wireless 3 in 1 SIM card. It's free on Amazon or $10 at Best Buy. You then activate by phone and buy the $10 for 90 day minute option online. That gives you plenty of data for what you need.

Reactions: Skipholiday
H2O Wireless 3 in 1 SIM card. It's free on Amazon or $10 at Best Buy. You then activate by phone and buy the $10 for 90 day minute option online. That gives you plenty of data for what you need.
Ive had great luck with H2o

I'm using H2O also and it's the same one that worked in the P2. I've tried about everything that's been suggested (except get a new card from H2O) and I just get the solid blue-purplish light. I guess we'll have to wait for the new version of Live Programmer to check if something changed on H2O's end that allows newer cards to work but not the older ones.

I'm using H2O also and it's the same one that worked in the P2. I've tried about everything that's been suggested (except get a new card from H2O) and I just get the solid blue-purplish light. I guess we'll have to wait for the new version of Live Programmer to check if something changed on H2O's end that allows newer cards to work but not the older ones.
I'm curious if your P 2 Flytrex shows your starting altitude at your current elevation above sea level or ground level? My P 2 Flytrex shows starting altitude above sea level, but my P 3 Flytrex shows starting level at ground level. Anyone else seeing the same??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl