Hangar 360

Reaction score
I am going to try Hangar 360 on my P3P but not sure if you have to set the Mode switch to F and then back to P mode if you want to land it manually, I am sure I have read this somwhere but cant find it now..

Flack

Yes, setting the PAF switch back to P will always give you back control (assuming that the RC and AC are still connected regardless of the app being used.

Well that did not work, I went through all the procedure to use this app, when I selected the play the mission it counted down and said mission failed, I was just about to quit the app when my drone started up took off and hovered about 2 feet in the air, then just flipped over landing on upside down on the floor, I quickly removed the battery as doing the stop props command with the remote did not do anything.
Anyway luckily no damage done as I started her up in Litchi and checked it out.
Has anybody on here used it with there P3P, and if so what was steps to get it to work.?

Flack

Flack, I have used Hangar successfully several times with P3P. I have experienced some problems with mission failing to initialise. But not when starting the equipment from scratch.
In other words:
Connect iPad to Controller
Power up Aircraft
Power up Controller and as I often forget: SWITCH IT TO 'F' MODE
Power up iPad
Activate Hangar 360 app
Control aircraft fully from iPad screen

Hangar 360 Photo

Here is a historic shot I took this morning with my P3P directly over a 5000 year old Neolithic tomb. You can see the oldest road in Britain next to it, reaching from the West horizon to a relatively young hill fort on the East horizon (Its only 3000 years old!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil56
Hanger worked for me, manual take off then to height to take the photos, couldnt get the links from the site to work for facebook, said it was trying but never did. Ended up doing the 360 in ICE with no problems

Might want to look into litchi for flying and capturing your pano pictures. Then try Hugin (free) or PTGui to process the images.

In other words:
Connect iPad to Controller
Power up Aircraft
Power up Controller and as I often forget: SWITCH IT TO 'F' MODE
Power up iPad
Activate Hangar 360 app
Control aircraft fully from iPad screen
It's always been my practice, and I've been taught at the local RC field, that the aircraft is the LAST item you power up. Might not be as big a deal with today's radios and the way they bind but I justify it to myself by: don't give the aircraft a chance to "listen" to an errant signal and start the motors while your controller's not on!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl