Has anybody got their pre ordered Flytrex yet?

The problem with that is I and I'm sure others don't want to be on Facebook. They have a blog on their website and I have asked them to please mirror the information to their blog but I haven't had any success yet. Not holding my breath.

It's a shame, because when their products work, they are worth having. Still ahead of any other trackers that I have tried.
that should not be a problem at all considering to properly use Flytrex you must have a facebook account. Many create account to use only for this purpose!

It's the Jewish holidays in Israel this week and most people take off until Thursday.
After installation with the CAN BUS external cables and new Flytrex, I had a similar issue in that the 2 red lights would not go off and the Flytrex unit would not initialize on power up of the drone.
I began also getting an intermittent MC ERROR (and please restart the Phantom). After checking all of the connections and calling H2O wireless to be sure my SIM card was okay, I reinstalled the V1.4.0010 firmware. You first have to reinstall the V1.3.2 and then reinstall the V1.4.0010.
I unplugged the 4 pin connector to the Flytrex when I did both firmware updates.
After the reinstallation, both the Flytrex worked and the MC ERROR stopped.
Not sure what caused the glitch, but it was something to do with the installation which was cleared by the firmware reinstall. Hope that helps and let me know if it works for you!!

I use an h2o sim $10 bucks for LTE minute plan 90 days
https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/

That's what I am using. Both the sim cards work perfectly in my other two L3G for V2 Phantoms
It's the Jewish holidays in Israel this week and most people take off until Thursday.
After installation with the CAN BUS external cables and new Flytrex, I had a similar issue in that the 2 red lights would not go off and the Flytrex unit would not initialize on power up of the drone.
I began also getting an intermittent MC ERROR (and please restart the Phantom). After checking all of the connections and calling H2O wireless to be sure my SIM card was okay, I reinstalled the V1.4.0010 firmware. You first have to reinstall the V1.3.2 and then reinstall the V1.4.0010.
I unplugged the 4 pin connector to the Flytrex when I did both firmware updates.
After the reinstallation, both the Flytrex worked and the MC ERROR stopped.
Not sure what caused the glitch, but it was something to do with the installation which was cleared by the firmware reinstall. Hope that helps and let me know if it works for you!!

Actually, I did have to do that with my firmware updates already because of the fact that I wasn't planning on flying the P3 until the Flytrex arrived and was way behind in doing firmware updates. It would not allow me to install v1.4.0010 until I did the v1.3.2 update. Now when I try to do the v1.3.2 it says a newer one is already installed. Now if I try to do the v1.4.0010 again, it says an identical version is already installed and aborts. I will just be happy and return it for credit and use my Trackimo and hope I never have to use it. Found a nice mount for it that looks and mounts just like the Flytrex one. Better than having nothing which is what the Flytrex is right now. To say I'm disgusted is an understatement!

I'm not sure our symptoms are the same. My problem is only apparent with the sim card installed in the Flytrex. On power up I get brief blue, then red, then steady green with the sim card removed. With it installed I get the same brief blue, then red, then after awhile it goes blue again then red while never getting any green. It repeats that cycle over and over. Both my H2O sims work perfect in my other two L3G Phantom V2 versions. So I am confident they aren't the problem.

My P3P must have a curse on it because it has been problem after problem. The first one was DOA and had to be replaced. I can't imagine what would be happening to it if I was actually flying it much.

Thanks for your reply and I will give it another try but I doubt anything is going to change.
I'll give you a hoot back and let you know what happens.

UPDATED:

I did the firmware update again. Same result. Checked all the pins in all the connectors to be sure none were bent, all found to be OK. What I neglected to mention in my earlier reply is that after it tries to initialize with the sim card in; The final result is a flashing red led. Not steady. It gives one blink, short pause and then five blinks and repeats over and over. Must be a failure code. But I can't find out what it might be. It still seems to boot normally without a sim card in it.

That's it, I'm done with Flytrex. I just hope I can get my money back and not have to mess with any more chance of damaging my P3.

Last edited:
that should not be a problem at all considering to properly use Flytrex you must have a facebook account. Many create account to use only for this purpose!

I'm not sure that is true. I have been using my other two P2 version L3G for almost a year without it. I'm not using them for social media snooping on what I'm doing so that might be the difference. Big brother already has his nose where it shouldn't be, I'm not going to help him if I can avoid it.

All the signs of an unreputable or struggling/about to go under business. No response to emails or facebook posts, then the day Iost a complaint/warning to others here I get a tracking number. Days and days pass with no confirmation from the shipper. Email to flytrex, an email response promising it had been shipped, that the shipper hadn't updated their site. Another email a few days later after still no shipper updates. No response. Sent a note to flytrex in the 17th stating such and requesting a cancellation of my order. Today the shipper site shows they got the package on the 17th. This company appears to be playing the float on its customers. They will not get my business again, regardless of how well the damned thing works, because I'd bet they're out of business within months. I hope I'm proven wrong about that, but as I've said before, this company makes dji look like a great customer service organization.

I'm not sure that is true. I have been using my other two P2 version L3G for almost a year without it. I'm not using them for social media snooping on what I'm doing so that might be the difference. Big brother already has his nose where it shouldn't be, I'm not going to help him if I can avoid it.
what? wtf social media snooping? I've had flytrex since the original core. early on it was a requirement to have a FB account.
It may have changed.(watch about 3:06 in video)
I've always had mine linked and all 4 of my Flytrex's run flawless on all of my UAV's.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've always had mine linked and all 4 of my Flytrex's run flawless on all of my UAV's.

I can do that without Spy book. I just choose not to broadcast to the world but even then, I can still do that without logging into Spy book.

I can do that without Spy book. I just choose not to broadcast to the world but even then, I can still do that without logging into Spy book.
are you 9? nevermind, past replies answer more clear.

Yeah, and when I grow up I want to cool like you. LOL
maybe your ok afterall. when the core was released facebook was how flights were logged. Not sure if it still goes through the same channels.
And at first I did not like the FB link either, but Im a huge flytrex fan

Yeah, and when I grow up I want to cool like you. LOL
maybe your ok afterall. when the core was released facebook was how flights were logged. Not sure if it still goes through the same channels.
And at first I did not like the FB link either, but Im a huge flytrex fan

Thanks, I guess then I apologize with my cool remark. After having worked for 40 plus years as a FAA and FCC licensed tech maintaining avionics boxes and a/c that cost over 175 million bucks, I think I am qualified to figure out if a Flytrex is installed and working correctly. This one isn't. If it was, I wouldn't be here now. I'd be doing something fun.

The reason one would want to have Facebook, is if you chose to broadcast your flight live out to the world, those who might want to view or spy on it live would need Facebook. I have mine set to not broadcast. You can replay and log the entire flight without it so I'm not bothered having to use it. But now that I say that, I think I can even do that on the Flytrex web site without Facebook. Only those not registered on the Flytrex website would need Facebook. But I need to double check that. As they say "different strokes for different folks".

Thanks, I guess then I apologize with my cool remark. After having worked for 40 plus years as a FAA and FCC licensed tech maintaining avionics boxes and a/c that cost over 175 million bucks, I think I am qualified to figure out if a Flytrex is installed and working correctly. This one isn't. If it was, I wouldn't be here now. I'd be doing something fun.

The reason one would want to have Facebook, is if you chose to broadcast your flight live out to the world, those who might want to view or spy on it live would need Facebook. I have mine set to not broadcast. You can replay and log the entire flight without it so I'm not bothered having to use it. But now that I say that, I think I can even do that on the Flytrex web site without Facebook. Only those not registered on the Flytrex website would need Facebook. But I need to double check that. As they say "different strokes for different folks".
I sent a message to them asking this same question. When I 1st installed the core it was a prerequisite to setup through FB.
I'm retired military so normally I'm a stickler for following instructions. I also like being as streamlined as possible,.

Did finally get mine today, installed it and it seems to be working correctly.

Haven't had a chance to fly yet, but it connected to the 3G network, and updated my location on the Flytrex site.

HOWEVER...

As of right now, it appears as though the Flytrex isn't recording voltage data or flight mode... wtf? I thought the whole point of having the CANbus deal was to be able to get this data? Voltage in particular is extremely important. Flight mode helps me map my controller range.

This basically means the newer, more expensive, Flytex 3G is recording LESS data than the original model on my P2V+.

Can anyone else chime in as to whether or not they are facing the same limitation?

How do you know it's not recording that data, Shammyh?

@Shammyh , how do you know it doesn't? It's not flying. The algo Flytrex uses knows whether your bird is in the air, so it doesn't record when it's sitting on your kitchen table.

Well it's certianly not displaying said data on the website. And checking out a few other people's saved P3 flights, I would appear not to be the only one.

This aside, I was asking if anyone else who has received their Flytrex has been able to see said data.

Voltage is perhaps one of the most critical pieces of information, after actual location.

Well it's certianly not displaying said data on the website. And checking out a few other people's saved P3 flights, I would appear not to be the only one.

This aside, I was asking if anyone else who has received their Flytrex has been able to see said data.

Voltage is perhaps one of the most critical pieces of information, after actual location.
This is mine from yesterday. mine seems to be missing voltage data as well. :-/
Also I linked this thread to the techs at Flytrex, they will be here soon I hope.

Attachments

• FlyNOWtrex.PNG
    FlyNOWtrex.PNG
    101.8 KB · Views: 267
Also I linked this thread to the techs at Flytrex, they will be here soon I hope.
Attached is a screnshot of the Flytrex data on my PV2+. Its showing voltage.

Attachments

• FlyNOWtrex2.PNG
    FlyNOWtrex2.PNG
    159.8 KB · Views: 300

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers